Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

Definitely keep the long handle.

It gives it a very sweet Guandao look which is hella Vth legion.

I eagerly await a top knot for this guy, bc topknots are a manly beard for your scalp (your eyebrows are the mustache).

Thanks Flint! I'm a bit bummed as I can't get any mail until the 17th, so I'm at something of an impasse on the top knot front.

Definitely keep the long handle.

It gives it a very sweet Guandao look which is hella Vth legion.

I eagerly await a top knot for this guy, bc topknots are a manly beard for your scalp (your eyebrows are the mustache).

Yes yes and yes, I agree with all of this, plus Guan Dao's are the coolest weapon to ever be wielded by a man-turned-god* (and also my one of my favourite historical figures).

Also, that is the greatest description of a topknot I've ever heard.

*Sorry Sigmar, you and Ghal Maraz are awesome but fictional. Guan Yu was real and so goddamn lethal that people called him the God of War while he was alive and then actually started worshipping him after he died. Yo Kratos, stand aside you pale whiny censored.gif.

Dude, Guan yu was the :cuss. If my characters come off half as cool as him, I'll have succeeded.

I like the model, he looks very Vth legion. The topknot will help to. I like BCKs suggestion, will fit the theme better then the axe. I'm looking forward to seeing you take the Vth for.

Thank man! I'm hoping I can do them up well. I'll need everyones help on the background.

Although you will need to reverse the chainsword teeth.

I think BCK did that with his chain glaives, so he would be able to tell you wow it was done

I did not think of this. Truth be told, I may just be lazy. We'll see.

20141597109_4c34fd304f_c.jpg20150805_175059 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Anyways, here he is with his new blade(with a cameo of my knuckle)

Though to be fair, that's not all I worked on today. I have 5 custodians, though they'll need some work to be honest.

20340052361_01d4d33995_c.jpg20150805_231050 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Finally, I have another character,Türüüch Jochi, leader of Arban Tempest

20145994258_86ebc6ac16_c.jpg20150805_231119 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Nice! I think it looks good. thumbsup.gif

If you're masochistic enough to want to flip the teeth, you just put the edge of your blade perpendicular along the back edge of the teeth - along the border of the housing - then push the tip of the blade through first and then slowly apply pressure until the rest of the blade slices through. It's easy to cut the teeth off-center and then you have to trim it down so they lay flat when you flip them. I've done it enough times (ugh) that I can rarely cut them off-center, but I think it looks fine as it is.

Mmhmm, that Praetor onlys gets better and better. Nice Custodes conversions too, simple yet effective, I especially like the use of the Phobos pattern Bolter on the Champion's Guardian Spear, gives it a lovely vintage look. Türüüch Jochi looks cool but who is he? Is he a White Scar? A Dark Angel? And who or what is Arban Tempest? huh.png

Nice! I think it looks good. thumbsup.gif

If you're masochistic enough to want to flip the teeth, you just put the edge of your blade perpendicular along the back edge of the teeth - along the border of the housing - then push the tip of the blade through first and then slowly apply pressure until the rest of the blade slices through. It's easy to cut the teeth off-center and then you have to trim it down so they lay flat when you flip them. I've done it enough times (ugh) that I can rarely cut them off-center, but I think it looks fine as it is.

I'm honestly just going to leave it. I don't have the drive or desire to dick with it to be honest. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Thanks again BCK!

Those Custodes are look very nice thumbsup.gif

Thanls Kizz! They're not nearly as nice as yours, but I'm trying.

Mmhmm, that Praetor onlys gets better and better. Nice Custodes conversions too, simple yet effective, I especially like the use of the Phobos pattern Bolter on the Champion's Guardian Spear, gives it a lovely vintage look. Türüüch Jochi looks cool but who is he? Is he a White Scar? A Dark Angel? And who or what is Arban Tempest? huh.png

So, Jochi is the a squad sergeant in the Brotherhood of the Black Sun. An Arban is the mongolian word for a group of ten soldiers, with Tempest being the squad designation. Turuuch is mongolian for sergeant! I'm currently building up lore for the Black Suns role before and on Terra during the siege. I'm trying to delve into Mongolian literature and Mythology to get a better feel for the White Scars.

why do the custodians have shields?

