A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - All slots filled, sign up closed!

Dosjetka

Edited in an old pic of some nearly finished marines in place of a 'test' pic as my camera's down for the count and not sure when I'll get access to another...hopefully will figure out something soon

With the threat of the remaining warbands of Waaaagh! Skullkrak still at large, the Raven Guard’s Third Company resources were stretched thin. However, the Chapter’s neophytes always require training against a multitude of foes, not just the hated greenskin. With the disastrous events on Kastorel-Novem, the Raven Guard needed to replace their losses quickly and efficiently. The rumoured Geledos Crusade, to reclaim Imperial territory from all manner of enemies, potentially provided the battlefields the Chapter sought after.

The Master of Shadow requested a candidate, a protégé to one of his Shadow Captains, to lead a small strikeforce of battle brothers to train the next generation of Battle Brothers. Shadow Captain Shrike saw potential for his most trusted warrior, Brother Meleriex, Champion of the 3rd Company to show his worth. Since Korvydae’s interment into the Deathwatch, a replacement to lead the 10th Company was in need.  Shrike could see the intent of the Shadow Master’s message. It is not just scouts requiring training, but the future leaders of the Chapter also. Shrike had another hidden agenda for his young apprentice. Reports had reached the Shadow Captain of the devious Warboss Skullkrak sending groups of boyz into Segmentum Tempestus to recruit Orks factions to start a second Waaaagh! This was another opportunity to sow dread and fear into the Boyz lead by Skullkrak. For Skullkrak’s emissaries, if Orks could ever have such a thing, to disappear into the shadows of space never to return would sow more disruption. A way to break the Orks for good as possible champions would seek to usurp Skullkrak leadership.

With Meleriex accepted and given the rank of acting Captain he was assigned command of Strikeforce Umbra Avium, the Shadow Birds. It will comprise of veterans of the 1st and 3rd companies as a training cadre in charge of several squads of scouts. Their mission, to strike from the shadows and hunt the enemies of the Imperium.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN2730_zpsebde921c.jpg

I'd like to add the beginnings of my Raven Guard force to this project if there is an available slot. 

1000 point list

Space Marine Captain w/jump pack/twin lightning claws/melta bombs

Vanguard Veteran Squad (5) w/2 storm shields/power axe/2 melta bombs

Sergeant w/storm shield/power axe

Tactical squad (10) w/combi-flamer/flamer/heavy bolter

Tactical squad (10) w/combi-plasma/plasmagun/missile launcher

Scout squad (5) w/ 5 camo cloaks/4 sniper rifles/heavy bolter w/hellfire shells

Scout bikes (6) w/2 grenade launchers/melta bombs

Stormtalon w/skyhammer missiles

Cheers,

Brother Tancred

YES THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TALE OF FOUR GAMERS THAT WHITE DWARF USED TO DO BACK WHEN IT WAS GOOD

I would seriously like to do this, I'm considering a Force of the Inquisition, lead by inquisitors and featuring an all henchmen army, with zero or no actual Grey Knights. Would this be alright???
Also I may include a 'deathwatch' contingent in the force, using the normal grey knights rules.

If so, and if there is space, I'll get to work on test models and a list right away 

:ph34r:

P.S. Does anyone know whether the Sisters of Battle codex has rules for using inquisitors and their henchmen?? If so which would be best, the Grey Knights or sisters of battle dex, for this kind of list??

Good luck Musketeer12, I hope it's nothing bad and will clear up quickly and painlessly.

To the rest of you: sorry for the lack of replies, I have been quite busy these last few days. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions/requests within the next couple of days.

Looks like we have lost a fair few posts thanks to another crash. Hopefully a decent backup will be restored and we'll get most of it back. Feel really bad for everyone that has lost something sad.png

In the meantime, I've painted a test model - I know there's probably a good chance this might disappear, but I will chuck it up anyway. My phone camera doesn't do timestamps, so I hope the screenshot with the photo data open in Photoshop will be sufficient.

Brother Aedt

Image Reference: Aedt//Trooper(crossref:'battle-brother'//Tactical_Troop_Turellik//V//The_Tempest

Trooper Aedt, plasma gunner of Tactical Troop Turellik, is a perfect example of the strange habits and debased culture of the Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes known as the Tempest.

Wearing a bastardised mix of power armour marks, Aedt is further differentiated from the norm by his wielding of a sub-pattern of plasma gun modified for close combat, as well as an older, higher callibre mark of bolt-pistol in the off hand. Worse still, he also wears a short-bladed "boarding sword" across his back - a direct contravention, need I remind you, my Lord, of the Codex: Astartes rules for standard Tactical Squad equipment.

