++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

i wish we could get a total number of companies and make changes as we need to our own fluff...and then GW takes it from there...haha

...scratch that...all our guys would be dead within a weeks time against Snipers, Eldar, Tau Gun lines, Grey Knights, and Smurfs...

No they won't. Or at least mine won't. I'll kill them myself fighting White Scars before I let that happen. No better prey than a fellow Huntsman.

Lie to yourself all you wish, child. No one survived the Last War; you are all just corpses who forgot to stop breathing.

We know the truth.  Our father was betrayed and set us free to cut the Imperium a million times a million times until it bleeds its last drop out and finally dies before us.

And what is this great truth? The False Father was no better than the False Emperor, treating us as blades to be broken before being thrown away. They were one and the same. At least the Throne-Corpse was honest about being a monster. No, I fight for myself, I die for myself. I will make my fate. For I am Death. I am Despair. And I am Destruction. And as long as my hands bear this Red of Sinners, I will no more obey Curze than I would the Emperor and I can assure you, I have broken those oaths long ago.

Lie to yourself all you wish, child. No one survived the Last War; you are all just corpses who forgot to stop breathing.

We know the truth.  Our father was betrayed and set us free to cut the Imperium a million times a million times until it bleeds its last drop out and finally dies before us.

Curze was a fool as well. We kill and murder because we enjoy it, not through any pretty notions of vengeance or duty to our father.

OT: We had probably best knock off the RP aspect before any mods swoop in, remember the pirate thread someone had going a short time ago that kept getting that warning?

OT: We had probably best knock off the RP aspect before any mods swoop in, remember the pirate thread someone had going a short time ago that kept getting that warning?

That was my Akan Reavers, and yeah, focus might be a good idea. :sweat:

I know he's Retired, but did Brother Nihm ever claim a company number? While he may have wandered away into the warp, he was one of those that kept me interested in the Ruinous Powers during 4th and 5th edition, so I feel he should be honored.

Honestly, I don't know. His blog has been closed down. I couldn't find one in a brief perusal of his WIP thread, but maybe someone can find what I missed.

LINKY

Will this thread also house a place for the despicable VIIIth to show off their WIP/Completed models/Armies??

I am still working the history of my characters along with whether or not I will be using solely FW mkII-mkIV armor to do the project, or just a lot of of it mixed in with some GW stuff for uniqueness and all that BS...

So this will be a good place to get to know more of you and absorb more lore, banter, and apparently, mashed potatoes...

End of Line

Will this thread also house a place for the despicable VIIIth to show off their WIP/Completed models/Armies??

I am still working the history of my characters along with whether or not I will be using solely FW mkII-mkIV armor to do the project, or just a lot of of it mixed in with some GW stuff for uniqueness and all that BS...

So this will be a good place to get to know more of you and absorb more lore, banter, and apparently, mashed potatoes...

End of Line

So do we give more of a history fluff wise here?

To Answer all the questions on fluff/models/WIPs, this thread is simply a shout out to gather all the Night Lords under one room and make them aware of our intentions. I plan on PM-ing the Mods to find the best home for our future thread. What I would like to hear is everyone's opinion on whether or not they would like to see the thread only composed of Fluff and Finished projects, or Works in Progress as well.

I personally like the idea of a clean thread filled with great fluff anecdotes and nice pictures of finished Mindnight clad brethren. In which case we would probably create our bat cave over in the hall of honor. Let me know your thought brothers and sisters.

Son of a.........................

You could have said something in the PM.:pinch:

Haha sorry about that brother, it's all good though. Crixus and the 3rd Company died to a man beneath the walls of Terra, so you're more than welcome to use the title, in fact I'd be honored if you did :)

Let's just say that Crixus began walking the Crimson Path earlier than a good number of his brothers.

Crixus was the first of the World Eaters officer cadre to attend the Warrior Lodge meetings of the XII Legion, and was among the first wave that assaulted Istvaan III alongside the Red Angel. It was on those blasted and irradiated fields that he took the heads of several former brothers, mementos of the moment his legion became free. He began renewing this act with each victory of the XII, taking the heads in recognition of that fateful day on Istvaan. The heads of former brothers became a symbol, a statement. To the Marines of the 3rd Assault Company he embodied everything a true World Eater should be, implacable, driven, and without remorse. A true warrior with the skulls to prove it. As the Heresy unfolded and the XII found itself thrown into war-zone after war-zone, the reasons and meaning for the skull taking began to erode beneath bite of the nails and the fury of conflict. By the time the fateful assault on Terra began, Crixus was concerned with nothing more than collecting the severed heads of any who stood before him, friend or foe. There was no reason, no ideal, only the hard-wired, burning imperative to claim the skulls of the fallen. What records survive from that dark day indicate that the 3rd Company died to man during the assault on the Annapurna Gateway, though no body was ever recovered, it is likely that Crixus indeed perished alongside his men.

- Excerpt from "Astartes Commanders of Great Crusade", by Octian Lindros, M32.

I based him off this guy, as if he was the 30k roots of the infamous World Eater Warlord of the 41st Millennium. 

Linky

Edit: Scroll down to the notable World Eaters section.

Edited by Brother Heinrich

I  am for a more "clean" approach to this topic which would serve as a gathering place for us. Maybe you should just put links beside our companies to our P&M blogs and then after Mods approve it, open the gallery topic for finished minis and/fluff.