A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - All slots filled, sign up closed!

Dosjetka

Alrighty then here is my entry.

Ezar stood at the chapel entrance. The librarian placed his right hand gently upon the heavy iron door. He was hesitant, the idea of disturbing the Iron Father's meditations gave him pause. This was Ezars' first combat tasking after having achieved the rank of epistolary. He was no longer an apprentice seconded to a more experienced master. He was far removed from the frightened youth that had faced the trials. Ezar was astartes, one of the Emperor's angels, a warrior and battle psyker. There was nothing in the galaxy, neither man nor xenos nor spawn of the aether that he should fear. And yet, the man beyond the great iron portal made Ezar give his every thought extra scrutiny. Ezar pushed the door open.

The chapel was dark, partially illuminated now by the light from the open door in which Ezar stood. At the far end of the gloomy space the librarian's transhuman sight made out a shape. The figure was clad in terminator plate kneeling before an alter lit by two small candles. Ezar checked his breathing as he began the long walk to the far end of the dark chapel. As Ezar approached the altar the kneeling figure rose with the sound of whining servos. The Iron Father, High Chaplain of the Sons of Creightos, stood facing the librarian. The chaplains blackened armor illuminated from behind by the altar candles gave his form even greater gravity.

"What word have we received?" The Iron Father's voice was like ice water rushing over sharp rocks. It almost made Ezar flinch. The librarian extended his hand, a parchment scroll held in his armored gauntlet. The chaplain took the scroll and unfurled it.

"The Denzarr sector lost to xenos and traitors " the chaplain growled.
Traitors held a special place of hatred among all children of the Gorgon and for the Sons of Creightos more so given the chapters history.

"Do we know anything of this Geledos?" the Iron Father queried.

"No, my lord, there is no mention of him in chapter record." Ezar replied.

" Contact our other task groups." "Relay the call to arms to any whom have not heard and send our reply to the Lord Militant."

"The Sons of Creightos will make war in Denzarr."

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/Mobile%20Uploads/392f111d-dcfb-40ab-8819-dcd88f9b79e7_zpsb5802254.jpg

Sons of Creightos

Geledos Crusade Detachment

Codex: Dark Angels

HQ
Interrogator Chaplain, terminator armor, Mace of Redemption   170

Command Squad, Banner of Fortitude      185

Librarian, Power Field Generator      95

Troops

Tactical Squad Alef
  10 man, plasma gun, plasma cannon     170

Tactical Squad Gimel
  10 man, plasma gun, plasma cannon     170

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad Banerges
  4 missile launcher 4 flakk upgrade      170

total   960

I was thinking about starting a slanesshi deamon army using the dark elves brides of khorne as conversion bases for some deamonic allies for duel games with my mates word bearers.

I could probably ease off of heresy if I was accepted maybe even offer them to my misses as a peace offering and army to get her into the game

Sorry for the late replies chaps, I've been rather busy the last couple of days.

NovemberXI: I'm sure that with all of the things you've mentioned, you can manage to get a 1'000 point list together ;)

Grotsmasha: Fluff accepted, welcome to the Tale!

emperors immortal: A shame that you can't join, but thanks for following the Tale!

Corsair: Great! Looking forward to reading the fluff you've come up with.

Excubitor: Just waiting for the test model picture and you're good to go!

Demus Ragnok: Looking good! Just need the fluff now to add you to the list.

Jaspcat: There are still auite a few slots to fill, so if this kind of challenge rocks your boat, you're welcome to join!

Musketeer12: Yep, still about 10 space left!

Heres is the requested fluff and army list to accompany my test models.

The call had come and the Crimson Fists had answered. The Geledos Crusade had finally begun in earnest after years of vital preparation and logistical management, the raising of fresh Imperial Guard regiments and the gathering of honoured Astartes Chapters. Many had heeded the Imperium's call to arms to liberate the Denzarr Sector from the corrupt forces of the Gods of Chaos, and Pedro Kantor had been among the first of the Astartes Chapter Masters to pledge the loyalty and fighting power of his Chapter to the cause of the Crusade.

