The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

Thanks guys, i dont understand what gw were thinking with the "standard" centurion heads, theyre flat out awful.

i did indeed pick up a tac squad box, though some of the marines will be posed "boringly" ie straight out of the box for the aiming dude, reloading dude etc i have a few ideas that i'd like to try out too.. i've got their sarge built and a bit of paint on him so ill hopefully have some pics for you all after i've slept (night shifts suck ass)

Those centurions look worlds better than the stock models. That one on the right in the advancing pose... I really like him, and I never thought I'd say that about even a converted centurion. Terrific work. The head swap makes a huge difference overall, too.

Only a small update tonight.. Work has taken its toll on my productivity.. i did manage to make a few new models for the 2nd tactical squad and get some more painting done however.

I apologise for the crap photo, my camera's battery was dead as a doornail.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/256/1/5/tactical_squad_2_by_typhion-d6m74qz.jpg

the white and black lambda needs LOADS of work.. im thinking i may marble it like ajax's shield, not sure yet.

Only a small update tonight.. Work has taken its toll on my productivity.. i did manage to make a few new models for the 2nd tactical squad and get some more painting done however.

I apologise for the crap photo, my camera's battery was dead as a doornail.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/256/1/5/tactical_squad_2_by_typhion-d6m74qz.jpg

the white and black lambda needs LOADS of work.. im thinking i may marble it like ajax's shield, not sure yet.

These models are beautiful, great bronze and great poses.

I've always had trouble making left handed marines

Lorenzen, these are fantastic! The Marines have all been kit bashed and painted up very nicely, love the conversion work.

Brother Heinrich, the new Vets kit and new Tactical kit are all great, IMO, but I would definitely get the Sternguard kit, it's almost a must-have, and it could probably be Chaos-ified well also.

Thanks guys glad u all like them

I heat resin with a hairdryer as it allows me to glue bits whilst they still have a bit of flex. Theres no exact science behind it just heat until its able to be repositioned with little resistance then given a blast of colder air to help it hold its new shape.

Ill get a reversed shot of the gun arm in a little while.

the 1st left handed marine is a missile launcher arm and a basic old tactical marines right arm cut and repositioned.

the 2nd guys arms are both from the sternguard kit, the only bit of cutting to them i did was the "armpit" on his right arm.

and heres a picture of the hand on Sergeant "Scowly McBeardface" or as I like to call him Idas..

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/257/8/8/backhand_by_typhion-d6mc4hz.jpg

i may strip and repaint the combi bolter as i agree its a bit thick and i have a few other issues with it as a converted peice anyway.

Archived