What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I think the Space Hulk Termies would stay with the box set... but now that I've said that publicly, GW will see that sales of the full game have tailed off sufficiently to warrant selling the models separately laugh.png

There was that rumour a little while ago about a "Blood Brothers" unit, and this is not me trying to regurgitate potential nonsense, but various iterations spoke of either Terminators with a new weapon option, or Sanguinary Guard Terminators but like I said, this had no basis for any fact. If it is indeed a Captain model, and particularly for the 1st Company, I think many would be happy to see Artificer Armour with a Jump Pack, as befits his status - but also because that would give a healthy indication that our regular Captains in the new Codex would have access to Artificer Armour too, making them a viable HQ option which was a horrible omission from the current book.

I would never expect to see DC Termies... ever.

It does seem like there is some truth in the varying recurring rumours though.

• We were rumoured to have BA-specific Terminators and Space Hulk was re-released
  • We were rumoured to have a new Captain model and there is now a strong indication of one being in the Shield of Baal campaign set
  • Almost everyone dismissed the Tyranid and Chaos second waves, and now they are arriving

I find that quite interesting really. However, this "Blood Brothers" rumour has vanished thankfully.

I can see the possibility of necrons getting involved some how but if they do I hope its not necron blood angel bromance i see touted on the internet...

For :cuss's sake. It was this one time that they decided to pause in killing each other to kill someone else. Is there really such a failure of imagination in this hobby that we round "dramatic, do-or-die temporary alliance" to "bromance?" Ugh. You all are going to make me go back to Dropzone Commander.

You actually made me laugh :) 

However, this "Blood Brothers" rumour has vanished thankfully.

For now msn-wink.gif

Being in this for the hobby as well as the gaming, I'll never say no to getting new and unique units, providing the models are cool and the rules aren't dump. The one problem I've had over the last couple of editions though is how much easier it is to "justify" new units to many of the other armies that aren't Loyalist Marines of a particular flavour. For things like Nids, Orks, Daemons and so on, GW can always think up weird and wonderful new units for those races as the background doesn't constrain them anything like the background to a Marine Chapter. Regular Marines being set within 1000 strong Chapters, 100 Marines per Company and with a "set" pool in the armoury sometimes makes it feel a bit weird when you get something totally new out of nowhere (Stormtalon, Hunter/Stalker, Centurions etc).

I totally get that you have to breathe new life into the Marine range, and on the whole I'm ok with what they've come up with so far, but I have a strong attachment to the background of the game as well (a lot of it is what drove me into the hobby in the first place, and it continues to do so as the fluff eveolves), and sometimes I see something new and all of a sudden I can't get the letters "STC!!!" from out of my vision laugh.png

Just had a quick look through the internets and a Spanish blog has a link to some images from the next white dwarf and there's one with some familiar shoulder pads in the foreground... Flesh tearers supplement??

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--6amCIb4hrg/VFiG2nf6StI/AAAAAAAAXgE/cLe6-NrXR94/s1600/received_10203948498051206.webp

(I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this image so sorry if this causes any problems!)

That sure looks like someone took their sweet time to paint up some Flesh Tearers indeed..  BA Codex and Flesh Tearers supplement looking more and more real.

On the other hand, if the campaign box does indeed focus on Leviathan invading the Baal system, Dante recalled as many of the Successors as could come in defence of the home world. The Flesh Tearers were the first to respond and sent their entire Chapter compliment. So it could be both, a possible Flesh Tearers Supplement (which in all honesty appears the most obvious/logical choice), and a reinforcement of the theme of the campaign... maybe?

That sure looks like someone took their sweet time to paint up some Flesh Tearers indeed..  BA Codex and Flesh Tearers supplement looking more and more real.

On the other hand, if the campaign box does indeed focus on Leviathan invading the Baal system, Dante recalled as many of the Successors as could come in defence of the home world. The Flesh Tearers were the first to respond and sent their entire Chapter compliment. So it could be both, a possible Flesh Tearers Supplement (which in all honesty appears the most obvious/logical choice), and a reinforcement of the theme of the campaign... maybe?

Heck - even the Knights of Blood show up, and they were excommunicated a hundred years back!

Heck - even the Knights of Blood show up, and they were excommunicated a hundred years back!

Yeah, but those guys are famous for never missing a party tongue.png

True that.

"You mean there's an enemy somewhere? And it bleeds when you poke it? FIRE UP THE STRIKE CRUISER, BOYS!"

How come the Lamenters never showed up? What's their problem? Are they yellow? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Someone with better knowledge can probably answer better but I seem to remember that the entire Chapter got a severe mauling at the hands of the Nids and they were unable to make it.

Looks like we have a slight retcon going on. Despite it being written into C:BA that Baal was bracing for impact, we did infact survive the conflict and our successors sent us their aspirants to help rebuild out numbers.

(Lamenters didn't show because they are no more following their penitent crusade going wrong)

Looks like we have a slight retcon going on. Despite it being written into C:BA that Baal was bracing for impact, we did infact survive the conflict and our successors sent us their aspirants to help rebuild out numbers.

When did that happen?

Never read anything by him. Still trying to find a link to what I just posted but I'm certain I didn't make it up blush.png

What you mentioned Jol certainly marries with the Swallow trilogy. Once the combined Chapters repel the assault on the BA fortress, several of them offer up their raw recruits to help rebuild the massive losses sustained during the fight. For those of you who have read the unedited version of the last book in the series, Dante wakes up from what is effectively just a really bad dream, with the last words of the book having him say, "whew, I was only dreaming... and we really aren't that gullible and easily manipulated". msn-wink.gif

Never read anything by him. Still trying to find a link to what I just posted but I'm certain I didn't make it up blush.png

What you mentioned Jol certainly marries with the Swallow trilogy. Once the combined Chapters repel the assault on the BA fortress, several of them offer up their raw recruits to help rebuild the massive losses sustained during the fight. For those of you who have read the unedited version of the last book in the series, Dante wakes up from what is effectively just a really bad dream, with the last words of the book having him say, "whew, I was only dreaming... and we really aren't that gullible and easily manipulated". msn-wink.gif

Yeah, I read that but I didn't take it as the Darkest Hour timeline bit. Was it supposed to be?

In addition to the FT showing up fighting the nids, has anyone else noticed what the Toxicrene is standing on? That's right, a BA terminator that comes with the box.

Excellent...

EDIT:

Looks like a nice sculpt too, I'll be trying to get my hands on one of those! Hints at BA 1st Co involvement fighting the nids?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Toxicrene

In addition to the FT showing up fighting the nids, has anyone else noticed what the Toxicrene is standing on? That's right, a BA terminator that comes with the box.

Excellent...

EDIT:

Looks like a nice sculpt too, I'll be trying to get my hands on one of those! Hints at BA 1st Co involvement fighting the nids?

This has been discussed. I see no reason to believe that it's a hint, to be honest. Bases get weird stuff all the time.

Excellent...

EDIT:

This has been discussed. I see no reason to believe that it's a hint, to be honest. Bases get weird stuff all the time.

The new thousand sons helmet on the base of thunder wolf cavalry led to new thousand sons models, there's actually a lot of precedent here.

EDIT: I will surely acquire one of these from a bitz site; will make for an excellent target marker..

Excellent...

EDIT:

The new thousand sons helmet on the base of thunder wolf cavalry led to new thousand sons models, there's actually a lot of precedent here.

Huh. I had not known that. Interesting. Thanks.

Archived