Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

Any one see color plates for the WE Red Butchers? I need to know if I need to practice different colors if they are different than the blue of white.

Hey chap, I'm afraid not. There aren't many colour plates for the original 4 Legions, they show a terminator from each Legion and some of their tanks and that's all. When the minis go up on the FW site, I'm sure there will be some examples of them painted up. Probably blue and white and red all over :-D

That saddens me.  I'm thinking they maybe normal colors, but was thinking of painting them up in the red/brass to make them stand out and to show that gradual change to Khorne in my force.  They will be led by Khârn (and command squad, with some bolt pistol/chain axe tac squads). 

Paint them as you'd like, mate. Just say those guys took the 'Red Butchers' thing so seriously they only cleaned their bronze trim, leaving the blood to cover the rest of the armour.

Even if FW paints them white n' blue, it's not like you'll be piledriving fluff because of one tiny colour change.

And, you know, it goes with the name =p

Yea, I'll paint them as I see fit, but the rest of the force (73 jumppack models) is blue/white. So it becomes a force cohesion question. Blue/white will blend them in, but do I want 2 wound raging termies to blend in? Looking at close ups of the models, they look similar to the chaos upgrades that FW already has, they just lack the full chaos icons and bunny ears.

Just remember, dried blood actually turns brown msn-wink.gif

I have some old Reaper blood red that dries the red-brown color and the I put GW blood red on top for un-dried blood. Either way they will be full of Khorne redness!

If I were you I'd paint them White/Blue but the difference being this. Splatter overtop loads of blood and gore. Essentially the clearness of the blood will allow through the original blue/white but splatter it heavily over them. Here is the tutorial I used for bloody chainswords and stuff.

http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2012/11/tutorial-how-to-paint-realistic-blood.html

Both loyalist and traitors?

I asked that because Betrayal's in-depth account showed bits like Mortarion getting plasma-shot or him assaulting underground loyalist Death Guard barricades, slaughtering them all from the shadows. I love that kind of details.

From what I could see of the Report Maps, yes there were Imperial Army units on both sides as well as the Legio Astorum I think it's called. You can find them on Lexicanum as the Fire Swords. Not much said about them.

Someone pointed something out over at 4chan that seems mildly interesting.

In the "Using the Legio Cybernetica" bit over on page 264, it says you can take them for "a Space Marine Crusade Legion army, Imperial Army or Rogue Trader Militant army".

Not too clued up on the whole Rogue Trader thing, so anyone know what's up with that?

Wow

thats going to arouse a lot of people :D

some neck beards are already sweating over the mechanicum, so to see the Rogue traders would be nice too!!!

I think these have been made possible by the huge success of the Horus Heresy, oh and letters b and a :P

It sounded like Tony Cotrell was changing his mind about putting xenos in around 30k too, he was very hesitant about it, but from the recent interviews and powerpoint presentations it seems like he is being swayed to it.

Can anyone tell me just how dark/light the Word Bearers Grey is?

Derp, I guess the Ashen Circle preview would probably suffice.

If however anyone has any pics from the book of the front on shot, feel free to drop that in here. :D

What I could see them doing is a Horus Heresy: Xenos which has army lists for all the Xenos armies and potentially characters during that era. Have Xenos such as the Laer, Orcs, Eldar etc. Eldar wouldn't be substantially different but races like the Laer would be awesome to see.

Laer, Murder, Interex, Diaspora, Nephilim, the Brotherhood, these are armies I want to see.

We were told at the Horus Heresy Weekender that they would be concentrating 100% on the Human aspect of the Horus Heresy, and that they would not be producing Rules or Models for any of the Alien species mentioned in the novels.

FW aren't even going to be doing their own Daemons for the Word Bearers Allies - they have said that people will have to use GW Plastic Daemons to represent them.

What I could see them doing is a Horus Heresy: Xenos which has army lists for all the Xenos armies and potentially characters during that era. Have Xenos such as the Laer, Orcs, Eldar etc. Eldar wouldn't be substantially different but races like the Laer would be awesome to see.

Laer, Murder, Interex, Diaspora, Nephilim, the Brotherhood, these are armies I want to see.

We were told at the Horus Heresy Weekender that they would be concentrating 100% on the Human aspect of the Horus Heresy, and that they would not be producing Rules or Models for any of the Alien species mentioned in the novels.

FW aren't even going to be doing their own Daemons for the Word Bearers Allies - they have said that people will have to use GW Plastic Daemons to represent them.

We know. But dreaming is still an option.

Archived