This barbarian further tarnishes the name of his Chapter by wearing a trophy - in this case, the left hand of a heretic of the renegade warband known as the Knights of the War God - in the same manner as their debased forebears, the Executioners, might; such talismans are common throughout the Chapter.

Finally, Aedt's armour bears none of the Codex-approved markings one would expect from a Space Marine; instead, he is daubed at shoulders and knees with primitive glyphs and swirling designs, and his helm is adorned in crimson around the right eye, none of which make any sense to my learned mind, and thus must be some debased form of gang sign or, dare I say it, something more nefarious still.

All of this points to the frankly heretical influence of their recruitment source: the so-called mobile space station known as the Serendipity,and the negative impact it has had upon what may well once have been as righteous and upstanding a Chapter as your own. This jumped-up space hulk has long been a festering canker in the Imperium, and those living aboard are worse than the renegades they supposedly fight against.

It is my humble opinion, my lord, that the Tempest are a danger to this crusade and to the Imperium itself. I know not why they have come in place of the Lords of Midnight to fight at our side, but I assure you that it is far from an ideal trade. I recommend that you, with my own blessing, move to engage and terminate their vanguard force before the rest of the Chapter arrives in strength.

One last thing, my Lord: Beware the Promethium Nightmare.

- Source Unknown

And the proof:

Aedt with Camera Data

Apologies for the quality of the photo - it was taken with my phone and it was late in the day. Apologies also for the quality of the paint job...I don't have any excuses there, haha! The shoulder designs need neatening up and more glazes to bring them together; the idea is that there should almost appear to be nothing on them at all unless the light catches them a certain way. Also not 100% sure about the amount of red; I might wind up changing the weapon colours if they don't come together well as a squad.

Ok, here is my application for this.

“Fleet master report”. Geherus’ booming augmetic voice sounded through the chamber. Standing on the command dais at the centre of the bridge, the looming figure of the Iron Captain in his archaic suit of armour was an island of dark in a sea of glowing screens and hololithic displays. He stood staring at a single screen however, a view of the planet that the gathered flotilla approached through the warp.

“My lord, all appears in readiness for translation back to realspace. All captains are reporting optimal conditions throughout the fleet. We should reach the Denzarr sector warp gate in a matter of hours,” reported the fleet master, a severe looking man.
Like many of the most senior serfs of the chapter, the fleet master had taken it upon himself to remove his left hand and replace it with a augmetic. Even though it was an inferior copy of his masters, the sentiment and display of loyalty was noted.

“Good, translate as soon as we reach the optimal position,” Geherus turned and stepped off the dais. He could and often did command the vessel personally, but needed to attend to other matters. Such as the member of his company standing in the doorway. This astartes was of a smaller build than the captain, paler as well. The armour was patterned differently, more ornate and with the hood of the librarius displayed proudly.

The librarius were a necessary evil, especially with the very high probability of xenos or traitor witchery present within the sector.

“Brother, you are to take the Ironborn and form the beach head when we are within range of the planet.” Geherus waved a hand over a nearby console, bringing up a hologram map. “Secure the area. Take Ancient Marat with you, you will be grateful of his power.”

“My lord, we will raise the storm”

Army list

Its a 30k army list, I hope that's ok. If it isn't, I should be able to change it to a standard 40k army list.

Legion Centurion

Librarian

Mastery Level 1 95pts

Legion tactical squad

Combi-plasma 160pts

Legion tactical squad

Combi-plasma 160pts

Contemptor Mortis

2 Kheres pattern assault cannons

Havoc Launcher 195s

Legion Heavy Support squad

5 plasma cannons 210pts

Seeker squad 175pts

Here is my test model

gallery_18769_8974_21224.jpg

The plan was for each of you to divide your army list into 5 parts of roughly 200 points each and then paint whatever section you'd like to paint in whichever order you'd like to paint it in, so it's really up to you :)

There will be a conversion challenge somewhere in the Tale, but as long as you have at least one unbuilt unit you'll be fine.

The plan was for each of you to divide your army list into 5 parts of roughly 200 points each and then paint whatever section you'd like to paint in whichever order you'd like to paint it in, so it's really up to you smile.png

There will be a conversion challenge somewhere in the Tale, but as long as you have at least one unbuilt unit you'll be fine.

Cool.

Corsair: You're in, welcome :)

reaper_man: Yep, Legion army list is fine :tu: Welcome!

+ + + + +

I've edited the list, adding the missing people, and moved the list to the first post of the thread to make it more visible. There are currently 6 slots left, so to those who got their posts deleted or who haven't yet posted anything, you'd better hurry up!

Here is my submission ( hope I'm not too late ).

