New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

I sooooo can't wait to see some tanks in that scheme.

Thanks, Togusa-san- me too! I just won some economically priced Rhinos on ebay, so hopefully I will have something to post soon. Once these guys are *really* finished, my next project will be converting a Chaplain on a bike...

Are these guys white scars successors?

Yes, sir! My list will be more varied than "just" bikes, but it will definitely be recognizable as a WS successor.

I have a potential list posted in the army list thread, but the essentials are: 2 x 10 tactical troops w/ Rhinos, 2 x 5 bikes (1 w Khan, 1 w Chaplain), assault Termies in LR, scouts w/ sniper rifles, scouts on bikes, land speeders and/or storm talons.

...and then everything else I can get my hands on, of course! Looking forward to painting a command squad and some veterans, but no room in the basic list for now.

Thanks, Togusa-san- me too! I just won some economically priced Rhinos on ebay, so hopefully I will have something to post soon. Once these guys are *really* finished, my next project will be converting a Chaplain on a bike...

Hahaha it was you who sniped those 25$ "bare naked" rhinos I was about to bid on!?

Hahaha it was you who sniped those 25$ "bare naked" rhinos I was about to bid on!?

How funny! It might have been! There are a lot of transports for sale- since I am a noob, I hope I kit/paint them up correctly...

Great stuff Battle brother! If you are looking to add variety to the poses then get on ebay and buy some running legs from Assault/Vanguard kits. there are always individual bits up for sale. They will help make some dynamic poses.

great tip, Frag! I did not think about running legs. I have a boat load of bits coming my way, so I will look for thiose next.

Looking good there geektom! The only suggestion I have, seeing as my others have been essentially addressed, is to drill those bolter barrels. Always looks better and I think, with a base, will finish them off nicely.

Looking forward to the next batch...

Here are the rhinos I got off of ebay:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps508e0cd0.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps5bf16876.jpg

And can anyone tell me what this is on my terminator sprue? There are no pictures of it on the box on in the "instructions"...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps6bd72024.jpg

Hey friends, is it completely against Adeptus Astartes for my Chaplain to have very, very dark purple armor instead of black?

I know technically anything goes with a successor chapter, but. I plan on my guys being loyalists as much as possible, and I didn't know how much of a taboo this was...

I know Librarians are supposed to be blue, and pilots red, correct?

Do what you want, it's your Chapter! Jaspcat's suggestion would be my 'safe' suggestion. Black is the Emperor's colour, red for Mars, and blue for the Librarium.

My 'bold' suggestion is this: same colours as the rest of your Chapter, but stick to the 'symbols' of office: skull helm, psychic hood, servo-arm (this last one isn't too obvious for Techmarine pilots).

I like the dark scheme of a chaplain, I just want I try something a *little* different. If it turns out the way I am picturing it, it will still very recognizably be a Chaplain.

My main chaplain will be on a bike, but I picked up the awesome termy model for dirt cheap, so I think that will be the test model... It's the all metal version, so worst case scenario, I just strip it and start over.

Got my ebay rhinos in the mail-- hate to set myself up for an easy joke, but they are smaller than I expected.

We are really supposed to believe that 10 Space Marines can fit in there?

My bits and bases also arrived while I was away-- busy time ahead!

If I post a picture of the rhinos, will someone be able to tell if they are missing anything?

Thanks!

Ok, here are the 2 Mini Coopers I got off of ebay. I have all the treads (not pictured). Looks like I am missing one set of headlights, and one complete "pop-up" hatch for the one on the right, and the hatch cover for the one on the left? The right one came with a torso, and the left one came with legs- I assume that just gives you options as to how far you want your SM sticking out of the central hatch? I am guessing the ring with the little antennae is where the radar dish goes, and the other hatches are for filling in the unused holes. Unfortunately the ramp on the right side is broken, but I think I can fix it, or worst case scenario just glue it in place.

Not quite sure how the bolsters attach, but I am sure I can look that up.

Anything else you see that I am missing? Guy did a nice clean job assembling them, so I am happy about that.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps24ad959a.jpg