So, in all honesty, it's simply because the models come with shields. Head canon wise, they're part of the Elite Victrix Raptoris Unit of Breacher Custodians, fighting with a shield and spear as they guard an important VIP.

In other news, I have another White Scar built. Waiting on a few Ebay bids before I can order my paints.

20391569665_30ca1c03da_c.jpg20150808_012315 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20203571458_3e7430a53e_c.jpg20150808_012323 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

19768907924_f02f41f953_c.jpg20150808_012331 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Clan Brother Neretsu, Veteran designation

I Also Need Top Knots! If you have some, please, PM me!

If you're masochistic enough to want to flip the teeth...

I'm honestly just going to leave it. I don't have the drive or desire to dick with it to be honest. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Thanks again BCK!

I understand. Unfortunately, the conversion monkey on my back wouldn't let me leave mine alone.

There's some on the previous page ! On your SoH ! laugh.png

Marauder drummer arms and those CSM heads are good for basic troops, and Ork ones serve higher ranks nicely. Saving the ones from WFB Skarr Bloodwrath for my Khans, and I've forgotten the other source. wacko.png

Liking your latest fella, with the additional kit, and it's as if people are reading my mind and my bits box yet again.......

It's so good to see fellow V Legion plogs coming to life :)

They are coming along nicely. I like a lot the chainguandao !

Oldschoolsoviet is right btw, you can take topknots from SoH, I did that myself and it works quite well.

Can't wait to see some paint.

If you're masochistic enough to want to flip the teeth...

I understand. Unfortunately, the conversion monkey on my back wouldn't let me leave mine alone.

I understand. I'm hoping at some point I can reach your level. Also, if you don't mind me asking BCk, where in Texas are you? I'm south of Austin.

There's some on the previous page ! On your SoH ! laugh.png

Marauder drummer arms and those CSM heads are good for basic troops, and Ork ones serve higher ranks nicely. Saving the ones from WFB Skarr Bloodwrath for my Khans, and I've forgotten the other source. wacko.png

Liking your latest fella, with the additional kit, and it's as if people are reading my mind and my bits box yet again.......

Thanks man! I'm currently bidding for Chaos Marauder Horsemen, and have 40 topknot heads on the way.

Have you read Conn Igguldenns conqueror series.... Every time I go to it, I get great motivation to do a Scars army

I have not! Though reading the preview for the first one has me intrigued.

It's so good to see fellow V Legion plogs coming to life smile.png

They are coming along nicely. I like a lot the chainguandao !

Oldschoolsoviet is right btw, you can take topknots from SoH, I did that myself and it works quite well.

Can't wait to see some paint.

Thanks dude! Your stormseer is insane!

Have you read Conn Igguldenns conqueror series.... Every time I go to it, I get great motivation to do a Scars army

I can conquer with that.

The new guys and the custodes look great.

Thanks Hydra! Much obliged!

Currently working on the Background for these guys. The army itself will be set on Terra during the Fall. I know I want them in a slightly more isolated area, though, I may toss in references to In Memoriam. I have them marked down as the 33rd Brotherhood, though I'm not sure which I want it to be. I have three right now.

• Brotherhood of the Black Sun
  • Brotherhood of the Cold Wind
  • Brotherhood the Falcon

I'm open to suggestions in that regard. I plan to have most of the Brotherhood die in the siege, but I'm not sure which opponent to have them up against as well. I'm figuring mostly third legion, but I also want IVth legion and probably XIIth as well. If someone has backgrounds and some characters for those legions, I'm all ears. Y'all know I look including the community in my projects so I want everyone opinions. Final Question, what was everyones views on my little mini top knot from last night? Thanks for reading guys!

The first book is pretty cool, it starts with te Khan as a child, how he was exiled and the ebentully how he united the various tribes, the rest go into his conquests up to his death.... Really good books. He also did a series of books based around Caesar too I believe..

Good reads all of them.

Are you going to use the topknots, exclusively as topknots or do you plan to use some on chains and stuff to make some horsehair decorations?