A Storm of Chaos surges through the Warp, bearing down on the embattled worlds of the Denzarr sector.

The warhost of Xaphan Vaul , Warlord of the Black Legion , marches to war.
Many are the foes that have fallen at Xaphan's hand. Many are the worlds that he has reduced to ruin.
The Warlord Xaphan's brutality and savagery in war is matched by that of his bodyguard of chaos marines.
The Abyssal Reavers. Black Legion Traitors. Clad in  rune encrusted armour , these dread warriors are veterans of The Long War.
Their hatred of the Imperium and desire to see it destroyed remains undimmed, even after long millennia of conflict.

The Storm grows more intense , more destructive as it forges forward.

At the orders of their liege lord , Warpsmiths work feverishly in the depths of their hellish foundries.
Using corrupt rituals and bloody alchemy the Warpsmiths forge chaotic battle machines for the coming war.
Fiends are created. Part beast . Part machine . Part Deamon.
Once their shackles and chains are removed , these terrible war engines will unleash hellfire and devastation upon any brave - or foolish - enough to face them in battle.

The Storm now rages , growing in its size and strength.

Emissaries and ambassadors arrive at the court of Xapahn Vaul. Sent by other Chaos Champions , they declare support for the Warlord and his coming black crusade.
The Brotherhood of Plague join in alliance with the The Abyssal Reavers.
Fearsome warriors , the Brotherhood are devotees of Grandfather Nurgle. The Lord of Flies. The Master of Pestilence.
Pox-ridden , bloated with corruption , the Brotherhood of Plague seeks not just dark glory in battle, but to share the gifts of their benevolent god. Despair. Disease. Death.

The Storm reaches its full height. Its size and strength are now gigantic. It consumes all  unfortunate enough to cross its path. Those lucky enough to survive are trapped within its turbulent heart.

Others follow at the heels of Xaphan and his Reavers.
Renegades. Traitors . Warp spawned creatures.
All are lured by the promises of what is to come from Xaphan's Black Crusade.
Plunder. War. Slaughter.

The Storm breaks with unimaginable ferocity over the blighted worlds of the Denzarr sector.

With Traitor Marines at its head , an army of The Lost and the Damned is unleashed in savage war and bloody conquest.

The Time of Chaos has come...

Army List

Chaos Lord -
Bike. Mark of Nurgle. Lightning Claw. Power Fist.

3 x Plague Marines - 5 Plague Marines. 2 x Plasma Gun

Chaos Bikes - 4 x bikes. 2 x melta gun. Champion with Power Axe.

Heldrake - Baleflamer

Havocs - 5 x Havocs. 4 x Autocannon.

Total = 1000 points

( photograph of test Black Legion and Plague Marine to follow )

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/john123418/PIC_0105.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/john123418/PIC_0103.jpg

Now posted test pics - very basic Black Legion ( going for 2nd edition old school look )  and Brotherhood of Plague ( now I've painted this test mini not too happy with the scheme - maybe I will go with the 2nd edition Death Guard look - all dark green and black ).

Hmmm the more I look at that test model, the more unhappy I am with aspects of the armour. Is there an issue if I repaint or mess with the scheme slightly as long as it fundamentally stays the same? I'm just thinking of dulling the blue and red down, maybe altering the weapon colours,

In all honesty, I like the blue you've done; the markings on it especially make it stand out, as does the red eye marking. I agree with the red though, a change to that, or keeping the red chest eagle and changing the weapon colours, could work. One thing is I found the Iron Halo a bit plain, maybe add a layer of metallic (gold or bronze?) to the Iron Halo to make it stand out a bit more?

On a different note, got most of the fluff re-written, and starting to expand it a bit further to show the crusades arrival in-system.

In all honesty, I like the blue you've done; the markings on it especially make it stand out, as does the red eye marking. I agree with the red though, a change to that, or keeping the red chest eagle and changing the weapon colours, could work. One thing is I found the Iron Halo a bit plain, maybe add a layer of metallic (gold or bronze?) to the Iron Halo to make it stand out a bit more?

On a different note, got most of the fluff re-written, and starting to expand it a bit further to show the crusades arrival in-system.

Thanks for the feedback mate, I'll experiment and see how I go.

Hey guys, I've just realised I've everything that was lost backed up in emails as I've tracked this topic. P.M. and I can email you your lost fluff and lists. Alternatively, Ludovic, I could just forward them all to you if you'd like.

EDIT: I've got Lord Lee and Silver Pheonix's Lists and stories, and Excubitor's story.

Cheers,

Jono

Inquisitor assassin Apateon smiled blithely at the guards, standing rigid outside the General's control room, their armour crudely repainted in sombre reds and a dark, swirling purple, a grinning skull staring back at her from each guardsmen's chests. She moved on, continuing past them, stepping through the plasteel doors into the inner sanctum of the heretic general.

