XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

And my Officers are made of dead Thunder Warriors, stitched back together.

On a serious note, I decided the HB didn't quite meet my standard, so he's back on the chopping block. I should have an update on him by tomorrow.

Heathens, do you use a bitz website at all? If so, which one do you use?

no, he really doesn't, at least after seeing his bitz-box. he has about 1.5 decades of bitz collected! it's glorious!

For the most part, yes. I prefer to either fall back on what I got, or trade.

When all else fails, I usually use Ebay or the Warstore.

I really dig how rough and gritty your marines are. I would however like to make a suggestion.

Your marines live and die in the trenches, yet only their feet get dirty? I believe some well placed patches of mud are in order. Specifically the hands, elbows and knees. With just some tasteful additions of mud, you visually expand the story that you tell with each model.

I look forward to your progess. Who knows, maybe this will inspire me to jump in the delorean with you and take a ride to 30k. On the opposite side of course. My loyalty will always be to the tenth ;)

A redo of the HB guy. I'm much happier with this version, looks like he's carrying a monstrous MG-42.

gallery_37532_8712_211303.png

That's a lot better, but it makes me think of a Lewis gun with the cooling shroud on the barrel, minus the drum mag on top:

http://i.imgur.com/bQUecOz.jpg

Like the new gun, but his left arm feels awkward, just tried bending my arm like that.... yep awkward. Can you straighten it out at all like the Aliens Smart Gun pic on the last page?

I just tried to see if it was accurate. Heinrich is right. It's awkward around the shoulder so maybe if you could swing it to the character's right a bit?

Awesome work so far! I feel Iron Warriors have a lot of potential to be a great and brutal looking force and I think you are pulling that off nicely with the different count as guns and different combos of bits to make them all look awesome. If I may ask what paint did you use for the skin on your hammer guy?

Yeah gotta agree about the hand. Perhaps you can model the heavy bolter with a grip on the top?

As for my previous comment on dirtying up your models, apparently I have failed to notice your response to similar responses. My bad. 

Love the body of the gun what bit is it from?

The Ork Stubber from the AoBR box, chopped down.

That's a lot better, but it makes me think of a Lewis gun with the cooling shroud on the barrel, minus the drum mag on top:

A side shot (which I'll put up later) will dissuade that. ;)

Like the new gun, but his left arm feels awkward, just tried bending my arm like that.... yep awkward. Can you straighten it out at all like the Aliens Smart Gun pic on the last page?

'Tis true, but the Mk. III torso is not built to be flexible, sadly. I can't bring myself to place the grip any further forward, because I want the barrel to be interchangeable in case of a burnout. Melting barrels are never fun, especially when the rounds you're firing are mass reactive.

Awesome work so far! I feel Iron Warriors have a lot of potential to be a great and brutal looking force and I think you are pulling that off nicely with the different count as guns and different combos of bits to make them all look awesome. If I may ask what paint did you use for the skin on your hammer guy?

Just had a procedure done on my back today, so I'm laid up in the Recliner of Doom. When I can get down the stairs to the War Room without falling, I'll post the recipe.

Yeah gotta agree about the hand. Perhaps you can model the heavy bolter with a grip on the top?

As for my previous comment on dirtying up your models, apparently I have failed to notice your response to similar responses. My bad. 

I am violently against top-mounted grips. As Frank Castle once said...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/EspanolBot/Comic%20scans/punish0r.jpg

'Tis true, but the Mk. III torso is not built to be flexible, sadly. I can't bring myself to place the grip any further forward, because I want the barrel to be interchangeable in case of a burnout. Melting barrels are never fun, especially when the rounds you're firing are mass reactive. 

ALLOFMYNOPE lol. You could always make the grip part of each barrel (240 for example again, but in reverse for the carry handle rotation) that would even expedite his barrel changes. Bolt to the rear, Flip his grip, rotate 90°, push up and pull out hot barrel, grab new barrel, put in and pull down, rotate handle down 90°, ready to rock.

Targeters are tools, and tools break. Shock and concussion of non-stop and continuous artillery bombardments can raise all sorts of hell with electronics, and broken lenses don't heal like the Iron Within.

Nothing beats Mk. I 'Eyeball' targeters.

Archived