Currently working on the Background for these guys. The army itself will be set on Terra during the Fall. I know I want them in a slightly more isolated area, though, I may toss in references to In Memoriam. I have them marked down as the 33rd Brotherhood, though I'm not sure which I want it to be. I have three right now. 

• Brotherhood the Falcon

I'm open to suggestions in that regard. I plan to have most of the Brotherhood die in the siege, but I'm not sure which opponent to have them up against as well. I'm figuring mostly third legion, but I also want IVth legion and probably XIIth as well. If someone has backgrounds and some characters for those legions, I'm all ears. Y'all know I look including the community in my projects so I want everyone opinions. Final Question, what was everyones views on my little mini top knot from last night? Thanks for reading guys!

I prefer the Brotherhood of the Black Sun personnaly.

We've got roughly the same approach for the background, so it's difficult to advise :) My 24th Brotherhood is having tremendous casualties during the Siege (that's why I mixed different Mk for armors).

Because I like to make references to other projects on this awesome board, my brotherhood's ennemies are mainly taken from those. So they're mainly facing IVth Legion (something linked with Dragons^^), XIIth and VIIIth (references incoming on a near future project).

So something tells me our brotherhoods might have been close to each other during the Siege :). BTW I would also like to have IIIrd Legion elements to fight, but I don't remember if Kizzdougs army is loyalists or traitors...

Hope this helps.

Old fluff had them zooming about harrying the flanks of the forces breaching the walls, raids and suchlike, before they made the move for the Lion's Gate port. There they fought a defensive (gasp!) action against Death Guard, who'd been purposefully sent to recapture it. So DG are an option too, and probably the likeliest towards the closing stages.

As for the Black Sun idea, that'd make a nice eclipse-style icon certainly. And Marauder horsemen ! That's what I couldn't remember....

The first book is pretty cool, it starts with te Khan as a child, how he was exiled and the ebentully how he united the various tribes, the rest go into his conquests up to his death.... Really good books. He also did a series of books based around Caesar too I believe..

Good reads all of them.

Are you going to use the topknots, exclusively as topknots or do you plan to use some on chains and stuff to make some horsehair decorations?

I plan to have some on chains, but I may try(Pathetically) to sculpt some as well.

Orks are another place to get topknots. If you know someone who plays them or even asking around at your LGS, you can probably get some for cheap.

A buddy just sold me about 50 CSM heads with topknots for $15 bucks. I'm set for like ever.

• Brotherhood the Falcon

I prefer the Brotherhood of the Black Sun personnaly.

We've got roughly the same approach for the background, so it's difficult to advise smile.png My 24th Brotherhood is having tremendous casualties during the Siege (that's why I mixed different Mk for armors).

Because I like to make references to other projects on this awesome board, my brotherhood's ennemies are mainly taken from those. So they're mainly facing IVth Legion (something linked with Dragons^^), XIIth and VIIIth (references incoming on a near future project).

So something tells me our brotherhoods might have been close to each other during the Siege smile.png. BTW I would also like to have IIIrd Legion elements to fight, but I don't remember if Kizzdougs army is loyalists or traitors...

Hope this helps.

Hahah. How interesting. Perhaps I can make a reference to the 24th in passing. Or more actively if you didn't mind. I've gone with the black sun as well.

Old fluff had them zooming about harrying the flanks of the forces breaching the walls, raids and suchlike, before they made the move for the Lion's Gate port. There they fought a defensive (gasp!) action against Death Guard, who'd been purposefully sent to recapture it. So DG are an option too, and probably the likeliest towards the closing stages.

As for the Black Sun idea, that'd make a nice eclipse-style icon certainly. And Marauder horsemen ! That's what I couldn't remember....