Since the tragedy of the Rynn's World disaster the re-building of the Crimson Fists Chapter had been a steady but necessarily slow process. Despite the Chapters desperate need of new recruits to replace the grevious loss of nearly the entire Chapter's Battle-Brothers on their home world, Pedro Kantor would not risk rushing the recruitment process of fresh Initiates. Ancient traditions, old as the very Chapter itself would be upheld and adhered to, and rightly so, the high standards those recruits would have to meet if they were to become the Battle-Brothers that would form the Chapte's lifesblood would not be compromised.

The newest of the Scouts recently promoted from the 10th company had endured many trials and been deployed in various engagements to hone their skills and forge a strong warrior-bond, and they had excelled in everthing asked of them.

Now they were ready to stand as Full, honoured Astartes of the Crimson Fists and bloody themselves in the conflicts to come that would test their resolve, their skill at arms and their faith in the Emperor and His Holy work. Under the tutelage of the Chapter Veterans, Pedro Kantor had every faith that these Battle-Brothers would stand tall and defiant in the face of the horrific foes they were to face and earn much glory and honour in the eyes of Dorn and the Emperor.

The Call had come and the Crimson Fists had answered. The Geledos Crusade had begun.

Hope thats okay and I'll add my army list later. msn-wink.gif

Mike.

This sounds amazing. I pledge my Angels of Redemption. I like the idea of writing some fluff but to warn everyone I have not written anything since primary school. You are warned! Lol.

Here we go.

********* incoming transmission *********

- Authority Alpha -

*** Objective confirmed. Denzarr Sector ***

*** Track and apprehend. The monastary follows your path! ***

*** Acceptable collateral levels? ***

*** The objective is priority! Secrets of the 1st! ***

*** confirmed. ***

********* end transmission *********

The motion of the Thunderhawk would usually comfort veteran Sargent Castiel before an insertion to a hostile world. The feel of the gunship shifting direction, the roar of the engines forcing it forward, the drop in momentum as the nose hits the atmosphere and the violent reverberations that follow. Something he had done countless times before and would do countless more!

But not this time. This time there was no comfort. Sitting in the Thunderhawk eyeing the rest of his unit 4 of his brothers checking and re checking there Heavy bolters the other 5 doing the same with there boltguns. Looking down at his own Storm bolter and flexing the fingers on his power fist remembering the day they where passed on to him and he took command of the unit 60 years previous. That day he had taken command was the day this had all started! The reason he had been given this unit! This command! This task! It was the reason he was now sitting across the cargo hold of a Thunderhawk looking into the cold eyes of a beast of an Astartes clad in Jet Black tactical Dreadnought armour with a helm of ceramite shaped in the visage of a skull. Interrogator Chaplain Arzal had received the call to join the crusade to purge the Denzarr sector. With the chaplain, Castiel and veteran assault Sargent Isiah. The two most senior members of 5th company in this strike force the decision was made to join the crusade.

After all , they had already been in this sector for some time searching for there true quarry!

****** Transmission Alpha Oscar Romeo ******

Angels of redemption Strike force Kalai.

Eager to purge the Heretics

ETA 3 months.

****** Transmission over *******

Standing around the holographic display the 2 Sargent and the Chaplain weighed the options. The crusade had yet to begin, the forces of the imperium still gathering there strength. None could be trusted so far! It would be a least 2 years before the Monastary would arrive. The ancient Fortress Monastary of the Angels of Redemption had been on campaign to far away to help. No other sons of the Lion had as yet arrived. Imperial Guard regiments, space marine chapters and many other forces of the imperium had gathered to cleanse the sector of traitors. And there lies the complication.

"So how do you suggest we proceed brother? If we fight alongside our allies we run the risk of them knowing our secrets."

"Yes. Which means we can command the fight and keep them away from any .... Complications. And terminate any that arrive!"

" Your suggesting we kill loyal imperial soldiers? Astartes?!"

"Brother Castiel we have both done these deeds before to keep our shame from falling in to the wrong hands. You now have a change of heart?"

"Brother Isiah! That does not mean we should make the decision lightly. If we avoid fighting alongside our allies we may be able to complete our objectives without arousing suspicion."

" The traitor Kalai must be captured..."

