Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm starting Solar Auxilia led by Lord Rogue Trader Glaber, ([post=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278452-pre-heresy-ultramarines-129th-company/?p=3523355]From here.[/post]) and planned to use this model. 

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99800202004_WitchHunterNEW01.jpg

Now, my dilemma is I want to use this model as his wife/second command. But I feel the aesthetics won't work. 

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/Hilda-1_grande.jpg?v=1417722754

Basically what I'm curious to know is could these guys be in the same command squad or should I look more to raging heroes fantasy line? I'm worried the aesthetics won't match properly. 

Hmmm, they are both very good models. The main thing that I see between them is the cloak design. The Raging Heroes one has a very Naval Space vibe, whereas the Witch Hunter's cloak looks very antiquated. It could work if the same trim was added to the cloak.

Ultimately though they are both great models, its just that the Fantasy one needs a bit of work to match the aesthetic of the Raging Heroes one. Cool idea btw.

• 4 weeks later...

"Extinction is the rule, Survival is the Exception."

His jump pack screams as he slams into the the knot of cultists, knocking away two and crushing one. He stands, boot snapping out and catching another, knocking his head clean off.  He grunts as stubber rounds plink off his pauldrons, chipping the paint, and being a general annoyance. He turns to the cultist who is firing and clubs him with the bolt pistol, cracking the skull. Behind him he hears the roar of an Astartes and turns, seeing two of the XVII, horns and runes upon their armor. He leaps towards them, packs exhaust steaming, and grimaces as he slams into one. 

He never thought he'd find himself fighting another astartes. Not in any real way. Duels perhaps, but not like this. He slams the energized fist into ones face, pulverising it and splattering his golden agemo with crimson. His bolt pistol sings rapidly, the mass reactives catching three cultists in their wake, exploding like overripe fruit. He spins away, dodging a whirring chainblade and slams the fist into the Word Bearers torse, tearing out his entrails. Amaeus turns, surveying the Earthworks around him. The Delras militia lay around him, bloodied and bruised but unbroken. The attack has slowed to a trickle, and he pulls off his helm, sinking into a crouch. He spits, the liquid sizzling as it strikes the dead XVII warrior. A mortal stands next to him, half of his face covered in gauze and blood. He turns to the Ultramarine in reverence. 

"Lord...we can still win this, right? We can still save Calth?"

Amaeus surveys the torn earth, bathed in the crimson of martyrs and heretics. He cannot see the sun, behnd a pall of smoke and ash. He doubts victory. He is not sure there is anything left to save. Fidelitas has heard no response from legion command, nor Lord Glaber. He suspects they are dead, much like many of his brothers. He stands, and turns away, pulling his helmet on. The mortal calls after him, repeating his question. Amaeus does not answer, for he refuse to lie. He knows the truth. Calth is lost. And with it the XIIIth legion. The battle kings of Ultramar will go extinct today. But the XVII will accompany them to Hel. 

16515149605_79b64c1864_z.jpgSergeant Ameaus by vazzy2012, on Flickr

[sergeant Amaeus is the leader of the 15th Assault squad in the 129th company. Interspersed amongst the 82nd Delras irregulars as reinforcement and support, the 15th would four times drive back XVII assaults before being nearly overrun by foul creatures of the warp. Amaeus was lost in this counterattack, last seen being dragged down by 5 of the Ebon armored warp beasts. Delegatus Emilius would discover his helm in the possession of the Herald Gri'ard'o in the 219th day of the Underworld engagement.] 

16513426881_dc4042b611_z.jpgUntitled by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Sketch of the  129th company captain Luciel Fidelitas, penned by remembrancer Gry Ale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm back. Again. Like clockwork, the second semester rolls around, and my posting drops off. Hopefully I'll one day remedy this, but no promises. 

As the title says, this is now my thread for all the heresy goodness I work on, from my Auxilia, to the various heresy comissions I have (SoH, Salamanders, and 1k sons), as well as my Ultramarines(Guilliman soon). So, as a bit of a remedy to my drought of posting, here's a preview of the SoH. 

