Disciples of Nurgleth (All is dust, or was it?)

disease

Wow, these are just stunning! I love your palette, and how you keep it consistent across all models without making it exactly the same. Also, your Sorcerer King is tremendous!

Thanks! its fairly basic underneath all the nurgle bits, off-white, green and rust. I then like to give the models washes in slighly differing tones to get the variation.

I'm quite proud of the Sorceror, Kyphas - it turned out better than i had anticipated!

BTW, Loving your assault marins with shields - given me a few ideas for this force...

Whoa, how had I missed this thread? I remember seeing some of your work before and liking it but this is incredible. Those terminators are amazing - love the wings, love the bases, love the weathering and corrosion. The poses are great too - how hard was it to repose the TDA lord legs like that?

The sorcerer lord looks stunning. You're truly doing our pestilent Grandfather's work.

Also please tell me you're going to make the dead Sons of Heracles / Purifiers into an objective marker. msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the encouragement! Terminators aren't quite finished yet, but enough for me to lose interest and move onto something else for the time being. Reposing is like any other marine - cut carefully, pin back together and fill the gaps with greenstuff. Luckily, nurgle dedication makes any mistakes really easy to hide as i can just cover up with pustules or something else gribbly.

As above, Kyphas came out much better than i planned!

The objective marker has been put on the back burner as more pressing ideas form in my mind, but that's not to say i wont pick it back up again soon!

Gorgeous stuff, I will always have a soft squishy part in my heart for nurgle.

Better get that checked out!

• 4 months later...

sorry bro late to the party ......

loving those fly winged termies........damn giving me more inspiration

nice work so far, love the winged termis =) 

keep it up !

Thanks for kind words. The Disciples have taken a bit of a back seat while I have been working on heresy death guard, death Korps of Krieg and other minor projects, but I plan to come back to them over the festive period.

• 2 years later...

* Disease walks over to shelf. He looks past all the cool heresy stuff towards his aged plague marines. Disease picks up a model. I'm a much better painter and modeller now he thinks. Disease blows the dust off the Disciples of Nurgleth...*

Archived