Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

That looks soooo choice Flint!

Loving the dynamic of the cape and the top knot.

Perhaps a brass rod ring to finish off the topknot and helmet connection. Also, are you planning to add a sash or tassel at the cross guard?

Great miniature. Lovely atmosphere. I love where this is going.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

The pose is off imo. He looks like he´s showing off his crotch. Let me explain why. The torso is what aims his body - and the torso is aiming in a right angle away from his spread legs. This gives the impression that the focus of the miniature, indeed the entire balance of him, is at a right angle with the legs and thus draws attention to his crotch. In addition, the balance is off. If you mimic his pose, and pay attention to the angle of your torso to the angle of your legs, you'll feel that your balance and pose are unnatural. No-one wold stand like that. I get what you're aiming for with the mini, but you missed it a bit in how he's posed right now. I think he would benefit greatly if you turn his torso slightly to the right. It would 'aim' the model more towards where his left knee is pointing, and balance the stance and with that the entire pose. Mimic what I´m saying with your own body, and I´m sure you´ll get what I mean.

Great miniature. Lovely atmosphere. I love where this is going.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

The pose is off imo. ...I think he would benefit greatly if you turn his torso slightly to the right.

The legs and torso of that figure are one solid chunk. You can't alter the position of the torso without some serious surgery.

Not true. I've cut up one of those before and there's no way to cut it without destroying the armor plates. You'd have to completely remove the abdomen armor plate that sits on top of the upper groin plate and re-sculpt both of them.

True story, Heresy era Hashec is a prime example of this, I basically only ended up keeping the thighs from the praetor model, but after I cut him in half that torso was practically only useable for basing detail as a corpse.

Archived