Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Get them painted Forte, we need a second vow!

Patients :wink:
We are following a thread about Slaanesh the God/ess of satisfaction and instantaneous gratification. We don't do patience!

But the build up and waiting all adds to the temptation and makes it more satisfying in the end.

+ + + ETL UPDATE 1 + + +

Here we go with my first update on my ETL3 vow. Not too much has happened really but I managed to get a bit of sculpting done last night and for the first time tried using a mix of Kneadatite (green stuff) and Milliput white. I can see why others do this as you do get more of the feel of green stuff but it cures rock hard. I do feel like I had too much of the Milli as it felt really firm and wasn't as easy to push around as usual. It's also a bit more prone to stick to your tools too.

I'll start with the bits I'm pretty happy with. Which are all on the Sorcerer.

med_gallery_29004_9523_128341.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_36090.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_40332.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_37697.jpg

Pretty happy with how the cables, belt, and shoulder turned out. The little book just had the skull detail removed and some liquid green stuff dabbed on for a bit of odd texture. I do still need to add nose bumps to both the faces (with the belt one being quite stretched). And I thought I'd add a picture of his little friend too, which is a really old GW scenery piece I've had since '96 (and it was catalogue only then).

I did try to add skin on the staff but the GS/Milli mix wouldn't really work that thin so next session will be pure GS.

Now onto the Forgefiend. I'm not 100% happy with how that went while trying to put the ideas into action. The rune on top is ok but I need to go back with GS and add the torn and broken metal around it. I added a SM torso, head, and arms to the base which is upright so they'll be a bit of a blood pool under it. Also changed the middle weapon mounts into odd fleshy mouths which look a bit odd but I'm planning to paint those with an OSL as if they are the way to feed the forge. Few joints need finishing and more base work to be done. Here he is so far.

med_gallery_29004_9523_101561.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_222526.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_101068.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_17796.jpg

And the rune so far

med_gallery_29004_9523_79687.jpg

Well there we go. Already 5 days gone and not even primed. Still quicker than usual for me on one of these.

As always thanks for your time. C&C is very welcome and be as critical as you like. So long as it's constructive. You may see something I've overlooked. And best of luck with your own vows (so long as it's to Chaos) :thanks: :thumbsup:

Where is the Sorcerer's head from?

Not the first time I've been asked that. It's from the Fantasy Chaos Warrior Chariot. Some good little bits in that kit.

I really like the magos !

efficient conversion !

the shoulder pads and the rest of the sculpt really differenciate him from the original model and gives it it's own personality!  
Great job.

I feel your pain on the rune.

It's even more tricky because you are sculpting on a round surface.

I'm not sure I would add anything to it.
I like the scar/growing rune effect. Pretty sure you can, with your painter's skills, simulate an deformed/hot metal. Maybe a quick/thin primer coat on that area can give you another perspective on it and also reveal some sculpt problems that the photo might not show.

But it looks pretty good to me so far.

If you're still not happy give it a rest. Work on the Magos and have a look on the forgebeastyboy latter. Could be the pressure of the vow.

I haven't even decided to vow anything yet so you are really on tracks and time :)

@Ace. Not so much carelessly. More future fuel really ;)

@Darth. Think you're right about a bit of primer. Will give it a go.

you can even do a quick dry brushing to test the effect you want to create

a second primer should annilhate your test.

I often struggle with the same doubt.

Remember that it's only the first stage.

Patience ! :)

you can even do a quick dry brushing to test the effect you want to create

a second primer should annilhate your test.

I often struggle with the same doubt.

Remember that it's only the first stage.

Patience ! :)

True. And I've already been thinking of solutions ;)

Ah forte where is the head From?:laugh.: Looking Good !!! :thumbsup:

Keep getting asked ;) It's from the Chaos Warrior Chariot :tu:

Bit of progress tonight and a few changes to the plans too.

First up. Forgefiend.

I still have to work on a cultist for the base but otherwise it's pretty much ready for priming now.

med_gallery_29004_9523_215881.jpg

Happier with the rune now too.

As for the sorcerer. I added a nose to the shoulder face and decided to stop there. Rather than skin on the staff I'm thinking a dark marble.

med_gallery_29004_9523_14235.jpg

Let me know what you think. And hopefully all your ETL vows are going well :thanks: :tu:

Now we´re talking

The rune is spot on!

Such a drastic change but you really achieved what you were aiming for

It really works. 

The cracking, bursting, distortion ! :thumbsup: 

Good idea the nose job too :smile.:

solid execution

I was not a big fan on the skin on staff but dark marble (with pink in it :smile.:? ) or turquoise or event lightning could really work.

I would keep the paint choice and job of that part for the very end to thigh up your sorcerer  

Edited by Darth Mustard

@Darth. Many thanks and won't be long till painting starts.

@Eldrick. I got them on eBay. Would depend where you're from too as I'm in the UK. But I recommend 3x1mm for shoulders and backpacks. 2x1mm for wrists and special weapons.