Thank you, AGPO.

The weathering was done in three steps. After the yellow has been painted I apply a layer of Burnt Umber oil paint directly into the recesses and onto the high spots of the model's armor. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Then use a larger brush dabbed in pure white spirit to "flood" the model. Drag most of the oil paint off using downward strokes, but make sure to leave enough in the nooks of the armor to build up the grime. On the open surfaces of the plate this effect slightly tints the yellow, giving it a very natural look. The oil wash dries within an hour or two.

Next, I use the sponge technique, going in first with Stormvermin Fur, followed by a lighter application of Boltgun metal (believe that's Leadbelcher in the new paint range).

Hope that helps, man.

Cheers Darth, I'm definitely going to give it a try.

@Heathens - I get what you mean about the strange, but I love what this thread is doing in making 30k Astartes far more human and relatable than their 40K distant descendents. I'm doing some test pieces for the V and IX so I'll see how those turn out and go from there.

This blog has to much yellow. It needs some.... green? msn-wink.gif

I have lots of green.....

Loving the blog though, especially the Scottish inspired imperial Fists. Very nice touch there. The blog continues to inspire and drive me towards creating my own 30k force. I even started another one....

Damn you all!

Part of the ship, part of the crew...

Once more the Heresy shall rule the Galaxy! And we shall have peace.

NO! Peace is for the 41st millenium, where Black Templars snuggle witches, Blood Angels are Facebook friends with Necrons, and Ultramarines play softball with the Tau.

Peace is a lie. THERE...IS...ONLY...WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!

Or be strange, brother.

-III Legion, disgusted by their brothers' actions and the fall of their Primarch and psychosis, utterly rogue in a universe that despises them all.

-XX Legion Direct-Action Cell, loyal to the Throne over their Father(s), desperate to halt the invasion of Terra.

-XVIII Legion Retribution Warband, not knowing of their Father's survival on Isstvann. Pyromaniacs on a "scorched earth" rampage behind enemy lines.

Screw the baseline story, man. It's a big galaxy, and different companies were everywhere. Loyalty and treachery are blurred. Make use of that..... and join usssssssss.

Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew.

You're killing me, Heathens! I have work to do this weekend, I can't spend it working on Alpha Legion dudes!

Or be strange, brother.

-III Legion, disgusted by their brothers' actions and the fall of their Primarch and psychosis, utterly rogue in a universe that despises them all.

-XX Legion Direct-Action Cell, loyal to the Throne over their Father(s), desperate to halt the invasion of Terra.

-XVIII Legion Retribution Warband, not knowing of their Father's survival on Isstvann. Pyromaniacs on a "scorched earth" rampage behind enemy lines.

Screw the baseline story, man. It's a big galaxy, and different companies were everywhere. Loyalty and treachery are blurred. Make use of that..... and join usssssssss.

Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew. Part of the ship, part of the crew.

You're killing me, Heathens! I have work to do this weekend, I can't spend it working on Alpha Legion dudes!

Yes you can.

Or be strange, brother.

Yes you can.

Well ninjasuperspy, you heard Alpharius, get to it. >: )

gallery_37532_9063_55532.jpg

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack 440-1::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::Granted:::::

gallery_37532_9063_337528.pnggallery_37532_9063_162581.pnggallery_37532_9063_144176.png

[Pict Capture DX/72-33-241] - Legionary Sartael

A new inductee and youth of the Watch, Legionary Sartael carried no honours or distinguishing marks upon his plate during the Siege, wearing only the standard scheme of the XXII. Sartael earned the right to wear the Heraldry of the Watch with the same action that cost him his life, to preserve his squadmates on OD-Day 24. Facing down a surprise flanking assault by traitors of the Death Guard Legion, Sartael was able to buy his brethren enough time to react by placing himself in the path of a XIV Land Raider Spartan, using his chainfist to cut away it's tracks and disable is quad-lascannons, forcing the Death Guard to disembark, lest they be trapped. Sartael was swiftly overwhelmed by the filth, yet fought to his dying breath, claiming six XIV Legionaries before succumbing to his wounds. His squad, having had enough time to react to the flanking maneuver, gunned down the other fourteen Traitors.

After going back and forth for the last week I've finally read all biggrin.png must say that it's phenomenal writing by all of you chaps - grandiose in it's desire to be more than (as Wade pointed out) painted by the same tar-stiffened brush as our erstwhile 40k brethren...

Also Heathens - if you want more info about British or Scottish military I have some knowledge (Great-Grandfather was Black Watch, Grandfather was RTR, Father 3 Yorks, Uncle 1 Yorks & Lancs and Brother is RHA) I'm happy to help - your militarised and imo. human aspect to the writing makes it even more enjoyable biggrin.png

Onwards and Upwards Brothers!

@Kol - if he does NLs I hope they're the type to give Dahmer and Angron nightmares... tongue.png

Fantastic work as always from the lot of you, some really inspiring stuff here as always - it's threads like these that make me spend all my money at Forgeworld

Now to get back to building my jump pack equipped assault company - big question though, 30k Blood Angels or Emperors Children? I genuinely can't decide - Help!

Archived