Yeah, I looked up some pictures of eclipses and I think it might be cool to have as the Brotherhood

Black Sun, does that go back to Vazzy's liking of Ultramarines, and maybe a certain Graham McNeill Ultramarines novel msn-wink.gif

Black Sun it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00BU6g8W44

Legiones Astartes Training Citadel, Asiatic Peninsula, Aspirant Trials, 115 years BBoT

Adrenaline floods his limbs as he swings up at the boy towering over him, catching the older boy in his jaw and knocking him away. He rolls to his feet, the hard packed Earth cool beneath his feet. His heart hammers in his chest, and dimly, he hears the cries of his fellow aspirants, braying for blood. Farther up, six giants stand, wearing a variety of armor, tanned faces somber, and emotionless. He so desperately wants to win a place amongst that brotherhood, and he knows winning this battle simply won’t be enough. 

He crouches warily as his opponent clambers back to his feet, a thin line of blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. He jabs at the smaller boy, once, twice, three times, the meaty slap of flesh on flesh eliciting a fresh round of cheers from the audience.  He staggers, but knocks away the next two blows, a smile gracing his features.  He surges forward, firing to strikes into his opponent’s solar plexus, only to feel his ribs crack as a knee is rammed into them. He doubles over, only to have a fist connect with his nose, sending stars across his vision. His head hits first, and the ringing is like the gong the village elder used to use at the temple.  

The Ultramarine shakes his head with a sad smile arms crossed. His shoulder plate reads Fidelitas, and a red diamond with two hammers is painted onto his cobalt plate. He looks to the thin wiry combat instructor, who is watch the bout intensely.  

“Instructor. End this farce of a bout. The little one is surely going to die in the ring. “

Growls of affirmation rang out from the Imperial Fist and War Hound, and the instructor began to step forward, only to be met with an ivory gauntlet across his chest. The man followed the arm up to a brown face, creased with laugh lines and a jagged white scar across his left cheek. He murmured at the instructor in somewhat broken gothic, a thick accent making it difficult to understand what he was saying.

“Let them finish fight. I suspect we will be surprised.”

The instructor nodded slowly and stepped back, much to the chagrin of the Ultramarine next him, who snorted softly.  “The only thing that surprises me is that he isn’t unconscious.” He gestures to the ring, his hard face smirking slightly,” Look at him, he can barely stand! If you truly want him Chogorian, I swear, the 129th shall not place a bid on him. We have no place for runts. “

The boy crawled to his feet wearily, head still ringing. He dodged a clumsy swing and fired a swift jab into his opponents side, eliciting a huff of pain from the bigger boy.  He winced in sympathy, every hit sending lances of fire through his side, and his vision was beginning to darken at the edges. He rolled with another punch and slammed a knee into the side of the taller boys leg, stunning the nerve and bringing him to one knee.  He rose quickly, but left himself open to another attack, taking a headbutt to his chin, blood spraying from frayed lips. The younger swept both legs and leapt onto the older boy savagely, fists hammering into the boys pale face. Every hit felt bones break, some his own, others his enemy. He eventually slumps in exhaustion, though not before managing a salute to the warriors in the stand. His world spins and the dark swallows him up.

Luciel laughed a boisterous laugh, shaking his head. “Well, well, well. It appears Megujin was correct. I stand by my word. The XIIIth will not bid on the boy." The Salamander and the Blood Angels nodded in agreement, though the Templar and War Hound looked unconvinced, watching intently as both boys were stretchered away.

Two Days later

He awoke in a hospital, the bitter scent of antiseptics and the copper reek of blood filling his nostrils. Around him, apothecaries in white moved silently, faces covered in mask and tubes. Across from him, clad in simple white robes with a lightning bolt stitched across the left breast, sat a giant. The boy smiles, recognizing the warrior.

“You were at the bout.”

The giant looks at him, and speaks slowly, focusing on pronounciation

“Yes.”

“I failed didn’t I? I’m being drummed out of the program aren’t I?”

“No.”

“But I failed. I did not walk out of the pit. Two men enter, one man leaves. That is-“

“I said you did not fail. Now, what is your name?”

“Cadet 23-“

“I asked your name. Not a number. A number is not a name.”

“Apologies. I am Xiro, of Clan Terrahawk.”

“A good clan. My mentor was of Terrahawk. “

“Thank you Lord.”

“Yes.”

The warrior peers at him quizzically, his eyes smiling at Xiro’s confusion.

“You truly have no concept of why am here do you?”

