New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

that's a great tip, Brother Molokai- thanks!

painted the real bases today- hope to have the first 100% done by tomorrow, and then I will start on the Rhinos and Chaplain on bike conversion.

pictures when I am finished!

Rhinos (I think) may come with two 'pop-up' hatches, but the model only needs one. The other hatch is one of the 'flush' hatches that isn't meant to open (though you can of course assemble it however you want).

You're definitely missing a set of headlights though, but I would consider that pretty minor. I actually want to leave the headlights off some of my potential Rhinos.

Hey everyone!

I am known for being slightly OCD about detailing and not being able to call a unit "done"-- I think I am finally ready to set this unit aside and move on.

Final pictures, Storm Brothers, II Brotherhood, IV Strike Team, lead by Fang Brother, Fang Lung Sai:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_23_zps8848b478.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_232_zpsfd782ac2.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_233_zps598aa437.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_234_zpsbb606dc4.jpg

Thank you EVERYONE for the encouragement!

Now onto Rhino building, and trying to kit bash a Chaplain on a bike!

I think I will try to find a realistic look in between ... I added some dirt to the feet of the marines, and I like the way it looks.

In my mind, a vehicle would not look like it just rolled off the showroom floor, but while I really respect the super-damaged paint jobs, it is just not my style... I'll pretend my guys are just embarking on their latest campaign :-)

Well, I just got a super cheap deal on ebay for a chaos hellbrute that I picked up to have something to break up the painting doldrums... I have always found it helpful to have something different to work on during long projects...

Here is what I am thinking for vehicles-- open to any and all comments!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/6b4647d1-1421-4879-b340-afc9c91f02c8_zps4debb202.jpg

What if instead of just painting the inset (my own tag, not sure quite what else to call them) areas yellow, I continued the yellow across in a horizontal band, connecting them across the gray?

I think painting the stacks yellow is a good suggestion. Will make the vehicle stand out while not being over-powering. ;) With your particular scheme I imagine painting the vehicles will be all about striking the right balance between your colours which I believe the yellow stacks will achieve. Always a good idea to paint on stack or whole side and see how it looks.

Any idea on how you are going to be painting your Helbrute? Your style would certainly work well with a scheme like the Emperor's Children. ;)

I think painting the stacks yellow is a good suggestion. Will make the vehicle stand out while not being over-powering. ;) With your particular scheme I imagine painting the vehicles will be all about striking the right balance between your colours which I believe the yellow stacks will achieve. Always a good idea to paint on stack or whole side and see how it looks.

Any idea on how you are going to be painting your Helbrute? Your style would certainly work well with a scheme like the Emperor's Children. ;)

They are full Slannesh pink and black now, correct? That might work. I like to have my " side project" be different colors than my main one, so I was thinking red or blue, but black and pink would also be a nice switch. Plus, I can practice battle damage to my heart's content!

Rhino update:

Ok, I *think* I have it figured out where everything goes... Looks like I can have a radar array *or* the storm bolster on a turret, but not both, correct?

If I don't want a marine shooting the SB, I replace him with a closed hatch, right?

I understand how the big doors on top work- is the other option (with the big hole) for making it a razorback?

If I had built these myself, I would have done things differently- I don't see a way to paint the inside well because they are already assembled. Is it considered totally lame to have completely closed transports?

Looks like these first 2 will be for practice... Which is fine, they were inexpensive and I have never painted one before.

Your Marines look great:tu: I like the color scheme .Is the cape on the Sgt from Anvil Ind.?So far doing vehicles for my guys is tough.Still trying to work out on what parts to paint bone and such.

Yes, I picked up a few things from Anvil to spruce up my guys!

I think painting the stacks yellow is a good suggestion. Will make the vehicle stand out while not being over-powering. :wink: With your particular scheme I imagine painting the vehicles will be all about striking the right balance between your colours which I believe the yellow stacks will achieve. Always a good idea to paint on stack or whole side and see how it looks.

Any idea on how you are going to be painting your Helbrute? Your style would certainly work well with a scheme like the Emperor's Children. :wink:

They are full Slannesh pink and black now, correct? That might work. I like to have my " side project" be different colors than my main one, so I was thinking red or blue, but black and pink would also be a nice switch. Plus, I can practice battle damage to my heart's content!

Pink and black or purple and gold are the most widely used colours. I go for yhe former because I love the contrast and they look so different from other Chaos armies. :)

The alternative Rhino door/hatch is used for Razorbacks and Predators.

Mike.

Well, the radar doesn't have to go on the hatch. The only other place I'd consider putting it on a Rhino would be on one of the sloping plates on the back. A Razorback can probably have the radar on the turret somewhere.

Ah-ha! Good to know! Thanks, Disruptor!

What's the thing on the front of the Rhino? I don't quite recognise it...

Also, I just realised that your Rhinos are missing the grips for the storm bolters, given that you only have the mount that requires a Marine and an open hatch to fire the gun. It's fine though, if you get Rhinos in the future, you'll have some that you can use.

I approve of the usage of tiny, tiny chains too.