Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

@ Ckpmax - HAH! ... I was thinking Vidal Sassoon. Same as my hair dryer biggrin.png

You know, that makes me think of something. The Vth and VIIIth haven't really had any major engagements against each other, have they? It's kinda weird too, I always saw the White Scars as how the Night Lords could work if they were more targeted and less vicious.

Well, yeah. Among other things:

• They're both in favour of the quick alpha strike.
  • Both employ hit and run tactics.
  • Both were considered brutal and savage, yet have shown great analytical, and tactical minds.
  • Both tried to pacify their home worlds through conquering of other major powers (Khan), or scaring the pants of the other major powers into submission (Konrad).
  • They both have put their trust on only a small number of his brothers. Khan (Horus, Magnus), Konrad (Fulgrim...until he tattled to Dorn...f*** that guy). Though in that sense Socially Awkward Corax is similar to them as well.
  • Both are just swell guys...subjectively (..I think).

Still, if they had butted heads, it would be an interesting fight in certain settings. If you think about it, I haven't read/knew much of the interaction of the two Primarchs either.

Many draw parallels of Nighlords to Raven Guard, but that's only because they both employ Jump infantry as their unique unit type, and they both needed time under the sun...and they're both emo, I guess.

Lovely White Scar. I think it's the first time I seen one with this shade of aged white.

Jubal Khan, Lord of Summer Lightning, The Deafening Silence Before the Thunder, The Swift Death that Comes with Laughter

The Guy with Too Many and Too Long Titles, The Marine who Flew over the Battlefield because his Cape was Caught in a Passing Missile's Fin.

biggrin.png

@ Firepower - Blanchitsu is the only martial art I know... well that and Gun Kata biggrin.png

Wow, I feel like if I get off that lightly, it must be halfway decent! Thanks for the advice happy.png

I neglected to mention the lack of black/silver for the soft armor in the palm of his hand. I must be getting soft. Or you're getting better. msn-wink.gif

I had no idea what Gun Kata is, so I googled it, and it sent me to the movie Equilibrium. It's so...just...sick.gif

Shame on you for putting me through that teehee.gif

I'd still like to see a shot of where the cape connects to the back, by the way. Awful curious about that.

@ Firepower - Blanchitsu is the only martial art I know... well that and Gun Kata biggrin.png

I had no idea what Gun Kata is, so I googled it, and it sent me to the movie Equilibrium. It's so...just...sick.gif

Shame on you for putting me through that teehee.gif

Hahahah I know right! When Flint mentioned Gun Kata that movie wiggled itself free from the depths of my memory, where it'd been locked for the past 12 years or so. Instant regurgitation reflex.

Wow. Been ages since I checked out your stuff, your painting has improved like 1000000000000000000000% well done flint this looks amazing. Im now torn between this and your Slaanesh lord with all the wings for my fave flint mini.

"A thousand years since I kicked the first of your brethren from atop the Walls, little angel."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/905/esSGpu.jpg

"A thousand years gone since we left your pathetic Palace in ruins..."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/633/ZbHh07.jpg

"...since we painted the grounds of Terra in the blood of your brothers, your cousins... we took the heads of four Custodes in my Echelon alone."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/633/sNusjO.jpg

"A thousand years from now, I'll still be gutting the thin-blooded get of your chapter."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/910/8HBkjO.jpg

"The end of your legacy starts with me."

~Hadrim Khol, 34th Assault Company, XII Legion

014.M32

Replies!

@ Ckpmax - And yet, only one of the "stealthy night legions" actually gets Night Vision biggrin.png

@ KotR - Hey, I just work with what John French gave me tongue.png

Glad he looks good at least.

@ K-Sci - Thanks! I feel like that Guan Dao is my power weapon technique at its Blanchiest

@ Angrypantz - That good eh? Glad to hear!

@ Firepower - Without Equilibrium we may never have gotten Christian Bale as we know him today. Also, it starts the trend of Sean Bean dying in things. Gun Kata is awesome.

How's this? It's about as close and personal as I could get without pulling his lil backpack off.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/910/MprIIy.jpg

@ SwaT - Thanks man!

@ Augs - Don't be lame tongue.png

@ Ex - Thanks! I do my best.

@ STD - Thanks! That is a tough choice to be sure.

Neat. I can't quite figure out what that line is around his eye, though. The grit on the boots is very well done, and the blood splotching is solid. But 1,000 years after the Siege of Terra...shouldn't he be red by now? msn-wink.gif

And the world would be a better place without that pout-lipped throat-tumored Batbale. Not to mention that wretched Terminator sequel (though it probably would've sucked with or without him). :P

Also, it starts the trend of Sean Bean dying in things.

Sean Bean's been dying in movies and miniseries since 1986 (Caravaggio).  He bucked the trend for a while with the Sharpe's films; now he's back to form-- croaking on camera with the best of 'em. 

Jeez, that model is cool. I don't care that he's not red, I actually like that he's still relatively true to the XII colours. He's still talking about 'us'. And 'our echelon', from which I gather he's one of the more sound of mind - and thus more likely to keep to tradition- among his brothers. Those small lines of fluff you often add always add so much character and atmosphere to your miniatures. It's really quite awesome.

Much like Gun Katas, he looks fantastic, but is probably insane. :p

Replies!

@ Firepower - I was going for a little groove cut into his helm by a near-miss blade, but it came out a little flat. While I'm sure there were plenty of red World Eaters by then, I was curious how a more traditionally 40k Khorne Berzerker would look in a legion color scheme. Plus, I'm thinking he's a little more sane than some of his brothers, so maybe he likes to remind himself of old legion ties? happy.png

@ Augs - Thanks! Ah, well there ya go. Glad to hear my little fluff snippets convey an actual cohesive idea!

@ BCK - Why do you think he has a little bloody drool trail out of the bottom of his respirator grille? biggrin.png

@ Dark Rage - Thanks man! Honestly I had to do something to break up what was a super boring expanse of white on his greaves. That was my first idea.

@ Ace - Awesome, thanks!

@ Krieg - Ah, I do too. They are too cool for loyalist school.

@ Atia - More Heresy Eaters... like this?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/q0snx6.jpg

Nice group shot!! I have missed this thread :) Its good t see you updating it again.

If you are back to World Eaters, does that put your Fists on hiatus for a wee while? Is the Deredeo a new addition? I can't recall seeing it before. I also like the World Eater with the  Japanese style back banner too.

I need to make a start on my Angron :)

Archived