Citadel Project Box $65
Citadel Army Case in either 40k or Fantasy designs $105
Citadel Cutting Mat %15
Citadel Palette Pad 20 sheets $8
Citadel Water Pot and Bitz Box $17

Shield of Baal: Tempestus Hardback Novella 128pgs $20
Ahriman: Sorceror Paperback 416pgs $14
Catechism of Hate Hardback Novella 128pgs $24

A lot of this talk is about what models will we get if it's like SW release. My big fear is what nerffing will The dex get, like the SW did!! Be careful what you wish for!

I'm playing my soft cover dex as much as I can- I know Mephi is not feeling himself atm so leave him at home and enjoy all the things I may never get again!

I'm actually tired of speculating what changes will come come, I just want the wait to be over!!

A lot of this talk is about what models will we get if it's like SW release. My big fear is what nerffing will The dex get, like the SW did!!

Grey Hunters were crazy broke and need to be recosted. The new flyer (while ridiculous looking) is a welcome edition and the Murderfang is crazy bad ass. Thunderwolves got better. Still not sure what I think about the Santa sleigh, but while I haven't given it a thorough read through from what I saw I would be happy if I was a Space Wolves player. Sure, they dropped a lot of flavor but that was to be expected.

I think everything will be okay if I'm honest. It could be as good as lower points where needed and a nice new book and toys, or it could be as bad as Astorath and Dante still strike at Iniative 1... Shudder sad.png

I definitely don't think it'll be as good as the old Codex, but at this point I'd rather just have it for the updated point costs, Warlord Traits, and Relics. Sticking with the Blood Angels for as long as I have made me a much better 40K player. I can compensate for issues with power level and such. Besides, they took so much away from us when 6th and 7th edition were released that I'm kinda used to it.

The new flyer (while ridiculous looking) is a welcome edition...

Eh... I don't think it's so bad-looking. It's kind of like a miniature caestus assault ram, but with a single hull. It would look a bit better if the aft didn't rise up quite as sharply, or as high, but it's not terrible. It's bulky and weird and grimdark, like everything else in the Astartes arsenal. I'd make some changes to it - like how I omitted the hardwired servitor on the roof of my storm raven and replaced it with a razorback turret - but I wouldn't reject it out of hand.

Space Wolves are still an excellent book. They hardly got nerfed. Rune Priests did. That's about it.

There's no reason BA won't be good with recosted units tbh.

Pure space wolves are lacking in melta and ignore cover weapons. They also hurt from not having a good  (shooty) MC/elite killer unit.

I think it's mostly a fun codex with great internal balance. Just not 'good' while we still have those 5-6th ed books still around. 

From the new White Dwarf. There are some pics are floating around too. I have some on my blog and you can also check out Mexican Ork on Facebook.

Shield of Baal: Leviathan is the opening installment of a new narrative campaign for Warhammer 40,000, depicting the Tyranid invasion of the Cryptus System, the Shieldworlds of Baal. The campaign follows the harrowing events as multiple worlds are struck by massive elements of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Against this onslaught the Imperium calls upon the regiments of the Astra Militarum, a Militarum Tempestus strike force and even a convent of the Adepta Sororitas, hurling them into battle against a foe that seeks to harvest worlds.

Leviathan consists of two hardback books in a slipcase. The first, weighing in at 152 pages, contains the tale of the opening phase of the invasion of the Cryptus system, an enthralling story with a fantastic cast of heroes and villains, along with orders of battle describing the major battles, maps of the critical war zones and background history of the area and is topography. The story within this book thunders along, with bloody battle, amazing locations and rising horror.

The second book, The Rules, contains a wealth of gaming material. There’s so much jammed into its 64 pages that it’s hard to imagine how they could have packed more in. Within it you’ll find:
  • Echoes of War. A series of six fantastic scenarios that depict the major events of the battles in the Cryptus system.
  • Cities of Death. A complete expansion for Warhammer 40,000 with six new missions and objectives to bring the carnage of urban combat to your games.
  • Death from the Skies. Rules for fighter aces in your games of Warhammer 40,000.
  • Forces of Leviathan. A new detachment for Tyranid players to represent Hive Fleet Leviathan, complete with Warlord Traits, data sheets for new units, Tyranid formations and more.
With a sweeping narrative and amazing new rules, Shield of Baal: Leviathan is a must for all Warhammer 40,000 fans.

Space Wolves are still an excellent book. They hardly got nerfed. Rune Priests did. That's about it.

WHAT!?!

