Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

Well, peel out some paint, stick a bare face against the surface and I'm sure it would hurt. =p Also blind, with some tweaking. I agree, having come up with such a great (IMO) idea, it'd only be natural for FW to try and use it in-game. The blind part already belongs to the Gorgon Terminators, but the defense mechanism would be awesome indeed.

Well, peel out some paint, stick a bare face against the surface and I'm sure it would hurt. =p Also blind, with some tweaking. I agree, having come up with such a great (IMO) idea, it'd only be natural for FW to try and use it in-game. The blind part already belongs to the Gorgon Terminators, but the defense mechanism would be awesome indeed.

Oh man, Blind would be awesome. That's a great idea. Choose between Blind or a STR 3 AP - auto hit when successfully passing an armor save test.

Speaking of Terminators... Has the 2+ 6++ w/Sweeping advance thing been officially debunked for Tartaros Pattern? I don't much care about the 6++ for obvious reasons, but if Tartaros can't do anything differently than Indomitus, why are they described as having better mobility?

In Salamanders section, it was said that the Salamanders did not reach the higher numbers of Dark Angels n Iron Warriors.

Hence, I speculate..

Iron Warriors will have more vehicles n numbers compared to Iron Hands.

Dark Angels as the First Legion Is seen to be benefitted with good numbers, exotic n rare weaponries and six dedicated wings for diff warfare (all arms warfare comparable to Ultramarines n Emperor's Children especially). I suspect DA is more powerful than Ultramarines esp

In Salamanders section, it was said that the Salamanders did not reach the higher numbers of Dark Angels n Iron Warriors.

Hence, I speculate..

Iron Warriors will have more vehicles n numbers compared to Iron Hands.

Possibly. Then again, the Night Lords have more numbers than the Iron Hands. You only need 114,000 to do that piece. More likely the two Legions will be comparable, but where the Iron Hands focused on getting in close and bloody, the Iron Warriors will focus on calculated destruction from a distance.

Dark Angels as the First Legion Is seen to be benefitted with good numbers, exotic n rare weaponries and six dedicated wings for diff warfare (all arms warfare comparable to Ultramarines n Emperor's Children especially). I suspect DA is more powerful than Ultramarines esp

Umm, that very strongly depends on how you define "more powerful".

The best part is not all Night Lords are in Isstvan V. Some of them r doung their own thing in other parts of world.

Ah, I guess that I slipped my words n speculate too much of DA since I m more DA fan

Regarding fleet or void warfare DA n Imperial Fists were mentioned as dedicated warfleet n in massacre, it was mentioned that the Fists had the largest fleet.

The other SC for the Iron Hands is what they should have done with the Codex: Space Marines. Tank Commander.

As far as Titans/Thallax, there was the Firebrands, but I don't believe they were specifically with the Iron Hands.

No, that would be Spearhead-Centurion Casterman Orth. He has the Tank Hunters USR, has the Tank Crushers Warlord traits(all tanks in primary +1 to Vehicle Damage when ramming) and Spearhead Commander. Which says that he has to be put into a tank with Front Armor AV of at least 13. Does not take up any transport capacity if it has it and it benefits from his BS and Tank Hunter rule.

Interesting to note two Iron Hands Special Characters actually rumoured to survive the Massacre. What is interesting they throw hints of speculation of how some Iron Hands really considering the use forbidden rites to resurrect Ferus...

Interesting to note two Iron Hands Special Characters actually rumoured to survive the Massacre. What is interesting they throw hints of speculation of how some Iron Hands really considering the use forbidden rites to resurrect Ferus...

Wouldn't they need his head for that?

Since Cyrene was nothing but bones, no.

And Dark Eldar can grow back from a hand or whatever, and Vulkan comes back from...nothing.

Well, we're assuming he actually went down to nothing. It's entirely possible that his regeneration was happening so fast that a single cell was present somewhere in the fall. And then when he stopped burning up, you get a Primarch sized body falling faster than it had any right too. Not to mention the impact..... Yikes. Hope that place had insurance.

EDIT: They could always do Jason X and just infuse what's left of the corpse with nano tech. Since from what I've heard of Massacre says Medusa was loaded with Dark Age tech and Asirnoth seems to be mostly nanotech, definitely a possibility. Maybe the can use his hands to grow clones using the DNA imprinted on the little monsters.

Since Cyrene was nothing but bones, no.

That was meant to be tongue in cheek, but fair enough. Smarty-pants. rolleyes.gif

In regards to Night Lord lightning generators I'd be all for them using an overload to blob the enemy before disengaging from cc. Using it then instead of when charging would illustrate those ba*tard's tendencies perfectly :D

Going by Massacre and Betrayal, 120k sounds perfectly middling for a Legion.

It sounds like there may be a lot more Marines during 30k than they kept up to 40k. Roughly two million Marines, Chapters doubled to account for the traitors, might be a million short of their total Legion numbers up to the Heresy.

Archived