“I am afraid not sir.”

The warrior laughs, white teeth flashing. The sound breaks the silence of the medical ward, and Xiro feels as if a weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He finds himself smiling, and the warrior slaps softly on the arm.

“Xiro my boy, I come to recruit you to my Brotherhood. Brotherhood of the Black Sun.”

Xiro stared in shock mouth agap.

“Truly?”

“I gain nothing from lying.”

“I…I don’t know what to say Lord!”

“Say nothing. I am not supposed to be here. But know this. The Vth legion has accepted you into her ranks.

Terra:  115 years later

48 days into the Siege

Estimated Casualties of 33rd Brotherhood: 45%

Xiro, who is now Soyetiku looked at his squad around him. His ivory plate was burned and stained, but the proud symbol of the Khan graced his shoulder still, and he drew inspiration from that. He faced Death, and simply began to fire. 

20456578781_8d203d5c82_c.jpg20150810_015544 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

[Arban Typhoon-Pictured I-Day +1]

Sergeant Soyetiku-K.I.A I-Day + 67

20262239860_ac7e238ec6_c.jpg20150810_015556 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20450346695_af6a6a8b3b_c.jpg20150810_015602 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Clan Brother Abaka-K.I.A I-Day +48

20262242510_e370662602_c.jpg20150810_015617 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20441664602_b3afb239a3_c.jpg20150810_015639 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Clan Brother Iluryu-K.I.A I-Day + 67

19827690174_a5e18dc937_c.jpg20150810_015648 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20263689789_328d5ea07d_c.jpg20150810_015658 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Clan Brother Nakhu- K.I.A Post siege Scouring

20456584971_75e23e6016_c.jpg20150810_015717 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

19829446813_2372318d78_c.jpg20150810_015730 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Clan Brother Neretsu-K.I.A I-Day +67

19768898934_ce32e55818_c.jpg20150808_012315 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20203571458_3e7430a53e_c.jpg20150808_012323 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

So, here's the breakdown of what I have going into the Brotherhood at Terra. It's 3k list meant to be played in conjunction with Hisdudeness's Blood Angels, and another friend of mines Imperial fists. It's very "highspeed, low drag" force in my mind, but who knows.

+++ White Scars  (3000pts) +++
++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++
+ HQ +
Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Psychic Mastery Level 2, Refractor Field, Volkite Charger]
····Consul [Librarian]
Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Refractor Field, Volkite Charger]
····Consul [Praevian]
····Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [Enhanced Targeting Array, 3x Irad-cleanser, Vorax, Vorax, Vorax]
Legion Praetor [Archaeotech Pistol, Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade]
+ Troops +
Legion Reconnaissance Squad [Cameleoline, 4x Legion Space Marines, 4x Sniper Rifle]
····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Sniper Rifle]
Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]
Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]
Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]
+ Elites +
Legion Terminator Squad [2x Chainfist, 7x Legion Terminators, Power Fist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness]
+ Fast Attack +
Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron [Melta Bombs, Multi-Melta, 3x Space Marine Sky Hunters]
····Sky Hunter Sergeant [Power Fist]
Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship [Twin-linked Multi-melta, Two Twin-linked Lascannons]
+ Heavy Support +
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Lascannons]
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Heavy Bolters]
Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [Auxiliary Drive, Lascannons]
+ Legion +
Legion Astartes [V: White Scars]
Created with BattleScribe

If thats hard to look at let me know please and I'll simplify it!

I think he looks good, but the helm looks kinda plain in comparison to the rest of the model. Maybe a little greenstuff decoration or something?

It's funny you say that, as my GF said the same thing. Personally I like the simplicity, though when it comes time to paint I'll probably do a bit of red somewhere on it!

Megujin is made of all kinds of awesome. Incredibly nice conversion, I don't think the helmet's in need of anything more either.

Cheers,
BTB

Thanks man!

Interesting Piece brother, I feel the mkii Upgrade helms for the WS would look awesome in comparison to tge mkiv

Personally? I'm not real fond of those Helmets, just not doing a whole lot for me. Thanks though! if I had one in hand I might test it, but alas I do not. 

Archived