What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

In addition to the FT showing up fighting the nids, has anyone else noticed what the Toxicrene is standing on? That's right, a BA terminator that comes with the box.

Excellent...

EDIT:

Looks like a nice sculpt too, I'll be trying to get my hands on one of those! Hints at BA 1st Co involvement fighting the nids?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Toxicrene

This has been discussed. I see no reason to believe that it's a hint, to be honest. Bases get weird stuff all the time.

The new thousand sons helmet on the base of thunder wolf cavalry led to new thousand sons models, there's actually a lot of precedent here.

EDIT: I will surely acquire one of these from a bitz site; will make for an excellent target marker..

Thats what I'll be using them for when i get my new gribblies.

In addition to the FT showing up fighting the nids, has anyone else noticed what the Toxicrene is standing on? That's right, a BA terminator that comes with the box.

Excellent...

EDIT:

Looks like a nice sculpt too, I'll be trying to get my hands on one of those! Hints at BA 1st Co involvement fighting the nids?

This has been discussed. I see no reason to believe that it's a hint, to be honest. Bases get weird stuff all the time.

The new thousand sons helmet on the base of thunder wolf cavalry led to new thousand sons models, there's actually a lot of precedent here.

EDIT: I will surely acquire one of these from a bitz site; will make for an excellent target marker..

Did it, though? I can't remember any new TS models being released, except for that re-pack of the "upgrade sprue".

Might be mistaken, but I really can't remember.

Snorri

Excellent...

EDIT:

On it's own I wouldn't say it's anything, but there are a lot of Blood Angels sprinkled around right know. All of the releases from Black Library, the Flesh Tearers being all over the new White Dwarf, the Blood Angel on the Toxicrene base, etc.

On it's own I wouldn't say it's anything, but there are a lot of Blood Angels sprinkled around right know. All of the releases from Black Library, the Flesh Tearers being all over the new White Dwarf, the Blood Angel on the Toxicrene base, etc.

But what does that mean?

It's pretty much a given that the Blood Angels are next, the BIG question is: "When exactly and what will we get?"

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Shield of Baal is the first release for the campaign. There will be more. It comes in two hardback books and in a slipcase.

book 1 comes with all the details on the invasion- background
includes the invasion of the Cryptus System, called the shieldworlds of Baal.
the astra militarum, blood angels and even the sisters of battle are mentioned here.

book 2 is rules including, Echoes of War scenarios (6), a cities of death expansion with 6 new missions, death from the skies rules for aerial combat.  

Forces of Leviathan: a new detachment for Tyranids with warlord traits, datasheets for new units, and new formations.

Source

But what does that mean?

It's pretty much a given that the Blood Angels are next, the BIG question is: "When exactly and what will we get?"

Sanctus Reach was announced on July 1st. Stormclaw on July 11th. Space Wolves Codex on August 1st. It's a safe bet to say that we should have everything in a month or so (by year's end).

As to what, I doubt we'll get nothing like the Grey Knights release. You don't spend all this time building up a campaign and having the Blood Angels be the focus of it without releasing new kits. I'd imagine the release will be comparable to the Space Wolves.

But what does that mean?

Sanctus Reach was announced on July 1st. Stormclaw on July 11th. Space Wolves Codex on August 1st. It's a safe bet to say that we should have everything in a month or so (by year's end).

As to what, I doubt we'll get nothing like the Grey Knights release. You don't spend all this time building up a campaign and having the Blood Angels be the focus of it without releasing new kits. I'd imagine the release will be comparable to the Space Wolves.

That seems like a good theory. What did the Space Wolves get, again? A new flyer, a new dreadnought kit that brought with a resculpt of an old character and a new character, some resculpted characters - one of them radically imagined - and...? Was that it?

But what does that mean?

That seems like a good theory. What did the Space Wolves get, again? A new flyer, a new dreadnought kit that brought with a resculpt of an old character and a new character, some resculpted characters - one of them radically imagined - and...? Was that it?

