What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

^ With a negative modifier to the blind test if you've painted your Sang Guard with Vallejo Liquid Gold. Shiny ! ;)

Would a drop to 25pts and 5++ make Sang Guard playable ? They'd still struggle versus dedicated assault units.

I can really see how they could feasibly change the Sanguinary Guard. Giving them a 5++ would make little sense, unless it was a squad-wide purchasable upgrade for the (for example) standard bearer.

the reason i thought enemies taking blind test against them would be good, is that it fits perfectly in game (eg increases survivabilty, as sort of a substitute for an invul), and it fits in fluff (the light of the angel warriors blinds the enemies of the emperor)

they also need better weapons, relic blades maybe...

I think we'll get FC as a chapter tactics equivalent.

I don't think that we'll get a jump pack speed increase or use in both phases... both because raven guard get it, and because at the rate they'd be giving out that rule they'd basically be admitting the basic jump pack rules don't work.

I'd be fine with that - I prefer the Descent of Angels use of Jump packs. To make that more viable, I'd like to see the existing rule replaced by something like "can move on deepstrike" - it's functionally not too much different to the current rule (gives probably better final position, but increases chances of a mishap). That would make deepstrike at least viable on it's own merits, and reduce (but not negate) interceptor weapons.

I'd also really hope that Vanguard still get to charge into CC on deepstrike, but I'm not holding out hope....

Oh, and if they change anything - can they remove master crafted on Sanguinary Guard? Having to roll each model's attack individually is really annoying!

Special rule: The Fast and the Furious

Blood Angel models equipped with a jump pack and attempt to overcharge their jump packs in the movement phase. The unit moves and extra D6 inches and suffers dangerous terrain checks. In addition,  the models gains furious charge until end of turn.

Special rule: The Fast and the Furious

Blood Angel models equipped with a jump pack and attempt to overcharge their jump packs in the movement phase. The unit moves and extra D6 inches and suffers dangerous terrain checks. In addition,  the models gains furious charge until end of turn.

new character sergeant: vin diesel

I am a fan of our fast vindicators, I would like to see them go down in points but thats hopeful thinking since they have the fast profile.  I also agree with most on here, that our points need to be more in line with other books.  I would love to see a couple new units, and thats about it.

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/01/update-rules-coming-alongside-box-set.html

"In September there'll be a new Campaign featuring 1 imperial and 1 non imperial army which astute readers will be able to guess at because you already rumoured about it, just not correctly."

So there was a previous rumor going around which I'm guessing this source is referring to the snap fit BA and Necron models seen.  With Imperial Knights in March, and IG in April, possibilities of BA and Orks seem pretty plausible perhaps if you take the Necrons out of the equation for another Armageddon campaign.  GW always seems to include a SM army in their box sets for obvious selling reasons.  Keeping my fingers crossed for this!!

Bols has the BA/Ork box set rumour up for September, suggesting Ork codex before and BA codex after.

I'm still sceptical about the updated 6th ed rules, and perhaps more sceptical of a new starter set. Surely GW will want to maximise profits from Dark Vengeance? Unless it's selling badly I guess...

it seems unlikely that the boxed set would be quite so one sided tbh... much as I really want this to be true (will harken back to 2e, which I just barely missed (I got into the hobby at the age of 9 and the 3rd ed book was out not so long after)

Archived