A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - All slots filled, sign up closed!

Dosjetka

How are you going in to it? I vaguely remember having this problem as well and found I was going in to the gallery a certain way which caused it. It may not help but the way I do it is if you go to the tiny down arrow next to your name in the top left there should be a my gallery in the bottom right of the drop down menu. It may seem a bit obvious but I was having this issue because I was going through the my content option. If this doesn't help try messaging Kurgan the Lurker he was a massive help when I had the issue.

Good luck.

Ok second try :)

The 898th Andorian Guard

Prime Hector (Lord General) Gordon Luke Alexander looked down at the slate in his hands once again, not believing they could be so lucky. The 898th had been diverted from their original war front against an Ork incursion to some dead end backwater Sector by the name of Denzarr, that in its self is of no notice, his forces would fight the Emperors enemies no matter where they are but in his hand he held a list of crusade forces that his 898th would be joining. No less that nine Chapters of the Emperors Space Marines had already committed to the crusade, "Connect me" he said to the Techpriest as he leaned forward into the light of the holo projector.

The image of the Prime Hector appeared in every training hall, every mock battle field, every room of note that the 898th currently occupied in the holds of the crusades battle fleet.

"The Emperor has given us a gift, a chance and by his will high command has granted us the honour and privilege of being the first Imperial Guard Regiment to assault the stronghold of the enemy but we are not alone in bringing the light of the Imperium back to Denzarr" the holo flickers to show changing shots of Astartes "We fight with the Emperors Angels of Death, we fight with the Saviors of Andoria, we fight with the Imperial Fists, death to the enemies of the Emperor and glory to the Andorian Guard"

Army List

HQ

Company Command Squad with Iron hand Straken, 2 meltaguns, vox caster and 2 bodyguards. 200pts.

Elites

Marbo. 65pts.

10 Storm Troopers with plasma pistol, power weapon and 2 meltaguns. 205pts.

Troops

Platoon Command Squad with power weapon, vox caster, grenade launcher and heavy bolter.

Infantry Squad with vox caster, grenade launcher and heavy bolter.

Infantry Squad with vox caster, grenade launcher and heavy bolter.

200pts.

Platoon Comand Squad with power weapon, vox caster, 2 flamers and heavy flamer.

Infantry Squad with power weapon and vox caster.

Infantry Squad with power weapon.

200pts.

Fast Attack

Mogul Kamir with 9 Rough Riders and 2 meltaguns. 130pts.

And the pic will be in my gallery like before.

Thanks

Lord Lee.

Also prime you will need to edit out the point costs from your army list, the individual point cost are not allowed to be posted.

Lord Lee.

Ok I'll step up to the plate on this with my very own custom built chapter, The Shadow Scorpions. Test model currently in progress so hopefully get a pic posted later tonight

Edit:

Test Model:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/5623f41f-e614-4f5a-891b-3dfa44132f83_zpsb4e7ce6d.jpg

Army List

Detarian - Captain, 3rd Cohort, Master of the Fleet

Terminator Armour

Burning Blade

Storm Bolter

Sternguard Squad x6

2x Combi Plasma

2x Combi Melta

2x Combi Grav

Tactical Squad x10

Missile Launcher

Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad x7

Plasma Gun

Devastator Squad

2x Lascannon

2x Missile Launcher

Stormraven 

Multimelta

Lascannons

Total: 1000 pts

And now some fluff. Apologies for the long winded-ness of it but was attempting to set the scene, C&C welcome at all times

The air in the sanctum remained still despite the vibrations rippling their way across the walls. Even here, buried meters within the thickest possible armour plating, a translation from the Warp was always felt. The warrior seated on the solitary chair in the chamber barely gave the shrieking of the hull a seconds’ thought. He had lived through the sensation a thousand times and had no reason to think this would be his last. The chair itself would to all other eyes appear to be a throne but he refused to think of it as such. There was only one Throne in the Imperium and it was already occupied, now and forever.

Instead he continued his contemplation of the scroll before him. It was ancient enough that he could not even touch it with his bare hands lest the papyrus break apart so instead he used a microsuspension field to hold the scroll in place and read its contents.  Veronai verse could be tedious but was renowned for its philosophical undertones. The thought made the warrior smile. A warrior should be more than the weapons and wounds he bears was one of his favourites, despite it being written by an effeminate coward who had never lifted so much as a knife in violence. Not everyone possessed the courage to take up a blade; such was the sad truth of the human race.