Chaplain Arzal raises a hand silencing both of them immediately. The gesture wasn't needed the chaplains presence would have had the same effect alone.

" The Monastary and the rest of 5th company are out of support range. We have yet to see any of the 1st join the crusade. We have been tracking the traitor for 60 years! We will not lose him again!

We will join the crusade. We will fight where we need to. We will keep the rest of the forces our of our way. And if an complications arrive we will eliminate them! "

Interrogator chaplain

Terminator armoury- 140 points

Deathwing Squad

Assault cannon

X2 chainfist

x1 thunder Hammer + Storm Shield - 255points

Devastator squad x10

Veteran sargeant

Power fist

Storm bolter

X4 heavy bolter -210points

Tactical squad x 10

Heavy Bolter

Flamer

veteran Sargent

combi Flamer - 165 points

Tactical squad x10

Veteran Sargent

thunder hammer

Combi plasma

Plasma gun

Plasma cannon - 220 points

Assault squad x 10

Veteran sargent

Twin Lightning Claws

X2 Flamer - 220 points

1210 points

gallery_72636_8563_292254.jpg

Additional support pledged. Fire Raptor Gunship.

Hope this is acceptable.

Cheers.

Edited due to updates and list alterations.

I'd love to be involved! I'll be building and painting Crimson Fists.

Now, I've already fully painted 2 test models and have a third guy underway. Can they still be included?

Cheers!

Edit- These are the test models :

gallery_26383_8310_37702.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_4897.jpg

Stunning shade of blue there mate

Epistolary Oren Maddox waded through waves of crashing madness. He navigated the tides of the Empyrean almost unthinkingly, though certainly not unaware of the dangers stalking him.

Thankfully, he did not have to work too hard. Though their physical distance was almost as far as it was possible to be, in the Warp his mind was drawn to that of his counterpart in much the same way that the carrion-daemons were even-now being drawn to him.

Maddox grinned to himself; he doubted his friend would appreciate that comparison.

A veil parted before him suddenly, dragged aside by unseen hands. The tides ceased lapping at him. The daemons disappeared, silent but not forgotten.

He had arrived.

He stepped from the realm of madness into a room much like any other found on a warship of the Adeptus Astartes – taller than was typical, but not truly large in any true sense of the word, with its most positive trait being a certain efficiency of design. A frayed purple tapestry hung from the bulkhead above a battered iron table that stood bolted to the deck. There were two over-sized chairs of the same material placed facing each other, though only one was currently occupied.

Bellisarius LaCroix, Rose Among Thorns (among many other such grandiose titles), and Master of the Librarium of the Lords of Midnight sat stiffly in one of the chairs, face heavily scarred and shadowed by the grasping claw of his psychic hood. The old Librarian ran fingers through his shock of white hair, smiling briefly up at Maddox and nodding to the other chair.

Maddox looked down at himself, noticing that he wore an identical smock to the Lord of Midnight, including the lunar eclipse heraldry of the Chapter, complete with the thorned vines that made up the Master’s personal livery.

“It is good to see you, old friend,” Maddox grinned as he dragged the chair out with his foot. “But you know I hate it when you play dress ups with me.”

He concentrated – and, he had to admit (if only to himself) that it took a great deal of concentration to overwhelm the prowess of the old Librarian – and altered the attire his projection wore; white, monastic robes were replaced with loose black slacks, heavy boots, and a crimson shirt. He left the hood off; it was not necessary to project it here, and in truth he had always hated the cumbersome thing.

“My apologies, brother, but I am more used to breaking novices here than I am dealing with a peer," the smile slid from LaCroix's face. "I am afraid that old habits die hard."

“And new ones form, apparently,” Maddox finally sat crookedly, feet crossed to the left of the table, relaxed and informal compared to the stiff posture of his compatriot. Their Chapters had a long-held relationship of honour, friendship, and blood-debt, but that was hardly enough to stop him from tweaking his old friend's nose. “It is rare indeed to be called for this kind of conference at such short notice, and never with such persistence.”

“It is not a social call, I promise you.”

“I did not expect it was,” Maddox assumed a more serious mien. “Tell me, brother, why do you call upon me at this time, from most of a galaxy away?”

