A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - All slots filled, sign up closed!

Dosjetka

Getting really excited to get going now! :)

Just a quick question though, will we be creating individual painting logs in the WIP section of the board or will there be an 'official' Tale of 16 gamers thread which we should all share our progress in?

Mike.

Heres my Fluff

‘Priority transmission coming in Forgefather’ said an
astropath the forgefather turned to face him in full battle armour the
forgefather towered over him and despite the forgefathers appearance the
astropath had given praise to the emperor for the chance to serve the imperium
in such a fashion. ‘Put it on screen ‘ordered Vulkan the display flickered to life
and Vulkan immediately bowed in respect for the individual on screen. ‘Tu’Shan
my Lord what troubles you’ Vulkan could sense the disturbance from the chapter
master.

‘Brother we are in need of your assistance, an inquisitor
has contacted us and demanded we explain our actions in the Segmentum Tempestus
we are being accused of heresy Tu’Shan said with concern. ‘What are the details
and who is this inquisitor does he have evidence’ replied Vulkan. The bridge of
the Forgefathers ship was stunned into silence by the news and all attention
was on the conversation between the two.

‘The inquisitors name is Josef de Guzmán of the Ordo
Hereticus he sent an envoy to Prometheus carrying a recording of what appears to
be members of the 5th company attacking an imperial guard instillation
the 5th company is currently on nocturne seeing to recruitment and
home system defence someone is playing us and the inquisitor against each other’
seeing the concern on the Forgefathers face Tu’Shan continued. ‘The 5th
company has set course to link up with the Geledos Crusade I want you to
investigate these claims and do what is necessary to preserve the honour of
Vulkan’.

Vulkan turned and Asked ‘Is the Inquisitor expendable’
the bridge was shocked they all knew Vulkan operated outside of the normal Doctrine
but this would be a step further than would be comfortable. Tu’Shan replied ‘Do
what is necessary, honour to the primarch brother’ with the Regents voice
ringing in his ears the communication ended.’ Astropath set course for the 5th
company Strike cruiser Themis’ ordered Vulkan as he contemplated the situation
the ship swung and gained momentum ‘onward once more onto the anvil of war’ he
thought  as the warp drive engaged
sending all souls into the eternal abyss.

I think that's meant to be November 2013 to April 2014, rather than the 13th November.

Duration: 6 months (November '13 - April '14)

that was the way i was reading it too. only one more day to go if we land our places yes.gif

Hello chaps! Sorry for not being able to be more active on the thread, I've been busy and haven't been able to find the time to sit down much to answer your questions, comments and requests! Got my last exam tomorrow and then things should ease off a bit (or at least I hope so). Since I haven't been able to organise things on the thread like I orginially planned, would you anyone mind if we started on Saturday (so 2nd November)? It would give me that little bit more time to get things hammered down and ready.

Anyway, onto the replies!

Jaspcat: I'll answer you here instead of via PM (hopefully you won't mind). The fluff is good and I look forward to seeing how your army progresses thumbsup.gif However, I did mention a page back that I'd prefer that all participants plan to paint no more than 1'200 points. I usually don't want to curb people's enthusiasm, but in this case I'd like each person to have approximately the same goal points-wise.

chaplainmikey: Glad to see you motivated! smile.png And I'll be creating a central thread where we can post, see and comment on all progress and where I can post announcements and such.

BattleBrotherJohn & leinmann: Great! You're both in! Welcome to the Tale smile.png

Superstealthyninjafo: Hum. I'd prefer if you didn't, but then again it would be kinda dumb if I tried to stop you doing it... I'll think about it and get back to you tomorrow via PM.

scratt: Sure, you are welcome to join! You just need to post an army list with a test model picture and you'll be good to go! If you can get those done by Saturday (even if people decide that they want to start tomorrow), then I'll put you on the list smile.png

Ironwithout: Sorry for keeping you waiting, mate, it's not too long now until the start!

Phew. That's done. Now I just need to update that list in the first post and get the new project thread ready!

EDIT: There, list updated. Sorry for taking so long. Also, due to real life commitments and to let Jaspcat and scratt have a chance to participate in this, I've stepped out as a participant of the Tale. I shall continue to host the challenge, organise extras, answer questions, etc. but I will not be painting anything. Maybe next time ;) That being said, we've managed to fill up the 16 slots (and even get a 17th participant) and I must say that I'm quite chuffed ^_^ I didn't think that many people would latch on, what with my messy and very long intro! So thank you to every one of you, I'm glad to have you all on board!

Demus Ragnok & Ironwithout: I'm glad you both don't mind. And thanks for the kind words Ironwithout! I'd love to participate but I'm not 120% sure that I'll be able to dedicate as much time as I'd like to my army and the challenge, so I prefer stepping out instead of starting and then dropping out after a couple of months (that would look especially bad since I'm the organiser of the whole thing :lol:).

