Legion Units - Make a wish

Greyall

My wishlist starting with most wanted

#1 Pre-Heresy upgrade pack for Dark Angels, Shoulder Pads, weapons, robed MkII MkIII and MkIV

#2 Primarch The Lion'el Johnson mid combat (Base that can be interchangable with Konrad Curze or Luther's)

#3 Luther and Astellan dual pack, with archaeotech armor before he is corrupted

#4 Cypher

#5 Champions of the Order/ Inner Circle Knights, Elites choice for Dark Angels legion with relic blades and archaetech pistols. All robed with heraldry and baroque armor

#6 Ravenwing Knights on jetbikes

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/oink-pics/art/preheresyDAHHIII.jpg

My wishlist starting with most wanted

#1 Pre-Heresy upgrade pack for Dark Angels, Shoulder Pads, weapons, robed MkII MkIII and MkIV

#2 Primarch The Lion'el Johnson mid combat (Base that can be interchangable with Konrad Curze or Luther's)

#3 Luther and Astellan dual pack, with archaeotech armor before he is corrupted

#4 Cypher

#5 Champions of the Order/ Inner Circle Knights, Elites choice for Dark Angels legion with relic blades and archaetech pistols. All robed with heraldry and baroque armor

#6 Ravenwing Knights on jetbikes

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/oink-pics/art/preheresyDAHHIII.jpg

I saw this awesome picture and thought i felt a sword in my pants...

to my dismay it wasn't some calibanite steel O.o

Yes, it was Hibou Khan of the White Scars with a Medusan Sword borrowed from a dead Iron Hands Captain in the Mausolytic Precint.

Little Horus was about to die at the...hands of said Iron Hands captain but a Son of Horus sacrificed himself to save him

I never really got the appeal of the Night Lords, seeing as how they're basically psychotic Batmen (assuming Batman isn't already a psycho).  At  the same time, I never really got the appeal of the Dark Angels, though my issue with them was more an issue with Lion El'Johnson who the writers always seem to put teetering on the edge of loyalist/closet traitor.

Of course, that's just my opinion.  People can say similar things about my three favorite legions: Iron Warriors, Sons of Horus, and Word Bearers (in that order).

With that said, I'd take the closet traitor over the psychotic Batmen.

Chainblade shields?

That's so 40k I'm literally flabberghasted those aren't already a thing.

Shameless advertising

The Dark Angels have some very poor outline, Pre-Heresy-wise, in terms of aesthetics and units. There is talk about some knightly style to their accessories and armour, but no special units or great artwork apart from a few pieces in Visions like the above, by Sam Wood. There is much, much potential in them and I'm betting that, if Forgeworld squeezes the knightesque aspect of Lion and his little brothers, they'll be a resounding success. The characters alone should be stunning. Scrolls and capes and great beasthide cloaks. Also a diorama of Corswain impaling Curze (sorry, Kol).

Also, this from Faeit:

-great crusade and unification wars books after horus heresy, BL already working on novels

I love being born in the future.

I definitely hope the rumours FW and BL would eventually move to the mainstream GW site are false! As any other canadian and australian (and others as well, I assume) can attest, FW is (somewhat of) a bargain because we pay the price in GBPs, not in CADs or AUDs... If GW goes ahead and converts the prices to our local currencies, I might have to abandon 30k... :/

I'd be grateful it wasn't true Calibanite steel, brother. Otherwise you'd have been left with just a scabbard...

Anyway. Danitoch could be a really interesting model. Just what would he be like, since he's a borderline cripple?

And he works well with Nicodemus, who is clearly as hard core as the likes of Corteswain, Abaddon, Sigismund etc, after the reaction we got from the Son's of Horus when he attacked them single handily.

I never really got the appeal of the Night Lords, seeing as how they're basically psychotic Batmen (assuming Batman isn't already a psycho). At the same time, I never really got the appeal of the Dark Angels, though my issue with them was more an issue with Lion El'Johnson who the writers always seem to put teetering on the edge of loyalist/closet traitor.

Of course, that's just my opinion. People can say similar things about my three favorite legions: Iron Warriors, Sons of Horus, and Word Bearers (in that order).

With that said, I'd take the closet traitor over the psychotic Batmen.

Well for one thing, they're not Batman. More like Punisher.

And second, insanity is the point. It's probably the same reason why people like the Joker even though he's got a higher body count that Ted Bundy and Charles Manson put together.

I definitely hope the rumours FW and BL would eventually move to the mainstream GW site are false! As any other canadian and australian (and others as well, I assume) can attest, FW is (somewhat of) a bargain because we pay the price in GBPs, not in CADs or AUDs... If GW goes ahead and converts the prices to our local currencies, I might have to abandon 30k... :/

If this turns out to be true would retailers be able to carry forgeworld in their stores?

I'd be grateful it wasn't true Calibanite steel, brother. Otherwise you'd have been left with just a scabbard...

Anyway. Danitoch could be a really interesting model. Just what would he be like, since he's a borderline cripple?

And he works well with Nicodemus, who is clearly as hard core as the likes of Corteswain, Abaddon, Sigismund etc, after the reaction we got from the Son's of Horus when he attacked them single handily.

Dantioch molded the Iron Warriors icon, the Olympian mask, to his own face. That alone would make his model stand out. Other than that he's a pretty regular warsmith, but they could make him slightly crouched or something... to illustrate his illness.

If this turns out to be true would retailers be able to carry forgeworld in their stores?

Some already did. The GW store in Altamonte Springs, FL use to carry Forgeworld until a year ago I think it was. For some reason they stopped, I never bothered asking why.

Unless you mean non-GW LGS. In which case, I don't see what's stopping them now. All the store would have to do is accurately(I feel like this is a keyword here) adjust the prices to the local currency and no problem. And by that, I mean since the last I saw the AUS dollar and the US dollar were on a 1:1 ratio, the prices in Australia should become "normal". Unless there is something that prevents the store from carrying Forgeworld products. Which is dumb.

I want a kurze model with a removable corswain shoving his sword in his back and trying to garrote the Night Lord with a chain :)

mmmh stabby goodness

As for dantioch I could see him more as a planner where he is hunched over from his affliction and also reading a battle plan.

Nicodemus Taurus is just about the only ultramarine that holds my respect. He fights in the true roman legionary style and likes to shield bash more than me in skyrim...and thats saying alot

Archived