Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

Looks waaaaay better than any face I could do. I can only paint brown and black skin tones. Why do you think all my Nostromans are helmeted? happy.png

It's ok Flint, practice makes perfect!

Anyways, since it's a glorious beautiful day here in San Marcos, I'm doing what any self respecting hobbyist would do: stay inside and paint like some sort of ghoul. Here's what's on the menu...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/12158170285_ffced509d1_c.jpg

Yer cheating - most of those marines have more than one colour of paint on already, they're done surely! :P

On a more poignant note, I seem to have failed to view this thread much at all as I've only just discovered your converted MkIII destroyer marines - I like, concept and execution :)

You mentioned that your Breachers weren't worth the points in the game against the Death Guard, may I ask if you could kindly elaborate upon their failure performance please?

Keep up the great work!

It's partially my fault. I gave them grav guns, which are heavy weapons so I can't shoot them if I move, and these guy want to close with the enemy, but are really just tacticals with a 6++. For nearly 400 pts I get 20 guys that are kinda mediocre. For 400 pts I could add predators or a typhon...

Looking good Vaz!

That's a lot of marines on the ground! Sorry to hear the breachers don't work out so hot. I feel they're just way too expensive, like the assault marines and veterans, for what they do. Or poor poor Justarien terminators.

Atleast you have a bunch of badass models!

Damn Vaz I actually just went through your entire thread again and you've improved bloody dramatically!

I got to pull my finger out and keep up

Haha, with class starting it may scale down again.

Looking good Vaz!

That's a lot of marines on the ground! Sorry to hear the breachers don't work out so hot. I feel they're just way too expensive, like the assault marines and veterans, for what they do. Or poor poor Justarien terminators.

Atleast you have a bunch of badass models!

Yeah, I really like assault squads, and if you deepstrike breachers they're pretty decent. 

It's partially my fault. I gave them grav guns, which are heavy weapons so I can't shoot them if I move, and these guy want to close with the enemy, but are really just tacticals with a 6++. For nearly 400 pts I get 20 guys that are kinda mediocre. For 400 pts I could add predators or a typhon...

Or an assault squad trailing chains loaded with skulls that are dragging Guardsmen on the end of them.....

*ahem*

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Or an assault squad trailing chains loaded with skulls that are dragging Guardsmen on the end of them.....

*ahem*

Sigh, Kol, I will not be doing traitors anytime soon. I will not be found wanting by my Emperor. wink.png

Kol, your Nightlords is showing...

Can't wait to see all those guys painted.

Yeah man, the support squad is finished and I'll have pics up tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Also, I'm going to leave this here, as the 129th will slowly be receiving aid in their crusade...War calls brothers. Will you answer?

http://xxxvcohort.blogspot.com/

*ahem*

Sigh, Kol, I will not be doing traitors anytime soon. I will not be found wanting by my Emperor. wink.png

Actually I was thinking some rebel Raven Guard livin on the edge would be perfect to go with your Destroyers.

That were crucifying Word Bearers.

And scaring Daemons.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

"You will give the people something to strive for, an ideal to follow. You will give them Hope. They will stumble, and they may fall, but in time they will join you among the stars."

-Sergeant Vasily Emmeroch to new VII legion recruits

Imperialfist by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Shield Lieutenant Anton Khruscho.

And so it begins. The Saga of the Wolfpack, and the Fall of Ubuntu....

Oh, I see how it is now.

* runs away, crying into the rainsoaked night*

msn-wink.gif

Hahahah. Sorry Kol old buddy. Too many VIII legion plogs. No one does the XXth plus Serpent Beneath got my mind rolling about how to tie this into my Siege of Terra log

Nice legionarie, I like the touch with the backpack, what kit is that from?

It's from the IG heavy weapons team. The idea is that the cell is operating from behind Enemy lines and it's unclear whose side they're on. msn-wink.gif So one of them has a med kit(Viper-2) another has a vox and another is toting a devastator backpack for ammo resupplies. One also has entirely redundant NVGs as well.

You can never have too many NVGs, redundant to your helmet or natural organs. Not like you alphas have Night vision or anything wink.png

I really have to stop paying attention to Excessus and Nosrenda... everytime they show up I get a stronger urge to do a little allied Alpha contingent.

Archived