The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

You could "sort of" the waist of the tartaros is quite different but mating the legs to a plastic chest wouldnt be that hard with some work. Arms may look odd, not looked into it much.

Bringing up the standard issue Terminator armour Dominatus Pattern, I would recommend, if it ever arises, that you use Dominatus helmets on your Tartaros Terminators. I always liked the Dominatus helmets because they have this very brute feel to them, like a bull's head so I think it would be great for Minotaurs.

im working on them at the same time as this wench! the mino symbol was done with the left over gs/mp mix from your cloak!

honestly some people... tongue.png

for those who don't know.. im sculpting a praetor (or 2) for Rider..

1148818_10151658994526406_2008507439_n.j

he'll be getting a lion pelt and a bit more bling on him before long.. currently taking 3000 grit sandpaper to the cloak to make sure its pretty much flawless.

Holy crap! How did I miss this guy! I want your knowledge on how you made that awesome cloak, you have, with a single miniature made me considering doing a loyalist army again. Kudos sir, kudos.

Theres a few pics of the work in progress version of my 2nd death guard praetor and a tutorial for loincloths in my death guard topic.. its essentially the same type of thing just on a bigger scale.

been doing a little bit of painting, mostly just blocked the colours in outside of the bronze so far, but its progress none the less!
the highlights are a little over exposed, ill be changing the background to white for future pics i think and getting my camera setup to make them as lclose to how they look irl as possible..(something gw should do..)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/225/f/f/6_by_typhion-d6hy2mp.jpg

Quick update, been working more on the tac marines.. need to have a chat with Dargor soon about a few things but thought id get some basic models done before moving onto more of the "cool" stuff like the termies..

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/226/d/6/7_by_typhion-d6i4bwz.jpg

im unsure which background works best for these dudes for photography thinking the black, but need to fix a bulb to really check properly.. some of the highlights i think are a little too broad and i may need to neaten them up.. but otherwise im pretty pleased with them so far.

Okay bit more work on the tacticals namely the sarge.. I've found a setup that I feel gives the most accurate depiction of the models (though some of the shine of the metallics is lost) from here its just a matter of fine tuning things.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/227/0/8/9_by_typhion-d6i8quo.jpg

Lots more to do.. transfers arrived today also so I'll be having a play about with them later I think..

thanks guys, this is my first time sculpting an animal so the fact that you all like it is awesome! Oh and M2C practise, more practise, harassing of Sam Egan, even more practise and a crap load of patience (hard learned from sticking my thumb in things)

ive done a little more work on the lion, looks much more leonic now

992395_10151675970421406_1526249578_n.jp

*edit*

bit more work again.. really quite pleased with how hes turning out.

534016_10151676091201406_1094249522_n.jpg

Archived