Pausing, she quickly examined her surroundings, taking in the dark purple wall hangings, each inlaid with a grinning purple skull, trimmed with red. Dotted evenly around the room were alcoves, from which emanated the faint sound of gears turning as the shadowed forms of servitors stood, receiving countless streams of data. What little light illuminated the room came from the holo-displays which lay on the huge circular table, dominating the room with its stark impassive form.

Colonel Thon Djarnis stood silhouetted against the light, the leader of the rebel forces here on Falurnis Prime, located within the Galactic region known as the Denzarr sector. The embattled colonel, looked up her entrance, staring at her with red-rimmed eyes, which saw her as a black hooded figure, one of the preachers who first spread the whispers of rebellion on this planet. Apateon turned around, closing the giant doors, which swung smoothly inwards on oiled hinges, the thunk of the two slabs meeting caused the General's head to jerk up in alarm. Apateon grinned within the cowls of her cloak, turning back around and walking languidly towards her prey.

'There have been rumours colonel...' she whispered, using his previous rank instead of his newly anointed one.

'Rumours of what?' the general replied cautiously.

'That your loyalty is being tested. That you no longer believe in our cause with the utmost of your being.'

'Loyalty?' the general sputtered, 'My loyalty to the Brethren's cause is unquestionable.'

'I wasn't talking about that particular....loyalty.' the asassin replied, her voice dripping with contempt as she continued to move forward, her hands reaching for the c'tan phase blade which lay hidden in the folds of her robes.

'What..... what do you mean??' the general asked, fear creeping into his previously indignant tone.

Apateon dashed forward, letting her polymorphine disguise fall, her C'tan phase blade reaching out and transfixing the generals Adam's apple, forced him to the floor, his body convulsing as his hands reached towards the object which so cruelly stopped his breath.

The assassin leaned forwards, bringing her face within an inch of the dying generals, and whispered, 'I was talking about your loyalty to the Imperium. That I'm sure is something I have every right to question.'

Contemptuously, Apateon pushed the corpse off her hissing blade, pulling a small object from her belt as she did so. It was a locator beacon, wrought in the shape of a two headed raven, the symbol of Lord Inquisitor Kyr Strandhogg. She placed the beacon within the general's gaping mouth,pressing her thumb into the small indent which activated the transmitter, stating simply as she did so,
'This world awaits your redemption lord.'

Turning away, Apateon re-assumed her disguise and walked towards the doors, opening them wide. She walked straight past the guards, whose gazes remained fixed on the distance. Smiling, she walked straight past, her pace unhurried, taking care to maintain a semblance of normality.

After turning the corner, Apateon allowed herself a small smile.

She could hardly wait for the real fun to begin.

Lord Inquisitor Kyr Strandhogg's Inquisitorial strikeforce

HQ

Lord Inquisitor Kyr Strandhogg (Uses rules for Inquisitor Coteaz)

100pts

Inquisitor Loptr Askel

• Ordo Malleus inquisitor w/ daemonblade, power armour
  • Mastery Level 1

78pts

Elites

Inquisitor Assassin Apateon (Callidus assassin)

145pts

Inquisitor Assassin Dianoia (Vindicare assassin)

145 pts

Troops

'Kyr's Shadows' Inquistorial henchmen

• 1 mystic
  • 2 Jokaero Weaponsmiths
  • 3 warrior acolytes with carapace armour and plasma guns
  • 5 warrior acolytes with carapace armour and hot shot lasguns
  • Inquisitorial Chimera

254pts

Loptr's Dirty Dozen

• 2 death cult assassins
  • Daemonhost
  • 1 Banisher w/eviscerator
  • 3 warrior acolytes with meltaguns and carapace armour
  • Jokaero Weaponsmith
  • 3 Warrior acolytes with Carapace armour and hot shot lasguns
  • Inquistorial chimera w/ storm bolter

276pts

Total: 998pts

Here is the test model, he was finished really quickly, hence the shoddy painjob, but the basic colour scheme is there. I may swap the colour of the clothes and the armour, but otherwise this is my test model (please don't judge my painting skills on it biggrin.png) Also this model is wearing flak armour and I plan on converting all my guardsmen to wear carapace armour, so this model most likely won't be in the final force.

test model

ph34r.png

Going off memory here as currently sitting in Subway. Go to the image in your gallery. Top right hand corner there is a box that says options. Click on this will drop a menu. Select share links. Will bring up a box with 4 sets of text. You need to copy and paste the one that says bb code next to it in to your post. Hope this helps.

Archived