19045768811_dfcde9cbbc_z.jpg2015-06-17 23.25.31 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

18854938758_5fa32e7de8_z.jpg20150621_232119 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Anyways, opinions are welcome. Hopefully I can take better pictures of the models, they look much cleaner in person. 

• 4 weeks later...

WIP on Guilliman. Model is fun as hell to paint. 

19729631162_1c2ee24b55_c.jpg2015-07-15 23.48.21 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

19115920443_7d70447243_c.jpg2015-07-15 23.51.37 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

I've yet to get a good picture of his head. In real life he has a very Toni Kroos look to him, which I really like. I've also gotten more on the reavers done, though the color is almost too bright, especially the red. I blame a slight oversaturation of the photos when I edited them. 

19627481491_6a50234e40_c.jpg20150712_004724 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

19142369994_fc6d2de58f_c.jpg2015-07-17 00.33.05

19769667471_42e1c9a088_c.jpg2015-07-17 00.33.30

A bit more work on Bobby G. I love painting this guy. It's great!

Haha, Primarch Toni Kroos! tongue.png

Roboute is looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing him fully painted thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kizz! Loving the EC, though I wanted to ask about your custodian. I'll have to stop by in your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I'm trying a new legion, and hopefully this time it sticks. The White Scars have always appealed to me, but I was scared of the stark white paint scheme. Fortunately, I've not only started using an airbrush, but I also plan to try out a bunch of weathering techniques. I'll be using Vallejos white grey as a base, followed by line highlighting with pure white. I've done up a few test models, and I'll throw in some fluff later tonight. For now here's my Khan, Megujin(minus top knot). What's yalls opinion on his axe? Should I swap it for something more mongolian ish, or is it ok? Thanks for looking!

20109859138_958794c6c0_c.jpg20150802_215226 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

19675237704_6ee8aff619_c.jpg20150802_215240 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

20297882665_5d3f61c48f_c.jpg20150802_215233 by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Looks good to me... Unless you have a nice katana or tulwar, the axe is cool.

Is he from Chogoris or is he a Terran? Axe could be a gift from a legionnary from another legion... 

I'm a big fan of axes, but what if you trimmed the axe down a bit and had a curved chainsword instead? Forgive the quick and dirty 'Shop job, but I think it gets the idea across.

http://i.imgur.com/xzGzUVB.png

Holy crap cage, that looks awesome. I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks Dantay! Cages idea kinda looks like chain tulwar.

Happy to help. :)  I think I trimmed it down a bit too far in my 'Shopped pic, but I actually got the idea to do that when I was converting the chain axes into chain glaives for my VIII termies. Just cut the connecting part (the cheek) away and make a straight back. Voila!

Happy to help. smile.png I think I trimmed it down a bit too far in my 'Shopped pic, but I actually got the idea to do that when I was converting the chain axes into chain glaives for my VIII termies. Just cut the connecting part (the cheek) away and make a straight back. Voila!

So it's attached to the corvus hammer handle, think I should transplant it onto a chainsword handle, or simple have a very long grip?

Edit: Looking at your shop more closely, I think where you did the chopping looks right. The blade is unique enough that it can absolutely be a paragon blade.

Definitely keep the long handle.

It gives it a very sweet Guandao look which is hella Vth legion.

I eagerly await a top knot for this guy, bc topknots are a manly beard for your scalp (your eyebrows are the mustache).

Definitely keep the long handle.

It gives it a very sweet Guandao look which is hella Vth legion.

I eagerly await a top knot for this guy, bc topknots are a manly beard for your scalp (your eyebrows are the mustache).

Yes yes and yes, I agree with all of this, plus Guan Dao's are the coolest weapon to ever be wielded by a man-turned-god* (and also my one of my favourite historical figures).

Also, that is the greatest description of a topknot I've ever heard.

*Sorry Sigmar, you and Ghal Maraz are awesome but fictional. Guan Yu was real and so goddamn lethal that people called him the God of War while he was alive and then actually started worshipping him after he died. Yo Kratos, stand aside you pale whiny :cuss.

Archived