“We need your help,” LaCroix looked away as he said the words, knuckles turning white where he gripped the table. Maddox sympathised – it was a difficult thing for any Space Marine to admit to, even to an honoured brother. "We need the aid of our honour-brothers."

“Then you shall receive it,” he said, simply. In truth, it would not be so easy as that, of course; he was just a Librarian, and such choices were not his to make.

But blood-debts are blood-debts, and that was the truth that mattered most.

"We committed to a Crusade, not far from the Dagmar system."A psychic projection appeared with a lazy wave of his hand, far more detailed than anything a holoprojector could manage in reality. It showed the home of the Lords of Midnight, spiralling outward to reveal first the sector, and then the Segmentum Tempestus as a whole.

"Manpower?"

"Full strength, barring a reserve force to defend our worlds." The Lords of Midnight had been burned before by over-committing to an Imperial Crusade and now always maintained a full company at home.

"And now?" Maddox suspected he would not like the answer.

"We have lost more than two-thirds of our number."

“Which enemy has struck at you?” Maddox was wide-eyed; this was worse than he could ever have imagined.

“No enemy, I’m afraid.” LaCroix still did not look him in the eye. "None but ourselves."

Oren Maddox felt his mouth drop open as LaCroix told a story of deceit; of brother turning upon brother.

A story of civil war.

---

“And that, Captain, is the whole of it.” Maddox said. He wiped a trickle of blood from his nostril, blackening the sleeve of his shirt; a typical side-effect of the long commune in the Warp. He would suffer worse for it later, no doubt.

“This is a dark tale you have told us, brother.” Captain Thrade stroked his black beard, sharing a look with the members of his advisory council that were present. “A dark, dark tale. What is your assessment?”

“It appears that the right side won in their little conflict, Captain, but it is difficult to tell how functional the Lords of Midnight will remain for the foreseeable future, or whether they can ever truly recover. The pain runs deep.”

“And your thoughts on how we should respond to their request?” Thrade’s eyes bored into him intently.

“They ask us to take on their own duties because weakness and corruption have decimated them,” Maddox snarled, angrier than he had realised at what had befallen their ally; what they had inflicted upon themselves. “They beg us for help to protect them from the truth being discovered by the Imperium. They cannot even spare a single company to Crusade in His name.”

“I did not ask for your opinion on their problems, brother,” Thrade snapped. “I asked for your recommended course of action,”

“I was just getting to that, Captain,” Maddox took a deep breath and repeated the words every battle-brother of their Chapter had recited since their founding.

“For the Emperor who built us,

For the Primarch Rogal Dorn and his Imperial Fists who moulded us,

For Fafnir Rann and his Executioners who birthed us,”

“We are the Tempest,” All the Space Marines present recited the words, “and friend or foe, we honour our debts.”

Truly, it was the only possible answer and all present knew it. The Lords of Midnight had brought the Tempest back from the brink of destruction all those years ago; now it was time to return the favour in kind.

“Inform LaCroix of this fact, brother,” Thrade stood, flexing his shoulders as though already imagining the heavy Terminator armour encasing his form. In truth, he did not seem overly displeased, despite the harsh assessment of their oldest allies.

It had been quite a while since their Chapter had gathered in strength; it was simply not the way they waged war.

“Aye, Captain,” Maddox replied, wincing slightly at the thought of such a taxing task so soon after his last sojourn into the Warp. Alas, such sensitive issues could not be trusted to the Astropaths.

“Rejoice, my brothers.” Captain Thrade said suddenly, a fierce grin on his face. “Though the circumstances be dire and our honoured brothers teeter upon the brink of heresy, there is still a point of light in the darkness.”

Maddox felt himself smile – he knew what was coming, and truly it had been too long.

“The Tempest are going crusading, brothers!” roared the Captain, “and where better for warriors such as we than the Segmentum that bears our name?”

Epistolary Maddox left the bridge still smiling. He would tell LaCroix that the Promethium Nightmare sailed for Segmentum Tempestus to do battle for the honour of the Lords of Midnight.

And woe betide any enemies of the Emperor who stood in the way of the coming storm.

- - -

So that is that.

Now for the embarrassing part: my army list!

