New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

What's the thing on the front of the Rhino? I don't quite recognise it...

Also, I just realised that your Rhinos are missing the grips for the storm bolters, given that you only have the mount that requires a Marine and an open hatch to fire the gun. It's fine though, if you get Rhinos in the future, you'll have some that you can use.

I approve of the usage of tiny, tiny chains too.

Disruptor, if you look *really* carefully, you will see I glued a piece of bar (from a boss pole) to the bolter, so there is t least something there looking kind of grip-like...

Do you mean the shield on the front? It is a fantasy beastmen shield with Ork skulls. I am going to include old, battered shield throughout the army as generational relics passed down from their tribes pre-technology days. It happens to be the same shield I used on the back of my test bike, too.

Aha, that's what it is. I'm not familiar at all with the Fantasy lines, you see!

Yeah, I saw the bar! If you have bolters which actually have grips that you need to cut off, you can use those on it too (though you have a new Tactical box, which doesn't have any of those at all). It's hardly a deal-breaker though.

Just the outsides purple I think ;)

If you want I've got Orc nob heads spare you can use.

I think it's the adorning of any ork based things to vehicles.

I'd personally maybe put spears on the rhino with impailed heads

I have a few heads that I was saving for bikes and characters- didn't think about putting them on spears.

I wanted the ork stuff to seem like trophies, not adornment. I actually nixed some planned bits after seeing them on (thank you, blue tac) so I get what you are saying.

I'd say just the outside too. That Lightning bolt looks really cool btw, ;)

Looks good. I always drill out the top of my exhausts. Looks realistic that way.

^ This. ;)

Thanks, chaplainmikey. Not happy with the rivets, but for a first try, I like the lightning bolt.

I thought about the exhausts, so thanks to you and Molokai for the reminder!

Tough call on the color options, I think I would go with the indented portions of the tank being purple, then grey on the outsides with mostly yellow on top and back. Go white or yellow on the exhaust stacks to help break up the grey. this would leave the doors grey so your cloud can be white and lighting strike yellow.  Keeping the portions of yellow, purple, white and grey in the same portions that you have everything else I think would be the key.  Great looking stuff btw.

Edited by WG Vrox

I'd put yellow or purple on the front of the tank under the visor.. but that's just me.

I considered doing that, basically extending the insets into a horizontal stripe across the front. I will see if living with it a couple of days changes my mind back.

Lookin good Tom!

May I ask: how did you get that arrow so perfect on the top of the rhino? Was that freehand or did you mask off? If so what tape did you use?Ps can't wait to see the lightning bolt done!

Yes, I masked it, using the blue tape they sell here in the states for prepping household painting jobs. Do they have that in Australia? I like it because it is barely sticky, and leaves no residue. Down side is you have keep an eye on it or it peels away...

Now that we've come to this stage, I second the thought of pulling the yellow across the front plate as well.

Yeah, I think I m sold on it, too... Going to do the back ramp yellow, also. Maybe with a squad badge in the middle?