Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

Doesn't say anything about why he wore red gauntlets, doesn't even mention him in the Night Lords article untll you get to the legion army list at the back of the book and the small amount of lore that comes with him basically says he was considered one of the most dangerous marines up their with the likes of Abaddon, Radaron, Corswain and Eidolon.

There's a bit of fluff that peaks my interest, there's a Word Bearers contemptor dreadnought shown and it states it was found on the fringe locked in a death embrace with a Salamanders dreadnought called the Dragon of Sarapis. I swear I've heard that name before but I can't place my finger on it, any thoughts?

There's a bit of fluff that peaks my interest, there's a Word Bearers contemptor dreadnought shown and it states it was found on the fringe locked in a death embrace with a Salamanders dreadnought called the Dragon of Sarapis. I swear I've heard that name before but I can't place my finger on it, any thoughts?

Hasdrubal Serapis Captain in the Sons of Horus.

Only Serapis I can find, but I don't think thats it as I've heard it somewhere else...

Doesn't say anything about why he wore red gauntlets, doesn't even mention him in the Night Lords article untll you get to the legion army list at the back of the book and the small amount of lore that comes with him basically says he was considered one of the most dangerous marines up their with the likes of Abaddon, Radaron, Corswain and Eidolon.

Don't forget the undefeated (legally, at least) Sigismund ;) .

There's a bit of fluff that peaks my interest, there's a Word Bearers contemptor dreadnought shown and it states it was found on the fringe locked in a death embrace with a Salamanders dreadnought called the Dragon of Sarapis. I swear I've heard that name before but I can't place my finger on it, any thoughts?

Don't forget the undefeated (legally, at least) Sigismund msn-wink.gif .

Aye of course but funnily enough it doesn't mention him in the list they give, only the ones above.

Probably indicating Sigsimund is a tier above...Or, one of the writers had a very serious derp moment.

Not to badger you too much on the same tired old topics...But anything interesting pop out about Curze, and any of his interactions with his brothers? I'll admit that we've seen a lot of these so far, what with Vulkan, Lorgar, Corax, Dorn, The Lion, Fulgrim and now apparently a little bit with Gulliman...But still curious.

Not much, it mentions the altercation with Dorn briefly in the part which explains why the legion blew up Nostromo. Other than that it fills out the detail of the legion, it's early events, the changes that happened due to more Nostromo marines replacing Terrans. Personally it explains why the Emperor didn't reprimand the Night Lords, they were doing what the Emperor made them for, they were a necessary monster to stem rebellion and outright punish any who did it.

Not so much there's a story where they leg it from Orks in space allowing a smaller detachment of Iron Warriors to get wiped out, their excuse was the Orks don't fear them. They tried to make up a better excuse as to why they did it though. They did however board the space hulk with some terror squads and haunted it for a long period which stopped the Orks from progressing, but I wouldn't call them especially martial, once you get past their terror tactics they're nothing special.

Not much, it mentions the altercation with Dorn briefly in the part which explains why the legion blew up Nostromo. Other than that it fills out the detail of the legion, it's early events, the changes that happened due to more Nostromo marines replacing Terrans. Personally it explains why the Emperor didn't reprimand the Night Lords, they were doing what the Emperor made them for, they were a necessary monster to stem rebellion and outright punish any who did it.

Hmm, that's interesting...Lends a bit more credence to the theory that the Emperor sanctioned their actions, as claimed by Zso Sahaal and denied by Acerbus (although I'm of the impression that people seemed to be a bit iffy on the validity of anything from book...)

Not so much there's a story where they leg it from Orks in space allowing a smaller detachment of Iron Warriors to get wiped out, their excuse was the Orks don't fear them. They tried to make up a better excuse as to why they did it though. They did however board the space hulk with some terror squads and haunted it for a long period which stopped the Orks from progressing, but I wouldn't call them especially martial, once you get past their terror tactics they're nothing special.

Bahahaha, that's brilliant! That's right there demonstrates my favourite bit of the Night Lords - so many of them, when it comes down to it, are little more than glorified thugs given more power than is probably responsible.

(is delvarus better in the pits than him?)

Well, Kargos says that Delvarus is the best of them. Although that could mean a variety of things from being the best fighter, to the best at controlling the Nails(which might explain why he was trusted with 500 Nail-inflicted Astartes to fight on the flagship; and he did do a good job of not going crazy the whole time he was fighting and he still was able to control himself with a sword at his throat) to a variety of other things.

Yes, though do we ever see Khârn really try his hardest in the pits?

He always took it as a joke iirc but he made erebus his :cuss who, almost beat lucius, the primier swordsman. Lucius was beaten by loken, who was in turn scared to crap and losing against Khârn in his bloodlust and pushes him into a passing raider (deus ex machina, lol did you notice? ;) )

Delvarus is awesome and Angron wanted him in the devourers but he said screw that. and Khârn was like whatever bro. I really liked the part about Kargos bloodspitter beating a devourer and carving his name in his armor (making fun of kaldor draigo)

Believe it was False Gods  Horus Rising, Kol. He was in the Cage with Erebus before fighting Loken. Erebus does very well against Lucius. Lucius challenges Loken and Loken reminds him that he has just been sparring Erebus for a good while and is not 100% thereby making the bout "unfair." Lucius dismisses that belief and Loken gives his "the way we Luna Wolves fight" speech. 

Edit Ninjaed and yes, Horus rising. Thank you WOT

There's a bit of fluff that peaks my interest, there's a Word Bearers contemptor dreadnought shown and it states it was found on the fringe locked in a death embrace with a Salamanders dreadnought called the Dragon of Sarapis. I swear I've heard that name before but I can't place my finger on it, any thoughts?

Don't forget the undefeated (legally, at least) Sigismund msn-wink.gif .

Undefeated like Lucius before he gets stabbed by a fellow EC commander post-Heresy ?

That's a funny way to be undefeated, right ?

I thought that the few points of view from the world eater NCOs pointed out that Khârn doesn't possess any of the trademark scars and pebble face that all the others have because he is such a consummate fighter both in the pits and out.

If Khârn doesn't want you to hit him, he wont let you even near him (unless you are a wascly ultramarine who then gets eaten by Argel Tal :D )

Archived