New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

So how many points are you up to there? They are looking great

Thanks, War Angel- it depends on how things are kitted out, but here is a list what is painted or partially painted:

Khan on jet bike (played as Ko'sorro Khan w/ Moondragon)

Chappie on bike

Chappie Terminator

Chappie with jump pack

Chappie in regular power armor

Command squad on bike (5 models, incl apothecary, company champ, company standard)

Land Raider

5 Termies

5 Assault Termies

2 Rhinos

2 x 10 Tactical Marines

1 x 5 Assault Marines w/Jump Packs

1 x 10 Vanguard Vets

1 x 6 Bike squad

1 x 10 Scouts with sniper rifles

3 Land Speeders, 1 with typhoon missiles

That is from memory, but I think I got it all.

Still on deck, in no particular order:

Scout land speeder storm

Storm Talon

Storm Raven

Devastators

Sterngaurd

Bike squad #2

Tactical unit #3

Razorback

Stalker

Drop pod (x3?)

Librarian of some sort

Whew! Now I am all intimidated again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Introducing Venerable Brother Ho Xi Xi, formerly Veteran Strike Brother of the II Brotherhood, V Bike Squad. Blessed with eternal servitude after the battle of Molepsis VII.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image.jpg1_zps6s3ji1d8.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image.jpg3_zpsxkqc7vmh.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image.jpg4_zpsb9vqmofa.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image.jpg2_zpsjvfmauym.jpg

Currently he is pinned together, but will come apart for painting.

An excellent conversion idea for sure geektom; but I think it would help bulk up the model if you used a piece of tubing or other such but to round out and wrap around the current dread hip to rapier chassis joining. Currently, it looks a little spindly.

I think the only critique I have for now is that central waist-column, as it looks a bit ungainly atm. Is there any way to bulk it up a bit? There's loads of space to use there and I think the gasp (as much as the coloumn) bothers me. 

An excellent conversion idea for sure geektom; but I think it would help bulk up the model if you used a piece of tubing or other such but to round out and wrap around the current dread hip to rapier chassis joining. Currently, it looks a little spindly.

I agree! I have plans for tubing and maybe a couple more bitz to help with that.

I think the only critique I have for now is that central waist-column, as it looks a bit ungainly atm. Is there any way to bulk it up a bit? There's loads of space to use there and I think the gasp (as much as the coloumn) bothers me.

Yes, I agree on all counts. Tonight was all about the basic layout, so I will keep working on the waist. Great feedback, everyone. Thanks so much.

Yes, I agree on all counts. Tonight was all about the basic layout, so I will keep working on the waist. Great feedback, everyone. Thanks so much.

I've just noticed I wrote 'gasp' and not 'gap'. How the hell and errant 's' got in there, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Triple tramp stamps!

Damn it, man! I cannot un-see them now.

I really like the treads replacing legs for a Scars Successor, but I feel like the waist is still a little spindly. Unfortunately, I don't have any real suggestions for bulking it out further. Sorry to be the guy who criticises without being constructive. :(

Triple tramp stamps!

Damn it, man! I cannot un-see them now.

I really like the treads replacing legs for a Scars Successor, but I feel like the waist is still a little spindly. Unfortunately, I don't have any real suggestions for bulking it out further. Sorry to be the guy who criticises without being constructive. :sad.:

It's all good! I am not sure what to do about it, either-- I mean, at this point the waist is thicker than if it was on the legs.

I think the cables/tubes will help flesh it out, too.

Open to anything you can think of!