The faintest tap tap tap drew his attention to the door before three heavy blows landed upon the wooden panelling. Turning to face the entrance he spoke in a measured yet firm voice, utterly inhuman; “Come”

The door slide aside to admit a demi god, wearing merely the robes of his order as dictated by the ancient Veronai tradition of not bearing arms or armour into the presence of lord and master. Cuffs of consecrated gold strained against the corded muscles of his wrists and the dark blue silk covering his torso did little to hide the massive bulk beneath. His voice, in contrast to his lord’s was clear and cold, with the faintest echo to each word.

“The astropaths have completed communion. Five of the seven have made contact with the sector duct and three have received identical psychometric resonance. All five match the readings of the Tarot taken by myself and Kalaglion before we put to space. There can be no doubt.”

Detarian rose from his chair, ordering his thoughts carefully for what he was sure was to follow. “Both you and your apprentice are confident in the veracity of this message, despite its obvious age? We can ill afford to be chasing ghosts Deathwalker” he said as he slipped his biometric identifier ring on his finger.

Garvian the Deathwalker, Master Kantarae kept his face impassive. Some would see insult in his work being questioned in such a way but he tolerated it. His lord lacked his insight, and therefore acted with a degree of caution as was proper. He understood that the facts would speak for themselves; he merely had to provide them. “I’m satisfied my lord. My reading of the Tarot was simply for my own curiosity. Kalaglion will take the 3rd rite of mastery when we return to the spire; his divinatory abilities are actually quite impressive. If he wasn’t such a rod-up-his-arse I’d be prepared to mentor him further.

In any event the message itself might have been old originally but it has been repeatedly broadcast, using fresh cyphers for years. There can be no doubt.” He repeated just to emphasise that he would not be altering his counsel. “The arm call has been given. Geledos, the blood thirsty bastard that he is, has finally slipped his leash. It seems that he finally managed to garner enough support in the Senatorum Imperialis to place the Aquila Seal on his crusade.”

Detarian snorted in disgust. “Petty politicking. That such theatre takes place whilst there are foes’ bearing down on our Imperium is an insult to the Lords Primarch who forged it. They should spend a cycle in the Olympius, let them see that they are ought but children compared to our finest. But alas Veranon does not the Imperium make.” He walked to his weapon rack and reverently lifted the spear stored there. The gold embossed haft and the adamantium folded blade blending beauty and death in one glorious instrument. 

“Give the order. And announce formation. I will address the men forty hours before planetfall. Before then, have the sergeants drill them thoroughly. And inform the Immortals aboard I wish to speak with them in the next hour.”

Garvian bowed and left the chamber, sending telepathic orders as he went.

Ludo, you're missing me from the participants list furious.gif

And thanks to Grotsmasha, this is back!

++++++

5 years.

Kendra Risselson panted as she lent on the tree, looking into the clearing beyond where a spaceport lay.

5 years since hope had arrived in the Denzarr Sector, 5 years since the Resistance had received word of help. She glanced over at the giant next to her.

5 years since these Gods of War, the Angels of Death had arrived to pave the way for the return of the Emperor's Light.

Brother Raz'kiel, Storm Templar Second Company, turned and nodded to her, briefly holding up 5 fingers. With that acknowledgement, she grinned ferally.

After 5 years of preparation, of waiting, of hiding, the time had come.

The Geledos Crusade had arrived.

+++++++++++++++++

"Raz'kiel to Gol'durn, my unit is in position."

Veteran Sergeant Gol'durn activated his comm. "Roger that Brother, we strike in 5. By our Blood and Blade."

"His Will be Done."

Gol'durn smiled behind his helm. So many of his Brother Astartes from other Chapters would look down on him, on his Chapter, for their actions these past 5 years. They would refuse to see the benefits of such a long-term infiltration, of assisting mere mortals and training a resistance when instead they could take the fight to the enemy themselves.

