New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Its Captain Draco of the Black Templars. It would be easier to fit in a Black Templar with your army since most people don't even know the existence of Grey Knights in the Imperium. Maybe he was seconded to the Storm Brothers for a witch hunting mission? Also just read through the whole thread, fantastic stuff! Looking forward to seeing more!

Its Captain Draco of the Black Templars. It would be easier to fit in a Black Templar with your army since most people don't even know the existence of Grey Knights in the Imperium. Maybe he was seconded to the Storm Brothers for a witch hunting mission? Also just read through the whole thread, fantastic stuff! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks, man! That is great to know! I just checked out some pictures on Draco online-- the one I have has a generic backpack instead of the correct one... I think I can swap out one of my extra Sternguard ones to spruce him up a bit. Fun!

I have been kind of scattered on my painting, lately-- I just went through and cataloged everything that have and sorted it into painted and unpainted, and then made a list of what I still need to make a complete 2nd Company. That will be my focus moving forward until I get that done.

Edited by geektom

This is my current painting goal. I own about 2/3 of this, and about 1/2 is painted (* indicates I have the models, but not completely built/painted yet):

II Brotherhood

Khan (Captain) Temu Lin Khan (Bike)
Brother Chaplain (Chaplain) Ko'soro Mai (Bike)
Brother Seeker (Librarian) Tushu-guan Ge (need model)
* Brother Healer (Apothocary) Dym Cang Gong (Bike)
* First-Brother-Among-Equals (Champ/Std.) Zhuy Han (Bike)

I Squad 9 Tactical Marines 9 (need models)
Gravity Gun, M. Launcher
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Fo Shi Won

II Squad 9 Tactical Marines 9 (complete)
Flamer, M. Launcher
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Bo Jing Chao

* III Squad 9 Tactical Marines 9
M Melt, M. Launcher
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Qi Li Ko

IV Squad 9 Tactical Marines 9 (complete)
Plasma, M. Launcher
Strike Brother (Vet Sergeant) Li Lun Wu

V Squad 9 Bike Marines 9 (6 complete)
Gravity Guns
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Qiāng huǒ

VI Squad 9 Bike Marines 9 (need models)
Gravity guns
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Lo Lo Bao

VII Squad 9 Bike Marines 9 (need models)
Gravity guns
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Bao Mu

VIII Squad 9 Assault Marines 9 (5 complete)
Jump Packs
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Xun Feng Xun

IX Squad 9 Assault Marines 9 (need models)
Jump Packs
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Wen Sun

X Squad 9 Devastator Marines 9 (5 complete)
Strike Brother (Sergeant) Ren Xhi

Support:

3 Rhino (2 complete)
* 1 Stalker
* 3 Landspeeder
* 1 Storm Talon
1 Drop pod (complete)

* Revered Brother (Dreadnaught) Brother Nin Hua Lo
* Revered Chaplain (Dreadnaught) Qui'sa Mai

ON LOAN:
BI / SQ II (complete)
5 Terminators

BI / SQ III (complete)
5 Assault Terminators
Land Raider

* BI / SQ IV
9 Sternguard Veterans 9
Lin Win Q1 1

BI / SQ IX (almost complete)
9 Vanguard Veterans
Strike Brother (Vet Sergeant) Lu Wo Lu

BX / SQ I (complete)
9 Scouts
Missile Launcher
Strike Brother (Vet Sergeant) No Si Me
9 Sniper Rifles

* BX / SQ IV
5 Scouts
Land Speeder Storm

* Chaplain w/ Jump Pack (incomplete)
* Chaplain w/ Terminator Armor (incomplete)

Total Models 166

Edited by geektom

Curious why all your squads have nine members. Is that a fluff thing for your chapter?

Also just noticed the name of the sniper scout serg, you cheeky so and so. I bet there are others but that's the one I noticed.

Edited by JeffTibbetts

Curious why all your squads have nine members. Is that a fluff thing for your chapter?

Nine + 1 Sgt- the way I pasted the text doesn't make that clear

Also just noticed the name of the sniper scout serg, you cheeky so and so. I bet there are others but that's the one I noticed.

;-)

Wow this is the first time I have seen this thread...all I have to say is wow! sorry if this has been asked before but do you have a tutorial on how to paint these bad boys?

Thanks, Brother-- no one has ever asked for a tutorial before, but I could do one if there was interest.

What specific things would you want to see covered in the tutorial?

Wow this is the first time I have seen this thread...all I have to say is wow! sorry if this has been asked before but do you have a tutorial on how to paint these bad boys?

Thanks, Brother-- no one has ever asked for a tutorial before, but I could do one if there was interest.

Well kind of all of it to be honest! the way you paint everything interests me, looking for a colour scheme myself and im looking for inspiration haha

Edited by Brother Michaels

Well kind of all of to be honest! the way you paint everything interests me, looking for a colour scheme myself and im looking for inspiration haha

Thanks again-- I am set to do some more troops soon (completing the Stormtalon, currently) and when I do, I document my process.

Okay. It's confession time.

When I took my first look at the first page of this thread, my first thought was "I don't think that color scheme is going to be anything but a disaster."

The stellar worksmanship... and seeing actual models painted up so nicely has made me eat my words.

Devastators WIP- continuing to scale back the amount of red and stick with the original theme. Big guns are fun to paint.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/IMG_0100_zpsixpdvqea.jpg

Edited by geektom

• 11 months later...

Not bad. I noticed a "IX" on one of the Devastators' left pauldron. Is this Chapter a Blood Angels (IX Legion) successor?

No, just a squad marking- 2nd Company (yellow trim), 9th squad.

My guys are White Scars successors.

Do you mean the posed one I posted in the Conversion group? That is a Sgt., actually- but I am thinking I may do some Captains soon. I tend to always use my "Khan on Jetbike", but it would be good to model up some regular Captains, too. BTW, I dropped from the FB group- quite a few unfriendly/unkind people on there...

I am trying to figure out the picture hosting thing- I have to get a bunch of pics off of Photobucket and Google Photo.

I am going to  follow @Disruptor_fe404 advice and try imgur

I have been painting my first Primaris squad... as traditional White Scars. Sure is easier than my scheme- even with all the line-filling, lol.