Tzen's Word Bearers WIP Blog!

Tzen

A few people have told me about this already, but I wanted to share it here on the forums none the less! 

My Miniatures are in Warhammer Visions tomorrow!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/3xl.jpg

It's a great honour but at the same time It's a shame the magazine has a limited audience! So much could be done with that format which they don't do. No interviews with the people who make the amazing minis, no real guides (though admittedly there are some useful paint splatter stuff) and no articles from the 'eavy metal team.

Seems like a missed opportunity!

Still, I am still pleased to have some of my minis in there! Really pleased! 

Right now I am having a Stargate conversation with someone else on facebook about this very thing!

I get Stargate references a lot. This is why I don't use my name on forums! :D

I have the same name as a famous football player so I feel your pain.

Anyway I see no painted Land Raider ;)

Thanks fellas! Off picking my copy up soon! :D

Dude! Huge congratulations!

When they decuded to put you in the magazine, were they aware of some of your, uh, past works? :tongue.:

Ta Lex! I am sure they willfully ignore my early "contributions" to the hobby online! :D

Right now I am having a Stargate conversation with someone else on facebook about this very thing!

I get Stargate references a lot. This is why I don't use my name on forums! :biggrin.:

Anyway I see no painted Land Raider :wink:

Landraider is chuggign along okay, I am currently working on a small project for a friend. I can't really share pictures of what it is for a number of reasons, but they have to be kept pretty secret as they are for a campaign!

See, now you have to tell us which footballer it is... :P

Thanks fellas! Off picking my copy up soon! :biggrin.:

Dude! Huge congratulations!

When they decuded to put you in the magazine, were they aware of some of your, uh, past works? :tongue.:

Ta Lex! I am sure they willfully ignore my early "contributions" to the hobby online! :biggrin.:

I get Stargate references a lot. This is why I don't use my name on forums! :biggrin.:

Anyway I see no painted Land Raider :wink:

Landraider is chuggign along okay, I am currently working on a small project for a friend. I can't really share pictures of what it is for a number of reasons, but they have to be kept pretty secret as they are for a campaign!

See, now you have to tell us which footballer it is... :tongue.:

Its not happening Tzen :P 

I saw the Visions thing on the blog and swung by to say congrats and sorry about the Stargate jokes - I'm going to pick this Visions up, actually, I like the move in the direction of showcasing more hobbyists' minis. Talking to the people whose minis they are would really elevate the whole thing, though, I agree.

Looking forward to seeing how the LR shapes up!

Thanks Ghost!

And I am used to the Stargate jokes, all done in good humour! :D

Who knows, maybe someone at GW actually reads all the feedback about visions and it will eventually change! 

Sorry for the lack of updates on the Landraider. My attention was diverted from it due to a "secret" project for someone else.

This make sit sound super exciting, but it was still painting related. But the owner of the minis has a good reason for keeping them secret!

Anyway, here is the plasticard work so far!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/lr21.jpg

So far so good. I still need to smooth the edges of the card, and add some more rivets and such, but work has officially begun!

Well, work is going slowly on the Land raider.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/lr4.jpg

So far the basic green stuff has been done, loads more to be done though. I am also currently waiting on some more materials to be sent through the mail, so there is only so much I can do.

Truth is I find tanks dull at the best of times, but this tank is a husk of a model. It has so much damage done to it (all my own fault I have to add) that I can't get the enthusiasm to keep going!

I may have to paint something soon to get away from it, and build up some enthusiasm! 

I have had to put the Land Raider on hold till something arrives in the post, but it will be done without doubt. It is the next thing I paint as soon as the mystery stuff arrives!

My birthday hit recently and I got this stash of goodies!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/birthday.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tss.jpg

As you can see, these aren't Word Bearers! They are in fact two other forces  I love. The Thousand Sons... and Tzeentch daemons! 

The Word Bearers aren't on hold or anything, this is very much a side project but I have run out of things people can buy me for my Word Bearers which doesn't include confusing folks with Forge World!

Archived