But the Storm Templar were different. Once, millennium ago, they were like the others, but the centuries cut off from the Imperium during the Terra-Nova Interrum had taught them hard lessons in such warfare, of the value of mortal allies and a co-ordinated resistance. And once more, they would prove the value of such unorthodox Astartes tactics.

'Besides' he thought, 'the foolish traitors still have no idea of the existence of near 200 of the Emperors Finest in the Sector.' His smile changed into a vicious, predatory grin. 'In 3 minutes, however...'

+++++++++

Lord General Hiram of the Orbanis PDF, Traitor to the Imperium, stumbled into the command centre of the planets defence network. "Report!"

"Tallin Spaceport under attack..."

"12th regiment silenced...."

"Astartes presence reported in a dozen sectors...."

"Perimeter defences report contact..."

"QUIET!" Hiram bellowed, quieting the cacophony of reports. "Our perimeter defences? And WHAT Astartes?"

"Lord General...our perimeter defences have gone silent...as have many of our defence teams..." one analyst announced, staring at his screen in fear.

Hiram froze, stunned. "....How?" Hearing a sound from the blast door at the entrance, he turned...just in time to see it detonate, knocking him and several others to the ground. As he and the command staff managed to recover and stumble to their feet, they heard the rhythmic thumps of armoured boots, and looked up to see an armoured giant, an Astartes, stride through the now ruined door, power weapon in each hand already crackling with suppressed energy.

++++++

Brother-Captain Jer'ra of the Storm Templar Second Company stared silently at the traitors before him before speaking coldly.

"Knock. Knock."

i like the idea of this project, as i am in the process of stripping my marines and going to repaint them as Crimson Fists. i want to be involved, but i don't have the codex yet (will be getting soonish, got £30 of GW vouchers for my 30th biggrin.png which be for getting the SM codex). i know part of the stipulation for the participation is to come up with an army list but does this have to codex? ie, can i list my minis/squads without what they'd have in the codex? i can provide the other 2 stipulations, just that one part that i 'can't' do if you see what i'm saying.

as i say, if you can clear this up, and if i'm eligible, i'll provide the bits i can to enter into this project. it'll keep my mojo up for the sons of dorn to rise anew. and i promise i'll get the codex asap. tongue.png

I agree with Grotsmasha, base your list on the old 'Dex untill you can update it. I doubt BBL would mind a few points changes here or there so long as you're commited and can provide some fluff and a test model pic. ;)

Nice to see someone else doing the Crimson Fist too! :)

oooh ok thanks for some ideas then chaps. right, i'll crack on then. test model will be uploaded in the next couple of days. as for fluff, i'll give the following:

Following the Rynn's World Incident, and the rebuilding of the Crimson Fists chapter, Chapter Master Pedro Kantor has heeded the call of distress from the Denzarr Sector. However, he is preoccupied with other matters, namely the recruitment and administrative duties one must oversee as lord of a space marine chapter. Instead, he sends forth Brother Captain Ortain Hishais, newly appointed Captain of the 3rd Company, to oversee actions and wage war as he sees fit in the name of the Crimson Fists Chapter. With elements from his recovering Company, and with elements from the 10th and 1st Companies, he shall bring to heel the wayward elements of the Imperium, destroy vile Xenos forces and smash aside the corruption of Chaos. Captain Hishais himself is a veteran of Rynn's World. When the Arx Tyrannus was destroyed, he was defending airfields to the north of New Rynn City before relocating to the world's capital. For his actions, and displaying tactical brilliance that led to destroying three Ork warbands trying to get into New Rynn City, he was awarded the Dorn's Eternal Vigilance, an ancient power fist that was reclaimed from the ruins of the Arx Tyrannus and that dates back to The Scouring when it was forged. Armed with this and a great Storm Shield, Captain Hishais is proud to bear his Chapter's colours as he proves that these Sons of Dorn aren't yet spent, and will happily carry the fight to wherever the enemies of The Emperor lurk. Being given command of the rebuilding 3rd Company, the first time it has marched back to war since the Badlanding Incident, Hishais intends to reforge the legacy since the fall of its previous commander, Captain Drakken, to the Ork menace. But the newly promoted leader knows that there are more than Greenskins intending on humanity's blood, and he intends to stop them from extinguishing Man's candle in the void.