As I said, I don't play, so I'm not really concerned about performance here at this stage (although I am thinking of playing at some stage).

My current goal is to use models I have that will give me the chance to convert and paint varied models that don't scare the crap out of me, so it's mainly infantry. My hope is that as I get in the habit of painting regularly, I'll continue on and paint up the huge amount of stuff I have had sitting their waiting for years and years (I am serious, I have several companies worth of grey plastic, fine cast, and even metal waiting for paint, including a lot of tanks).

The list:

Kantor

(185)

9 x Sternguard

2 x combi grav

2 x combi plas

Heavy Bolter

Heavy Flamer

Lightning Claw

(283)

Rhino

Dozer

Stormbolter

HK

(55)

6 x Scouts

Cloaks

Snipers

Missile Launcher

Flakk

(108)

10 x Tacticals

Missile Launcher

Flakk

Plasma Gun

Veteran Sergeant

Power Weapon

(205)

7 x Assaults

Veteran Sergeant

Melta Bombs

Power Weapon

Shield

2 x Flamers

(164)

1000pts total.

I haven't been able to paint up a test model as yet (I had forgotten that I lent my paints to a friend recently).

Getting them back on Tuesday, so I will have something up ASAP. I know exactly what scheme I want to do, so should be easy enough.

Hope the above is all good! Really excited about this.

Guest Musketeer12

Brother Captain Cain watched proudly as the Celestial Knights 3rd Company prepared to mount their Drop Pods and Thunderhawks, the launch bays of the vindictae furentis a hive of activity. His company was once again at full strength, the terrible losses of the Grentian Campaign replenished with new brothers ready to protect Mankind. He commanded one hundred and thirty one marines marines in all; the entirety of the Third, Scout Squads Frex and Inveus were already deployed, Sternguard Squad Dinamus and Terminator Squad Fabidus all stood ready to land Cosmar IV. The force under his command, sworn to him, was a force to fear but it was but one deployment in this campaign of vengeance. The whole chapter was deployed here, in the Cosmar sector to finally finish what Stonum started five millennia ago. Purge the Cosmar sector, and bring the honored dead home.

Cain looked on, watching as servitors marched on preset routes around the gathering marines and companions, making miniscule adjustments when their paths were obstructed; marines checking their weapons one last time, or went over the drop sites and expected resistance with their fellows; Chapter serfs scuttling around their charges, ensuring they had played their part in the preparations for yet another campaign. Every soul in the Launch bay expected an easy victory, but Cain knew that what awaited them below was..... the stuff of nightmares. Their foes were not, contrary to popular belief, beings of reality.

They were not to alike or dissimilar to the denizens of the Warp, being unnatural in every way possible but at the same time they was something real about them. Cain had seen the pictures, of Imperial citizens conjoined, no merged, with some kind of creature. Some had the heads of beasts of labor, others had malformed, bright pink arms. No mutation was the same, but none were totally dissimilar.

Cain remembered the stories and the reports, of Stonum's fall on Cosmar II. That was where Cain's brothers expected the main battle to be fought, and even know Lord Iaxeus and his force; the majority of the 1st company and the entirety of the 2nd and 7th companies; would be preparing to land just as the Third was now. Stonum had fallen surrounded by monsters, hacked down by living blades, torn to shreds by a wave of madness. Six hundred brothers had fallen during the darkest decade in the Lion's history, either trying to recover the Lord they loved so much or protecting him from the madness that engulfed them. Stonum's body was eventually recovered at great cost, but new reports had brought the Celestial Lions back to the Sector that had shaped them for five Millennial.

And now, the way it shaped them would end. The stain on their honor would be removed, their battle record made even more respectable by their actions on these worlds, or they  would die with the Emperor's word on their lips, fire in their hearts and devotion in their eyes...