Long fangs, Grey Hunters, Wolf Guard (and the way they deploy) all got nerffed... Seriously nerffed. Assault cannons got nerffed by rule book. Having got my hands on champions of fenris I'm beginning to feel like there might be hope.

And If you want to get pedantic about the difference between nerffed and "costing brought into line with other codecies" Go hang out with politicians!

And while we're at it: I think their flyer is a thing of beauty- that's subjective though. But it's expensive to buy and field. Hellfrost weapons mystify me, are they actually any good? The New dreadnought is an abomination. MurderFang; you ever got him into CC? It's a harder job than putting DCo dread in raven, and the results ARE fun but not as good!

That's got my anticipation fatigue pushed to the back of my mind, spleen vented for another week or two!

Long Fangs and Grey Hunters are now more expensive because they have been brought in line with the other PA codices. That can hardly happen to BA, where most units are more expensive or equally costed than the equivalents in DA or SM.

We'll see what happens with Mephiston or the fragioso - blender dreads which seem to be the units subject to rule/stat nerfing. But none are auto includes. Vanguards will lose the divergent heroic intervention likely, but they'll become reasonably priced. Whatever they come up with for DC is a mystery :)...hopefully jump DC will be viable again. Everything else can only remain the same or improve (both rules wise and price wise). Personally I feel nothing in the current BA dex can really be nerfed too bad, and there's plenty of stuff that can get better rules and/or reduced prices.

Pure space wolves are lacking in melta and ignore cover weapons. They also hurt from not having a good  (shooty) MC/elite killer unit.

I think it's mostly a fun codex with great internal balance. Just not 'good' while we still have those 5-6th ed books still around. 

They get triple melta Grey Hunters.... And who runs pure anything anymore? 

Things like MM bikes and sternguard became more expensive in the SM 'dex, tac squads stayed the same. If our signature units get a slight nerf we could actually end up in the same spot or worse compared to today.

That's a lot of ifs and buts though, I think we'll be better off in the end.  :)

They get triple melta Grey Hunters.... And who runs pure anything anymore? 

Big expensive squads to take only 3 meltas (some of them combi-meltas) are not ideal. The almost mandatory drop pod delivery also make it easier for the opponent to make sure those shots will be taken under less than ideal circumstances (cover, outside 6"). 

From the games I've played so far vs the new wolf dex they seem very dependent on having at least one storm wolf perform well, or having a crutch in the form of a knight or other ally. And that's vs non WAAC lists. 

Just to make it clear, when I say 'worse' it's strictly from a power/tier perspective. 

All the newer codex have fixed the internal balance so that there's much fewer of those terribad units that are almost like playing with a handicap.

I can't be the only one who's looking forward to dusting off underused units like bikers or tacticals.

I really hope we get a good use for Sanguinary guard. AP 4 on the Angelus bolt guns is practically worthless against anyone but Eldar and don't get me started on the changes to the Glaives!

I really DO NOT want to see a Sanguinary Guard terminator unit or the like.

The thing is there are so many possibilities of making our sanguinary guard better its almost impossible to make them worse and very much likely that they will be made much better. i feel that in the almost inevitable lack of being able to make them a troop choice that it will actually benefit them as it won't get costed into there profile. i would take them with just a nice change to glaive encarmines and a points drop to 30 points base each :) 

Podding Wolves were always top tier before in competitive play. And that was spamming them out. They're cheaper now. And can get 3 Melta per squad instead of 2. And can Divination up as well with dirt cheap Rune Priests or use Wolf Priests for Preferred Enemy.

Sure you can just ally in Legion of the Damned now and do that job better but meh, they're not really worse.

And with regards to your second post I wholeheartedly agree.... I would love to see a variety of builds opening up. Access to USRs and special rule bonuses through Special Characters or Formations would help a lot. As it stands unless they become super cheap, I still don't see Assault Marines being good in general.

I would love to see the Blood Angels play like a subtle, fast moving force that relies on combinations to work, much like the PDF dex back in the day with their buff bubbles.

At the moment I am just running white scars bikes painted red and black.... Meh.

Just to make it clear, when I say 'worse' it's strictly from a power/tier perspective.

All the newer codex have fixed the internal balance so that there's much fewer of those terribad units that are almost like playing with a handicap.

I can't be the only one who's looking forward to dusting off underused units like bikers or tacticals.

But surely if you wanna play with tacs you use smurfs, if you wanna use bikes you run Raven guard- etc etc.?

But surely if you wanna play with tacs you use smurfs, if you wanna use bikes you run Raven guard- etc etc.?

Personally I want to be able to play Blood Angels. 

I am so very glad that you don't write codices! msn-wink.gif

Archived