I think that covers it, yeah. I would expect something similar. We don't really need any new units.

But what does that mean?

I think that covers it, yeah. I would expect something similar. We don't really need any new units.

By that theory, I'd guess...

• New Dante, Mehpiston, and Tycho.

• New flyer in the stormtalon range (ie. an air superiority fighter, not a gunship/transport).

• MAYBE a new version of the dreadnought kit so that it includes the option for a character or two, like a return of Moriar the chosen? I have a hard time with this... the furioso/death company dreadnought box doesn't really need a revamp.

• New assault marine box (good for everyone, but we'll use it more).

Until a reliable source says otherwise I'm unwilling to assume we'll get anything more than a codex and limited model in the campaign box. At a stretch I'll buy that we'll get a re-sculpted character and the vanilla assault marine box will come out, too.

I feel like the plethora of new 'nid kits reduces the possibility of us getting much new stuff.

Who else would like them to give us good options for a Chapter Master?

Just so people with Successors can create their own with some nice BA (or maybe even generic) Relics and bad-ass stat-line, because let's face it, the captain sucks.

Would be nice so we don't have to ALWAYS have a Reclusiarch/ Librarian or Special Character "Count As"

If my wish isn't heeded I shall just have to continue using the Malakim Phoros rules laugh.png

I feel like the plethora of new 'nid kits reduces the possibility of us getting much new stuff.

Really? I feel the exact opposite. If they are going to release models for an older army why would they ignore one of their best selling armies (ie Space Marines)?

Just so people with Successors can create their own with some nice BA (or maybe even generic) Relics and bad-ass stat-line, because let's face it, the captain sucks.

Would be nice so we don't have to ALWAYS have a Reclusiarch/ Librarian or Special Character "Count As"

If my wish isn't heeded I shall just have to continue using the Malakim Phoros rules laugh.png

Me for sure. Wolves have so many items that they can take for their commanders while ours are a little better than a veteran sergeant. I want to be able to take a death mask, an artificer armor and some new relics.

my guess is:

a new assault marine kit (because its one of the only kits in the marine range still needing an update)

update for 1, maybe 2 of our characters, i doubt any more than that will be updated...

maybe a new flyer kit, but tbh, i actually highly doubt it.

i.e. I don't really see us getting anything specifically blood angel beyond maybe a character or two, anything else is likely to be generic marine that happens to be painted some shade of red for the release.

I still feel that the Sanguinor would make a far better LoW than Mephiston, the Sanguinor could have a larger-than-marine model (rather than the pipsqueak he is now) and be in a dynamic flying pose. The guy beats up major blood thirsters in the fluff afterall.

I hope DC tycho and mephiston regain IC status, I'd be happy if nothing else changed about mephiston tbh.

Dante needs to strike at init, or have eternal warrior, or both, replace the dodgy mask rule with something strategic as is befitting one of the greatest strategists of 40k.

outside of that, i imagine points reductions and other stuff brought in line with regular marines.

Really? I feel the exact opposite. If they are going to release models for an older army why would they ignore one of their best selling armies (ie Space Marines)?

Well I think there's the distinction to make between us and SM, I can see them introducing another vanilla kit (maybe rejigged devastators to make them compatible with the new tactical plastics)  alongside new assault marine rather than additional BA stuff. Then again, I am a massive pessimist.

I would hit that like the fist of the Emperor.

I would hit that like the fist of the Emperor.

Yeah, I'd be all over that too.

Or, I'll take a significant price reduction on Dante since my Chapter Master is already modeled to function as a counts-as Dante w/ jump pack, infernus pistol, and axe.

I thought the nipples were what made it BA? That and the bronze tan. Regular marines don't have such sculpted bod's.

If there's a boxed set...this will be interesting. I'd have to weigh up buying that to get the (hopefully) exclusive character model, but I hope the other models in there will be useful. Maybe the new assault squad? I reckon death co, furioso dread, assault squad, character. That would be a immediate purchase from me.

£75 for the box + 30 for the codex I can manage.

Archived