JJD's Dark Angels

JJD

Wow, what a terrific army JJD! Beautiful, crisp paint, I especially love your greens

I think a lot of us know the pain of real life getting in the way. I took a hiatus from 40k myself for a number of years, and only got back into it a couple years ago. Probably why I'm just seeing this thread. You're a great inspiration though, keep it up!!!

So I've finally made some progress. It was harder than I thought to get everything to line up. Still needs a bit of green stuff to fill the gaps and maybe a grenande or 2 to hide some of the hacking at the middle. 3 black knights are also ready for priming. Just need to buy the rest of the squad.

I realized after posting that I hadn't added his back pack. Guess what. It didn't fit. So after a bit more scraping he's ready for green stuff. I am now realizing what a pain he is going to be to paint when I try to get att he detail on the librarian himself.

gallery_74577_9223_254469.jpeg

Edited by JJD

• 4 weeks later...

So I put paint to plastic for the first time in 2 years. With baby number 2 iminanant I might not get chance again for a while. It didn't go well at the start but by the end I was getting the feel of it again towards the end. I tried a different way of painting the black using a glaze technique taken from tale of painters. I prefer it on the table top not sure how it looks in close up photos. I went lower contrast on the white too. It was a tricky conversion to paint. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

gallery_74577_9223_190270.jpg

gallery_74577_9223_82082.jpeg

Edited by JJD

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The conversion itself is fairly simple. I was particularly pleased I managed to keep his belt with his librarian emblem. The issue I had was that I usually paint models with this much detail in parts to make it easy to get at with the brush but in this case he had to be painted as one piece with both arms out making it a pain to get at the detail on his torso. I'm still a relatively new painter with this blog amounting to everything I've painted.

• 3 weeks later...

Some very minor progress.

med_gallery_74577_9223_273736.jpeg

Team JJD received another new recruit at 1513hrs GMT yesterday. As result I will likely be back to hobbling vicariously over the Internet for a few months Hopefully it won't be a two year break like the last one.

I will probably pledge these 3 for ETL to motivate myself to keep in the hobby.

So everyone else needs to keep hobbling some I have something to look at.

• 5 weeks later...

I can't believe that I missed your biker librarians! Both of them look great!  Good choice of colors for the highlights and the base on the first one looks great!  Your Black Knight bikes are coming along nicely.  I hope mine turn out as good as yours!

• 1 month later...

Your bikes turned out great!  They have a dark and seasoned feel to them, like proper veterans of the field of battle!

Well done and congrats on completing your vow!