Army List (taken from Codex: Space Marines 5th Edition)
Captain Hishais - Power Fist, Storm Shield, Artificer Armour - 160
Chaplain Corath the Ireful - Combi-Flamer, Melta Bombs, Digi-Weapons - 130
Tactical Squad Perdain - +5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon (Serg has Plasma Pistol and Power Sword) - 215
Tactical Squad Greseth - +5 Marines, Flamer, Heavy Bolter (Serg has Plasma Pistol and Power Axe) - 200
Scout Squad Hannaron - Missile Launcher (Serg has X2 Power Fists) - 135
Sternguard Veteran Squad Thasudas - (Serg has Power Sword and Plasma Pistol), Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Combi-Flamer, Combi-Plasma, Razorback with Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters and Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter - 230
Predator 'Rynn's Fist' - Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter - 130
Total - 1200

Test model - a scout whom i can spare from the rest of the squad (i have 6 scouts in total but kept it at 5 for points and easier adding up). he is a true test model as i used a white undercoat for the first time ever. 

edit: Army list added and added fluff. test model added 30/10/13. 

What sort of army are you looking at Leinmann?

Something like;

Captain - Power Fist, Storm Shield, Artificier Armour.

2x Tactical Squads

1 other squad (assault/devastator)

Scouts

Terminators/Sternguard

As a basic setup to represent your fluff force (3rd company, 1st and 10th detachments)? Because depending on equipment, that's about 1000 points, no worries.

Just a quick post to inform y'all that I'm not ignoring you, I'm just really busy with real life at the moment :sweat: I'll do my best to answer each of you some time today or tomorrow. Apologies if this causes any inconveniences!

Cheers,

Ludo

And so here we post again... Note that the fluff is slightly different as I didn't have a back up copy of the other stuff and I will probably edit it and spiff it up a bit tomorrow, I am just posting now to recapture my spot...

For the Interdictors Chapter of Space marines the Geledos Campaign came as yet another chance to prove themselves following the dark stain of the events surrounding Chief Apothecary Abel's betrayal and the Chapters subsequent fall from grace. For the recently appointed Captain Jaramir Guisard it came as a chance to prove himself worthy of the title of Captain of the Fifth Company and Warden of the Rift. Tasked to lead a joint force known as Strike Force Harbinger, named in honour of the Interdictor Battle Barge Harbinger of Wrath which served as the flag ship of the force assembled in the Gallican Sector, Captain Guisard was tasked to prove the Chapters worth in the struggle ahead. Leading from the front as his mentor taught him Captain Guisard plunged the force head long into some of the thickest fighting of the crusade, hoping to not only to restore the honour of the fallen Chapter but perhaps redeem themselves in the eyes of their fellow children of Dorn and reclaim a place in the once tight brotherhood of Fist Successors. So far any and all attempts to contact their brothers have been met with stoney silence.
Army List:
Captain Jaramir Guisard - Lightning Claw, Shield Eternal, Artificer Armour, Dig Weapons - 185
Command Squad - Apothecary, Champion, Standard Bearer, PW, Lightning Claws x2 Thunder Hammer - 220
Razorback - lascannon, dozer blade - 80
Epistolary Reynard - Mastery Lvl2 Dig Weapons - 100
Tactical Squad x10 - Fist, flamer, missile launcher, melta bombs - 200

Rhino - 35
Scout Squad - Sniper Rifles x5 Camo Cloaks x5 - 70
Aegis Defence Line - Quad Gun - 100
gallery_36568_8738_471545.jpg

Something like;

2x Tactical Squads

Scouts

Terminators/Sternguard

As a basic setup to represent your fluff force (3rd company, 1st and 10th detachments)? Because depending on equipment, that's about 1000 points, no worries.

basically all of the above but i also have a couple of vehicles. i can clip things down once equipment is added in so as to keep it to 1000pts, which will then be a good starting block for me. i'll get my 5th ed codex back later and do a proxy list for the time being. 

Something like;

2x Tactical Squads

Scouts

Terminators/Sternguard

basically all of the above but i also have a couple of vehicles. i can clip things down once equipment is added in so as to keep it to 1000pts, which will then be a good starting block for me. i'll get my 5th ed codex back later and do a proxy list for the time being. 

