JJD's Dark Angels

JJD

I’ve got another box of Black Knights still to build and I’ve picked up the DA Hellblasters. I also snagged the Deathwatch Dark Angel to be my lieutenant.

I managed to stop myself buying the Primaris Lt to use as the hellblaster sgt as it seemed like an unnecessary expense but the urge to stick to having all my Sgts in robes may be to strong in the end.

I’d better get building

Take it from me... you can never have a big enough painting backlog :(

My back log is usually just in my head without thinking too hard it goes:-

More Black Knights

10 Hellblasters

Lieutenant

Another Razorback

Sammy

Talon master

Dark Shroud

Dark talon

Scouts

Oh and a betrayal at Calth box that is possibly going to be a small fallen force if I ever get to it.

Edited by JJD

You’re both right its my slow to do list.

My main road block is cleaning and building. Once they are built I can’t wait to paint them. It’s motivating myself to start scraping off mold lines that stops the progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Every little bit of progress counts.

A Dark Angle Lieutenant to accompany Azrael. I think the poses will look good together. The weapon swap gives them the same range.

Also he uses the first Primaris bit in my army.

med_gallery_74577_9223_447082.jpeg

If your wondering it’s the Sgt shoulder. I swapped the side the DA icon was going on and didn’t realise until it was too late the purity seal was now blowing the wrong way.

Also the weapon swap was so much harder than it should be as all the combi-plasmas are attached to the right hand and I had to cut the strap off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking awesome as always JJD, really digging those robes

Thanks Greenz it took a few try’s but I’m really happy with painting robes now I’ve settled on a recipe that matches my style.

Looking sharp there Brother, I'm looking forward to seeing those Black Knights get some paint love.

I honestly thought now I’ve started playing again and with ETL as extra motivation I would have gotten more done on the bikes but for some reason out of everything I’ve painted I just find bikes hard work. I’m hoping for a couple of hours before work tomorrow with no kids in the house so we will have to see how much I can power through. Edited by JJD

I've actually found that the bikes themselves benefit from gentle drybrushing and then using black paint to tidy up the armour panels. It's quick and means that there is a nice distinction in style between the rider and the bike which ensure the eye is drawn to the rider.

Well my hope of progress today have been dashed. Grandmother is ill so I’ve got the 2year old until I go to work. Still play time with a little monkey.

Maybe tomorrow.

A little progress whilst my little princess was playing

med_gallery_74577_9223_286824.jpeg

med_gallery_74577_9223_19147.jpeg

It’s not the best lighting but the blades looks ok from table top. Close up it’s not quite there yet but feel like I’m getting better with each try.

It wasn’t something I particularly planned but he’s going to look great striding into battle with my Azrael conversion combi-Plasma’s blazing.

Edited by JJD

Superb work, Lieutenant Gydrael is brilliant :)

Thanks I am really pleased with him. Particularly how well he fits with Azrael

Damn fierce looking bunch, Brother JJD! They all look excellent individually as well. Good show!

Outstanding job! As Bryan said, each of them really stands out from one another, just as a command squad should

Thanks to both of you. They are are models that I put a little bit of extra effort into.

• 1 month later...