XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

I want a power shovel now.....drool.gif

Anyone seen the Deadliest Warrior episode where they use the e-tool, that censored.gif is lethal. Outstanding work as usual Heathens.

And they also had it as being inferior to the Russian trick knife that could be used as a one shot projectile weapon. Personally, I'd prefer a tool that doesn't leave me disarmed after the first time I use it, but then, I'm not an combat expert like the guys on DW.

Dude, don't remind me. I'm still censored.gif ed off about that. That was the last time I ever watched that show.

Not to mention, they had the Green Berets running around fighting in their censored.gif ing berets. Are you friggin kidding me?!? dry.png

The whole show is full of idiots.

Yeah...fighting in your berets is just plain stupid. And the whole ballistic knife thing ticked me off too.

I wanted to see the Green Beret use the e-tool on the Spetznaz like the Navy SEAL used his knife on that dummy.

Oppurtunity missed.

That show was either biased towards American forces (which is sad to admit since I think 'merica censored.gif yeah!!!) or just OTT.

That SWAT sniper ate the GSG9 for breakfast

Pfft, those shows are just showing the "cool" factor anyway, instead of real facts or situations...

...it's the same with their "historical" weapons, where they use some weapons correct and some weapons just opposite of how they were used... (and then make a comparison between them)

The lovely e-tool is a wonderful thing, as we all know. We don't need a fake TV-show telling us that...and let's not bring this into a "which special forces are best" kinda discussion...it's even more impossible to compete in that than which primarch would beat which... :P

Veteran Saginaw, complete. I'm pretty happy with how the jewel on the sword's pommel came out.

gallery_37532_8712_376707.pnggallery_37532_8712_183725.pnggallery_37532_8712_148294.png

Corporal Biehn, complete. Apparently he has picked up a trait or two from cousins of the Night Lords while fighting alongside them...

gallery_37532_8712_258641.pnggallery_37532_8712_174474.pnggallery_37532_8712_96154.png

Just noticed his left eye lens looks a bit odd. I'll have to go double check that to see if I fugged up painting, or the wet effects hadn't dried yet.

Oh man, they're too awesome. As always with your work, the details are splendiferous (and yes, I just dropped that - they're that good). 

Saginaw's sword in itself is too much for me to handle. :P

And also, why haven't any of you bums commented yet!? 

Skull faced balaklavas/paint jobs are in!!!

Big gundam robots are out!!!

This to you weekly from warhammer high fashion! tongue.png

Damn skippy, lol.

whistlingW.gifI shell all night and I siege all day...whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif I wear high heels and pantyhose...whistlingW.gif ....wait....no...

Pose is awesome, weapon of choice is even awesomer.

But beaky helmets for the Iron Warriors...I know I'm biased, I hate that goddamned helm pattern, but even more so in the case of the Irons.

I agree, it does seem out of place on an Iron Warrior. Mk II-V is best, VII is OK, but I never have cared for the VI helm that much.

Sorry, but in the immortal words of my first Drill Sergeant...." Suck it up, buttercup". :P I'm a huuuuuge fan of Mk VI. Love it, love it, love it.

If it makes you feel better, I have a batch of Mk II en route in the mail. sweat.gif

I spy, with my little eye, something badass.

Thank you!

Holy hell heathens! How heavenly he is! msn-wink.gif

And again, thank you!

Must ask - what is your recipe for the bases? ohmy.png awesomesauce right there... Real bloody sauce smile.png

Pretty simple, really, though time consuming. I mix Dark Flesh (not sure what the new equivalent in the citadel range is) with snow flock until it's like thick mashed potatoes, then lay it on thick. After it dries, a wash of Devlan Mud. After THAT dries, a thick coat of Wet Effects.

Takes forever, but totally worth it.

soon there will be more poetry than bad-ass trench fighters in this thread...

anyway, liking the paint scheme, i thought they would be as clean looking as your claws, but i was mistaken, these are a dirtier and more awesome.

Excellent to have you back Heathens! Gotta love the serrated edge on the e-tool, what bit is that?

I also see you have begun to get your marines all muddy, definitely makes a difference in a good way!

Alright, Kage and Greyall. You unintentionally got your wish. My new batch of bits got here today, and it looked too awesome...

gallery_37532_8712_220535.png

Keeping the beakie, though...

gallery_37532_8712_21061.png

EDIT: Side note. The TO&E is going to slightly change, I'll post up the new one tomorrow...

Oh, I am the very model of a 30K Olympian, digging trenches, saps and graves to bury the enemy in...

Fortresses collapse at the very thought of me, because I am a sieging expert which I know is a tautology...

*facepalm* You're fired. tongue.png

I love that you made a TO&E. I've always tried to do that for the 18th but never could find a template. Looks like you made yours? You're also luring me into 30k with your propaganda and kick tail army. I love the chainfist shield guy.

Built mine of an old Ranger TO&E from 1943, at least originally. Kinda took on a life of it's own after a while though, lol. I really hope you do come to the 30k side of things, man. It has been a fresh start for me, away from all the fluff-kills and horrible aesthetics of 40k. I feel re-inspired, almost reborn into the hobby again. Plus, the B&C hasn't been the same without your work around. I'd kill to get you started on some 30k Alphas, brother.

Return to your roots, man.

soon there will be more poetry than bad-ass trench fighters in this thread...

anyway, liking the paint scheme, i thought they would be as clean looking as your claws, but i was mistaken, these are a dirtier and more awesome.

Next person that puts up poetry in the thread will be pushed out into no-man's land at gunpoint.

Thanks for the comment, bro.

Now when I get my Hands I'll have to match the bloody, gritty trench warfare style of these tongue.png perhaps a small detachment of Perturabo's finest is in order smile.png loyalist ofcs haha

"We like big guns, and prancing fun... Oh the trenches of looove..."

*pushes Russ into No-Man's land at gunpoint* Poetry and loyalist thoughts? I'd start running, if I were you.

tongue.png

the new guys are lookin great bro. the new dark flesh is DOOMBULL BROWN.

I gotta get started. fething real life!

Yes. Yes you do. Ain't seen a Sallie yet... *drums fingers*

Excellent to have you back Heathens! Gotta love the serrated edge on the e-tool, what bit is that?

I also see you have begun to get your marines all muddy, definitely makes a difference in a good way!

From the Cadian Hvy Weapons kit, if I remember correctly. Thanks for the comment!

Archived