BBL set 1000 points as a minimum, you can (and several of us have) go over, as long as you paint approximately 200 points a month. Get a Proxy list up and I'll run it through the new Codex for you and PM you back the points if you want?

BattleBrotherJohn: Great to see you join the Chaos side! Just need the pictures of test models now and you're in.

Superstealthyninjafo: Looking good, welcome to the Tale! :)

Grotsmasha: Should be OK, I think, but thanks for saving the posts and offering to send them out :tu:

Lord Lee: Great, just need the test model now!

Blathamal: Looking good, chap :) However, if you could post a bigger and slightly less blurry picture, that would great. But anyway, welcome to the Tale!

Jaspcat: Sure, I'd love to have you join us!

leinmann: Yep, I'm fine with an approximate list, as long as you stick to it once the Tale starts! ;) And of course you can join!

Silver Phoenix: Great! Welcome for the second time :P

BBL set 1000 points as a minimum, you can (and several of us have) go over, as long as you paint approximately 200 points a month. Get a Proxy list up and I'll run it through the new Codex for you and PM you back the points if you want?

thanks for the offer Excubitor but i got my 5th ed codex back today so i'll use the points costs from that, but thank you for the offer. so we can go over 1000pts then eh? don't worry, i can do masses of Loyalists at a time (no where near as much banding as Chaos Space Marines). i'll edit my post as soon as i find out just one thing. Is there an upper limit as to how much we can enter? i ask because i have over 2000pts of Crimson Fists to paint up after stripping. i'll also include the test model tomorrow. 

edit: typos

Lord Lee: Sad to see you go. Best of luck to you all.

leinmann: It's great to see that you're motivated, but to keep everyone on a similar level, please don't go over 1'200 points.

Anyway, back to work :pinch:

So some fluff.

Denzarr a sector of space in the south-west corner of the segmentum tempestus, a jewel with over 3 trillion souls flourishing with life activity and resources. Unawares of the threat that was about to fall upon them.

At first it started with a cough which flourished into a sweat drenched night sweat, followed by painfull aches causing blackouts then finally ending in the body expelling viciously the vital fluids and intestine track through the throat.

It came swiftly and it took only a couple of weeks.

This was the gift of nightmares, a carry over from an age past back when primarchs walked amongst men and humanity was at it's peak.

An old nightmare story remained in the Denzarr sector of a figure of death that freed the worlds from nightmarish creatures and became they're saviour.

But then turned his children against the population. Raiding enslaving and scorching everything they touched. This nightmare was no story though and history has a habit of re occurring.

Tyrion stood upon the bridge of hopes despair, a Deimos pattern battle barge. A relic of the past, one of a kind a jewel that was corrupted and no longer identifiable as an adeptus astrates ship.

The plague of retribution was planted and tyrion was pleased, he just had to wait, soon they would be willing to join his crusade soon they would cry out for the grand father to end their suffering. Those that would endure would be captured and they would be corrupted and replenish his forces.

Tyrion was slender framed compared to some of his brothers where they were bloated and slow like rot on a carcass he was slender quick and strong.

Some of the fathers gifts were considered blessings. Tyrion however felt that not all corruption was so. He was the resilience the striking plague he would not allow himself to be overrun with disease, he was a sorcerer, warp touched and hated by their gene sire.

This mattered not all that mattered was taking the imperium back from a corpse throne tyrant, one sector at a time.

++squad channel open: "my brothers, though our power has waned do not despair as we have found a sector that is ripe for raiding."

"Gather your arms for now we prepair to rain the blessings of nurgle upon these whelps, for the plague and death to the corpse tyrant"

Next will be my list once I set one in stone and I'm awaiting FW for my test model

HQ

• Typhus, Herald of Nurgle

ELITES

• 5 Terminators - Icon of Chaos Glory; Reaper autocannon and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas

TROOPS

• 7 Plague Marines – Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino

• 7 Plague Marines – Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino

• 7 Plague Marines – Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

• 2 Obliterators

• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession

TOTAL:

1,498 points

And a nurgle sorcerer to switch in place of typhus.

And a deamon prince to switch in place of a HQ

Archived