Jaspcat: Great, thanks! Just need a test model now :)

woohoo, i'm one of the 16! thanks.gif Battle-Brother Ludovic, nice one. i often find B&C comps help me get armies fully painted. this should help me get a fair chunk of it done, if not at least half! sad to hear you'll drop out but as you say, better in the long run for yourself.

as for starting it on Saturday 2nd November that will be fine. in fact, it'll be ideal as i'm fairly busy friday, and although there's a local beer fest in the evening, i'm still around for the updates and i'm not back to work until wednesday. in fact, being as the only things left to strip now are the vehicles, i'll make those my next priority to get ready for the challenge ahead. and, good luck with your last exam. i'll raise a pint for you on saturday whichever way it went msn-wink.gif

well i don't know about anyone else but i'm feeling a bit excited about this. its been a while since i've said this, but: FOR DORN AND FOR THE EMPEROR!

Quick question: am I okay to start getting my guys converted and ready?

I don't want to step on any toes regarding possible conversion challenges, but I'm just inspired at the moment.

Will the challenges be outside of our established army lists?

Salamander Test model

Army List

Vulkan  Hestan

Total-190

Command Squad 

4 Melta guns

Apothecary

Drop pod

Total-190

5 Man Tactical Squad 

Flamer

Combi Flamer

Rhino

Total-120

5 Man Tactical Squad 

Flamer

Combi Flamer

Rhino

Total-120

5 man Legion of the Dammed

Combi melta

Multi melta

Meltagun

Total-155

Thunderfire cannon

Total-100

Thunderfire cannon

Total-100

I would like to submit my regiment and a tale of 18 might sound better than 17(just thronging it out there) have a read of what I’ve come up with and let me know. They are an Imperial Guard Regiment known as the 1st Baal PDF.

The 1st Baal PDF was created after an unexpected attack from green skins left the Blood Angels on the defensive. With no battle companies at the home world it was left up to the recruits and the Dreadnoughts to see off the aggressors. In true Blood Angel fashion this was achieved however it took much longer anticipated and requiring much more effort.

A delegation from the leading citizens met with Commander Dante to discuss how the defences could be improved. One of the leading citizens pushed for his suggestion which comprised the creation of a new PDF Regiment. It was agreed that any candidates who failed the initiation into the Blood Angels could be drafted into the PDF as it was more honourable to be a soldier in the Imperial Guard than to return home a failure.

Command of the Regiment was given to the leading citizen’s son, who was given the rank of Colonel. Colonel Sanguine used his own money to equip and train his men taking his role of command much more seriously than most who bought their commission. As an honour to the first Colonel Sanguine each successive Colonel has had to relinquish his name and take up the mantle that is Sanguine.

A decade since its creation and the Regiment stands at ten companies strong including the 1st company of Storm Troopers and the 5th comprised of mechanised infantry. On hearing the call for a new crusade to aid Lord Militant Argan Geledos, Colonel Sanguine decides it is time to create a second Regiment and to take the fight from their home world and into the galaxy. It is his intention to help Lord Militant Argan Geledos in facing any and all who would darken the name of the Emperor.  

999pt Army

3rd Company Command Squad with;

Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Grenade Launcher, Carapace Armour

Lord Commissar with ;

Power Weapon and Carapace Armour

1st Infantry Platoon

Command Squad with;

Vox, Plasma Gun, Power Weapon, Flamer

2 Infantry Squads with;

Vox, 2 Grenade Launchers, 2 Power Weapons, Plasma Piston, Bolt Pistol

2nd Infantry Platoon

Command Squad with;

Vox, Heavy Flamer, Power Weapon, Meltergun

2 Infantry Squads with;

Vox, 2 Grenade Launchers, 2 Power Weapons, Plasma Piston, Bolt Pistol

Storm Trooper Squad with

+ 5 Troopers, Plasma Gun, Grenade Launcher

Heavy Weapons Team with;

Morter, 2 Rocket Launchers

Aegis Defence Line with;

Quad Gun

And finaly my test model

2013 06 26 11.53.41

I know its a day early, but I wanted to put up my first update. As I am only doing 1000pts, doing close to 200pts a month might be a little trickier so I thought as I have 6 choices in my list I would try for one a month (unless BBL you want me to do closer to the 200pts a month).

My first choice is one of my legion tactical squads. Out of my list I currently have the librarian, the heavy support squad, the contemptor and one of the legion tactical squads.

Here is the first half of the first squad, you may notice that two of the models are currently painted. I do plan on having better photos of both of them but have to wait til I get some better light (i.e. tomorrow).

gallery_18769_8974_19905.jpg

Back row; brother Onchu, brother Vadim,

Front row; brother Maolsneachta, Brother Sergeant Gavriil, brother Kazimir

First 5 of squad tactical Lamda (apologies for the poor quality of photos).

Once this officially kicks off, for November I'll be painting,

Centurion Turiel,,with Artificer Armour, Combi-Plas and Charnabel Sabre and

Wolf Priest Gunmar Grimtooth with Artificer Armour.

@ 145pts ( Don't worry, December will see the Spartan @ a smidge over 300pts).

In addition to these two, Turiel will be magnetized for his Loyalty and Treachery loadout and I'll also be completing a SW Centurion with Twin L.Claws.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived