Disciples of Nurgleth (All is dust, or was it?)

disease

so i had a thought at work today:  How do Nurgle terminators deepstrike?  Magic?  heresy era teleports?  What about some demonic help?

May i present 'the Tabanidae', chosen terminators of Nurgleth concept:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Madoktopus/term_zpsf6091abd.jpg

Not completely sure if i'm going to make this a reality yet. I feel the wings may be on the little large side if they were to fly like a beetle, but 'Arkhan' on here thought they were on the small side if they were to fly like a bird. My girlfriend thinks they are just right.

What do youn think?    All feedback appreciated. I do however think, that expanding the squad size to say seven, and having the next batch of terminators more insect influenced with more dynamic posing would tie the theme better.

disease

!!!DO IT!!!

that is epic.........and stolen!

That is totally messed up and therefore appropriate for Nurgle. If you do any more models like that, may I suggest giving them mutated probiscuses? It'd be an appropriately messed up bit of fluff to have them drink their opponents vital fluids or something like that.

!!!DO IT!!!

This... Definitely do it! 

Looks like you all approve. Thanks for the proboscis suggestion, I may do that when the squad gets an increase.

How about wing sizing? I could make the smaller or larger, or proportional just the way the are?

Real insects have 2 pairs of wings.... Might make the models too busy. Have to say, I'm inclined to shrink them a bit, it's chaos it doesn't need to make sense tongue.png

Shrinking them would allow for a second pair of wings and would probably look less busy. Have to say I'm intrigued how you plan to shrink them.

Very nice!

Very nice indeed!

Shame that the 2nd & 5th Company of the Sons of Heracles are inbound to purge your chaos scum from this system!

;-)

These are seriously kick arse Death Guard, they'll make pretty green flames and popping noises after my Purification Teams have been through them. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

Very nice indeed!

Shame that the 2nd & 5th Company of the Sons of Heracles are inbound to purge your chaos scum from this system!

;-)

Very nice!

Very nice indeed!

;-)

These are seriously kick arse Death Guard, they'll make pretty green flames and popping noises after my Purification Teams have been through them. msn-wink.gif

Fear not whelps, their suffering was immeasurable...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Madoktopus/IMG_2407_zpsfa4fde35.jpg

Archived