Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

You'd get a like from me simply for naming a character "Sawn Konnere",  never mind the fact that the conversion itself is awesome! The breacher squad is looking good; I love the individual heraldry - reminds me of Apologist's work, which is no bad thing. :) Fantastic work on here, vazzy! Keep it up. :)

Really nice work. And Is that a cataphractii I see back there tongue.png

It is! I've been busy trying to multi task so he and his squad are on the back burner.

You'd get a like from me simply for naming a character "Sawn Konnere", never mind the fact that the conversion itself is awesome! The breacher squad is looking good; I love the individual heraldry - reminds me of Apologist's work, which is no bad thing. smile.png Fantastic work on here, vazzy! Keep it up. smile.png

Yeah, Apologist's work is an inspiration, so I've taken a few pages out of his book.

• 4 weeks later...

"When Gods fight Gods, us mortals merely try to stay out of the way"

-Klaus Glaber, Lord Explorator M.30
+++Delras+++

L
egionaries Mickael and Gabriel trailed behind the wandering children who browsed the Museum floor, Bolters casually swung across the backs of their Cobalt MK II armor. Both men held their helmets in the crook of their arms, in an attempt to humanize the aura of intimidation an Astartes gave off. Assigned as a retinue to the Rogue Trader Klaus Glaber, Mickael and Gabriel, along with the rest of 15th squad were to be reunited with their mother Company at the Arcolgies right outside the thriving city, and while he was eager to rejoin his Battle-Brothers, Gabriel knew he’d miss the inquisitive children he’d interacted with for the past five years. He voiced this to Mickael, the older mans face mildly amused at something.

“What is it, brother?” He questioned, turning to look at his partner.
Mickael shook his head, and nodded at the small boy, standing at, what could be described as “At attention” beside Gabriel.  He looked down, and let out a hearty laugh, amused at the child’s attempt to mimic his protectors. Gabriel leaned over to Mickael, and said loudly, ”Brother Mickael, I had not realized that Sergeant Agrippa had sent another Battle Brother to join us at our watch post.”

The other man nodded, “Yes Brother, I hadn’t either, though I am most glad of Brother Christians assistance in the matter.” Christian giggled, nearly losing his composure, but quickly stifled the offending sound. “He is quite the Astartes I am told, on the fast track to Captain.”
Gabriel turned to look at Christian, “Is this true? Are you as great as they say?” 
Christian nodded seriously, before bursting into laughter and running to the young woman who had just arrived. 

Lady Cassandra Glaber was Klaus’ oldest daughter at 19, but seemed much wiser. Gabriel had often heard her described as “striking” with her deep auburn hair and icy blue eyes.  Truth be told, Gabriel was a poor judge of such traits, so he was unsure of exactly what he should say.  She smiled and waved, calling out to the men.
“Apologies Lords! I hope he wasn’t bothering you?”
Before either man could respond, the ground shook violently, throwing Cassandra and Christian off their feet and staggering the two Marines. Gabriel rushed to the children’s side, making sure neither had serious injuries while Mickael had pulled on his helm and was speaking to Sergeant Agrippa. 

“Sergeant, I was unaware Calth experienced seismic issues. What is going on? “
Agrippa’s gruff voice, sounded stressed as he responded to the query, “It’s doesn’t. Multiple vessels have just exploded in high orbit, we’re unsure of what going on. Some sort of technoscrap has damaged long range vox, though apparently squad communications are still active.”

Mickael paused, “Theoretical: The Orks have struck first.”
“Possible, but unlikely. Practical: We’re moving the Lord and Lady to the shelter, meet us in-“ Agrippa paused.
“Sergeant, repeat-“ He was cut off by the staccato chatter of a bolter, followed by several more following it, with Agrippa suddenly back in his ear.

“Brother! Hold Fire! Hold Fire! Man Down! Word Bearers seize firing! We are allies, dammit! You stupid-“ The signal cut off and suddenly Agrippas’s vitals flatlining with a droning beep. 
“Sergeant! Sergeant! Agrippa?” Gabriel turned, he’d heard it too and was stunned. 
By this point, a full-fledged firefight had kicked off, with the boom of heavy weapons joining the fray.  Another voice cut over the vox, interlaced with bolter fire and static, but it was quite recognizable.
“Acting Sergeant Cicero, 15th squad has initiated combat with Astartes of the XVII legion. Be alert, Sergeant Agrippa is lost, as are brother Cornus, and Derous. Lady Glaber is also down.  Mick, get Cassandra and Christian to the hanger, the squad and I shall try and keep them off you. Get to Delras if you can, Warn the Captain what’s coming. Understood?” 
“Understood, see you at the hanger Brother Sergeant. Mickael out.”
He turned to Gabriel, who nodded, and scooped up Christian and Cassandra. The boy was wailing, terrified at the loud noises, as well as the sudden seriousness of his friends. Cassandra looked pale to her face, but other than that appeared to be fine. 
The two Ultramarines knew if the Word Bearers had turned, it was unlikely they would be rejoining their brothers in the 129th, but knew they were still duty bound to the Rogue trader and his family, so they would try. 

Gabriel smiled sadly, and with a cry of “Courage and Honor!” took off in a run towards the hanger and salvation. 

"We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us and we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise."

-Attributed to Legionary Mickael
+++Pict Capture+++
+++Legionaries Mickael and Gabriel*+++
+++Authorization:Confirmed+++
+++Proceed+++

The Start of my Command squad for the 129th. 

The grizzled First Spear(Second Captain): Sawn Connere

The Company Ancient and Archivist: Saul Aristius

Holy crap, how did I miss this? Great work on those!

The fella with the scar is awesome, man. Nice use of the LE boarding marine's bolter on the other guy, by the way.

Thanks Heathens, reminded me of an underbarrel attachment, and I needed something that looked a little brutal. And yeah Mickael is one of my more characterful marines, the sternguard just keeps on giving.

Good story brother and nice looking marines.

Thanks Anaziel!

The Start of my Command squad for the 129th.

The grizzled First Spear(Second Captain): Sawn Connere

The Company Ancient and Archivist: Saul Aristius

Holy crap, how did I miss this? Great work on those!

Thanks man, hopefully paint this weekend

I seem to have missed these. Great job on them, loving the background.

Appreciate it Demon, digging your stuff as well.

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!

I see you've taken inspiration from In Memoriam msn-wink.gif

Damn straight, the style is too cool not to yoink.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/11019445814_97ef41f6c9_c.jpg

+++Pict Capture+++

+++Legiones Astartes XVII+++

+++Recovered after failed Sortie+++

++Mark: +2 days//10 hours//30 minutes//40 seconds//++

The whine of Basilisk Shells punctuated the morning as Squad

Antillar formed up to behind the two Spartan tanks.  The Ultramarines were to lead the spearhead
into the Word Bearer forces that had been routed from the Arcology only a few
days before. The Word Bearers had attempted to catch the CXXIX off guard, but
the timely warning of Legionaries of Mickail and Gabriel had saved the Company
from being decimated in the first wave, and had succeeded in demolishing the
XVII forces arrayed against them, despite the Warp beasts tearing into reality.
Section Leader Gregorias stood to the far right of the forming Phalanx, as
Honor dictated he must. His once white helm, the one marking him as a veteran,
was stained a dirty gray and dimly reflected the blazing light of Veridia.

As the rest of the squad formed up around him, his shield
brother Aetius opened a private comm.

“You ready brother? I know I am.”

Gregorias nodded, chambering a shell into his bolter with a clack.

“Indeed Aetius. I desire nothing more than to see the Word
Bearers fall benath my boots.”

Arrayed in four rows of five, third squad raised shields,
and locked bolters into place, hardened armoring ticking slowly.  Around them the tactical squad who would
follow their breach mounted up into their Spartans, thumping the shoulders and
Chests of the Third in a show of support. A shrill whistle sounded over the air
and the assault began.

As they advanced, the snap of bolter and autogun fire ramped
up, Sergeant Antillar barked out an order.

“Testudo!”

With trained reflexes, the squad shifted, bringing up their
shield to the fore, and above their heads. Automatic fire rained off the
ceramite like hail on a tin shack, rattling the teeth of Gregorias.

“Advance!” Antillar growled, his voice strained as they
pushed through the weight of fire against them.  Aetius let out a grunt as a shell ripped into
his shoulder, and almost fell, only to have his brothers hold him on his feet.
The cobalt warriors surged on, bolters blazing, and like a tidal wave, slammed
into the vanguard of the XVII warriors.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3739/11022813414_a9b2d999ce_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/11022972576_9a3fc2a350_c.jpg

++Pict Capture++

++Legionary Simodius Gregorias++

++Note the Checkered Heraldry-A common occurrence through the XIII++

++M.I.A(Presumed K.I.A.)++

++Helm recovered from XVII Captain by Strike Leader Polynikes Mark +15 days++

Gregorias screamed as he swung his Chainsword into the Word

Bearer before him, cleaving through the chest plate. Third squad was cut off
from the rest of the sortie and had become bogged down and surrounded. Half the
squad was dead, including his beloved brother Aetius, slain by a mob of
cultists. Only he, Antillar and the apothecary Agro fought on, and Antillar was
missing an arm. He rammed the chainsword through the torso of a human warrior; then
fell to his knees, two power swords rammed through his back. He roared in agony
as they were ripped out, and collapsed onto his shield. His Sergeants vitals
flatlined, and he saw the crested helm tumble through his vision, absent a
body. He coughed, the bloody spittle sizzling in his helmet, burning his
vision. His last view was the Apothecary, surrounded on all sides, fighting a
Word Bearer in massive plated armor, and a helm rising to a turreted point.

Breacher Squad Antillar
Part of the failed Raid enacted Mark +2days, Third squad of first Maniple was wiped out completely, depriving the CXXIX of it's finest Breachers. While the Breach was considered an honor, it was also the unit with the highest rate of attrition as Breacher often were unsupported until Tactical elements could relieve them.
Thirteen! Glory to the Thirteenth!” Agro bellowed, only to

be knocked off his feet, face crushed beyond repair.  The Word Bearer turned and walked away, as
Cultist fell onto the still struggling apothecary like mazonian Peranhas at the
scent of blood.

Gregorias wheezed again, feeling as though he was drowning,
and he knew he was, his lungs filling with blood, his superhuman clotting
factor unable to keep up with the damage it had taken.  And with that, the Ultramarine let out a bloody
gurgle and stopped breathing, helmet whining in quite drone of lifelessness 

Very nice piece of writing, and I adore the painting.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Gregorias is my hero. He epitomizes everything I like about a good Ultramarine: dead. teehee.gif

Seriously, well done my good fellow.

Well, some of us had to die eventually. Don't worry. You and your ilk will get theirs.

^^^this here^^^

Bastardo you make me jealous damn rich college students

Pfft. I'm not rich man, I'm broke. This is my family loving me enough to buy me stuff. I wish I had this kind of cash on hand

Archived