THE CELESTIAL LIONS THIRD COMPANY

HQ

Captain Dracuvan Cain- 120PTS

Melta Bombs, Power Sword

Chaplain Ventro- 108pts

Digital Weapons, Storm Bolter

Troops

Tactical Squad Akios- 185pts

10man, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad Lychom- 190pts

10man, Lascannon, Plasma Gun

Scout Squad Frax- 105pts

Camo Cloaks, Bolters, Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs

Elites

Sternguard Squad Brutus-  155pts

5 Combi-Flamers, Melta Bombs

Razorback 'Hand of Justice' 40pts

Ancient Brother Calipsus- 205pts

Lascannon, Extra- Armour

TOTAL POINTS= 1005

(Please Note this is using the old codex until i have the new one)

Musket

Holy Throne! The wait to see if I got in to this is killing me lol.

Corsair.

Your fluff sounds awesome. Can't wait to read more on it!

Thanks a lot mate :) everything I've seen in here so far has been really cool, methinks this is going to be awesome.

There will definitely be more writing on my behalf as well - it's the one part of this hobby I'm alright at haha

Here's my army list.

Crimson Fists  1,000pts

Pedro Kantor                  185

10 Tac Marines - Plasma gun, Heavy Bolter, Combi-Plasma      175

5 Scouts - Sniper rifles, Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher      84

5 Sternguard Veterans - 2 Combi-Plasmas, Plasma gun     155

5 Sternguard Veterans - 2 Combi-Meltas, Meltagun  150

5 Devastaors - 4 Lascannons     150

Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsons

I may change it around slightly, thinking 4 Lascannons in the Devastaors is overkill.

Mike

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/8DDB281B-7426-4E3E-A107-F04CA89DF533-17283-00002B0DCFE81A69_zpseb4c3ad9.jpg

With apologies to grammar, syntax and the English language. Here's the fluff.

++ Transmission recieved++

***priority request***

The strike cruiser Avenging Vigilance had been away from home for far too long. With the reception of their latest request, they'd be away longer still. Venerant Captain Tallis Dega conferenced with his command council, Chaplain Kurrican, Epistolary Alastor, Apothercary Hrada, and Forge Lord Abielle to be briefed on the latest petition for their forces.

"...Lord Geledos is requesting all available Imperials to assist in his crusade to retake Denzarr" the Epistolary finished his report.

The Venerant Captain looked upon the holotank, ready to make a decision upon this latest request. He considered the many details, he considered the location. They would be heading directly away from the Spite of Glatisant, their new home after the tragedy that befell the November home. They would have the chance to fight the traitors responsible for that tragedy.

"Then we make ready for war, if the arch enemy holds the Denzarr system, then we will take it from them. Abielle, what condition are the recovered war engines?"

The Forge Lord's cold rasping mechanical voice began, "The Nietono is near ready, its MagnaMelta has been repaired, it's brother Torch of Lamies will have it's motive drive soon repaired, but the Storm Eagle Thunderhead will require the most work. It will be ready once we are on station at best."

The captain turned towards his chaplain.

"The men are like a keen blade, ready to be drawn in anger, more so against the traitor than any other" Chaplain Kurrican's voice resolute.

Apothecary Hrada ever the minority voice spoke, "Captain, though we may take glory, and we may punish the traitor, but what of the rebuilding efforts? Honor though we may gain from this vengeance, we cannot gamble so lightly with the few of our brothers that remain".

Dega looked to his old friend, realistically he understood why they should not take this crusade, any brother lost would be a significant blow to the survival of their fraternity, they numbered less than 300 now. On his own strike cruiser was less than 50, including those around him presently. What he spoke next would determine the continued lineage of the November IX.

"Hrada, we as the November Warriors could ignore this request with no loss of face, none would question us. None save for ourselves, if we ignored this righteous request for help against the Arch Enemy, I, and every one of our brothers here could not say we carried the honor of the IX forth. Our return home will be a victory voyage, and will return to strengthen our fraternity. For we will fight as if we are thrice the force. We Will Prevail."

Hrada smiled, "It will be as you say captain, For the Glory of the IX, for the Honor of November".

In unison all there repeated the battle cry used for so long, and made to prepare for war.

Army list:

Legion Centurion Forge Lord.....85pts

Legion Terminator Squad......230

Legion Tactical Squad.....275

Legion Assault Squad......290

Contemptor Dreadnought......190

Predator Infernus......145

Predator Executioner......135

Total 1350

Bonus Storm Eagle.....265...maybe....

Edit:updating my list based on what models I actually have.

Archived