Those classic models have so much character, combining them with your already stellar army has seriously elevated this project. You never cease to impress me 1000Heathens, Bravo.

• 3 weeks later...

So.... where should I start? I have been quite inactive on The Bolter & Chainsword thus far, never commented (and to be honest never used this page much), but I stumbled across your Iron Warrior with the heavy flamer and the pointing hand... And my first reaction was just silence in awe. That miniature is a masterpiece, Sir! Thus I have decided to reactivate this account and to follow this blog now! Great work sir!

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack 84-43-711::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::DENIED:::::

::::Security Clearance Required:::Credentials detected::::Processing request::::Access granted...Welcome Praetor::::

:WARNING: Visual Only:

gallery_37532_8712_561364.pnggallery_37532_8712_510032.pnggallery_37532_8712_146005.png

[Pict Capture DX/0-984-065] - Command Predator [Mars Pattern] Serial#23-034M (Callsign: Salted Earth)

gallery_37532_8712_213496.png

[Pict Capture DX/63-55-83232] - Land Speeder Javelin [Kiowa Pattern] Serial#00-02AA (Callsign: Golden Arrow)

gallery_37532_8712_142439.png

[Pict Capture DX/63-55-83232]- Addendum - Brother-Pilot Minick

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/reaver.png

Day 28

Move.

Beneath the tortured sky of ash and smoke, wraiths in shadowy black amour sifted through the darkness, the cover of darkness and thick smog obscuring their movements as they bounded and leaped on roaring jump packs that were left all but silent by deafening clash of thunder and orbital strikes. They danced among the ruins of a dying city, crippled fortifications and toppled bastilles that turned the once gleaming roads of alabaster and ivory into a desolate wasteland littered with the dead.

Five bodies came to a halt, armoured boots skidding and crashing to a halt on what remained of a reinforced guard tower, one of the few structures that even remained standing, though that did little to justify the regretful condition it was in. One of the wraiths bent low on one knee, scanning across the ruins through the black and gold visor of an ancient warrior death mask of his home world. “Preysight…” The activation protocol was muttered through parched lips, crimson lenses flaring as they bathed the world around him in a sea of blue and sputtering plooms of heat signatures.

“Any sign of the target, Lap Dog?..”

Castus guided his gaze over his shoulder to gaze upon Darius who seemed all too comfortable with looking over his shoulder. His crack lips curled in slight disgust, feeling a strange discomfort at the close proximity despite that the Broken Wing was perhaps his only comrade. Without realizing it, something akin to a bestial growl purred from the back of his throat, a subtle warning that Darius became aware of surprisingly quick and backed away a few steps in response.

With a soft sigh, the tired warrior rose from his bended knee, quashing the sense of guilt for treating his brother so crudely but set such petty things aside. His eyes scanned over each of his brothers that stood with him. Darius the Broken Wing, Madrau the Thorn Feather, Ekkaus the Mad Hound, and a pup that had earned no name. Castus paused at that, gazing upon the warrior that stood behind his comrades, aloof as though not part of the pack or untrusted by his own brothers. It was a curious sight to behold, a suit of modified MK IV power armour made for the Reaver Hounds of the Warmaster, and yet this one was almost prestine save for the layers of ash and blood that caked its surface. It was untouched, no customizations or personal touches added to the warplate that was such a common occurrence amongst the Kindred, almost like a toy soldier.

“Are you ready to kill a Legend, pup?...”

“Yes, Pack Leader..”

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140601_202331_zps5e77818e.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140601_202318_zpsb5a8353c.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140601_202348_zpsf98f9d33.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140601_202449_zps19cfe41f.jpg

Fen, The Stormkiller

Thank you kindly for the support, gents. I really appreciate it.

Lovely to see some progress on your Kindred, noctus. Stormkiller looks wonderful next to Lap Dog. Any more in the works?

8 more, to be precise. :)

I love Storm Killer. I finished reading Vengeful Spirit today, and I was picturing there 2 guys when ever I read about the battles involving the SoH. And the background, every time I read your work I want to sit down and write something myself.

Archived