++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

If you don't mind a newbie joining in for a moment, I want to say thank you to Kol!

"Do it! Not because you need to have our approval, but because you have your approval! And that is all you need" As a returning painter and modeller that was exactly what I needed to hear to be able to get really into building my own Night Lords warband.

I am working on the Bonekeepers, not a company or remnant as such but a group of recently created Night Lords led by a handful of ancient Traitors addicted to gene modification and trying to mix natural philosophy with trying to find a formula for becoming "Apex Predators". They have a nasty habit of abducting the young of the worlds they encounter, forcibly transforming and indoctrinating them, and surgically grafting bones and organs from fallen brothers into the next generation to give them combat experience and memories. Let Terror be borne in the Blood and the Bone!

Thanks for the inspirational thread guys!

Freakin' sweet. I like the Bonekeepers. If they don't have a company designation, where can we stick them in the roster?

Both noted and recorded!

You know, seeing all those companies of his creation, I've started to wonder what A D-B thinks of Nightlords fans by now. Does he think we're kinda cool for having such an interest in the fluff, or like we're desperate nerds clinging to material *waaay* in the past now that he's on to newer things? 

Like Star Trek fans still trying to run down Patrick Stewart with TNG quotes ^_^

Both noted and recorded!

You know, seeing all those companies of his creation, I've started to wonder what A D-B thinks of Nightlords fans by now. Does he think we're kinda cool for having such an interest in the fluff, or like we're desperate nerds clinging to material *waaay* in the past now that he's on to newer things? 

Like Star Trek fans still trying to run down Patrick Stewart with TNG quotes :happy.:

It'd be hilarious if that were so. The perfect reflection of Curze in the fluff, disgusted by sons who have nothing but adoration for him.

Both noted and recorded!

Like Star Trek fans still trying to run down Patrick Stewart with TNG quotes :happy.:

It'd be hilarious if that were so. The perfect reflection of Curze in the fluff, disgusted by sons who have nothing but adoration for him.

Welp he wont be disappointed in us huh

Much as I would love to dive headfirst back into RP mode and debate the finer points of our genetic father, we should shy away from that lest we get off topic. I've seen AD-B mention multiple times on his blog how stoked he is when Night Lords fans send him versions of 1st Claw and artwork of Talos & crew. I know I'd be happy if my books were that successful and left such a lasting and positive impact on a group of hobbyists.

Back on topic with the thread though, I'll get with Flint and hopefully sometime this week we can launch the showcase thread, we definitely have a venerable roster going as is and others can join as they come.

Good point, that's waaaaay to crazy meta for me now that I think about it....

Curze grew to hate his sons which loved and hated him in equal measure which was mirrored by Talos who grew to hate his legion while being loved and hated in equal measure which was a trilogy written by a man who grew to hate his annoying fans who loved and hated him in equal measure...

Anywho, yeah! We are well on our way to getting our community thread going. It will also be tagged "Awesome Incarnate," because, why wouldn't it?

Stay tuned! 

"The Nightmare Princes"

Led by Captain Anko Harrada, the Nightmare Princes continue to follow the tenants and teachings of the Night Haunter long after his death. However, as a result of exposure to the ruinous powers and the warping effects of the long war, the Nightmare Princes are more tainted than they would like to admit. Despite this, they do not make use of Daemons and lack the any obvious physical mutations.

Long ago addicted to war and the thrill of the kill, the Nightmare Princes make use of heavy weaponry, shock and awe tactics and forbidden weaponry to scare their foes witless.

Machiavellian, cruel and spiteful. The Nightmare Princes are the arrogant killers that lurk within the shadows of the dying Imperium, biding their time for the moment to strike.

I find Abyss is worth the price. I haven't been able to replicate any of my older models to the same standard as when I had abyss, I think they look far better than using kantor blue or whatever it was I've been using.

Edit: Forte, checking out their paints now, have you used Deadly Nightshade? If you have is it close to Necron Abyss?

Edited by Tanith Ghost

I went with Kantor blue for maybe six or so of my Nightlords. It isn't aweful once you hit it with some highlights and drakenhoff, but it isn't great either. Everything from my terminators since has used a mix of VGC Storm Blue and Abaddon black. 

I sort of what to try this deadly nightshade and see what it's like. Apparently Coat d'Arms is difficult to procure in the states, however.

**EDIT:** That first page roster is looking freakin' sweet!

Edited by Flint13

My blue is a 1:15 mix of VGC Black:VMA French Blue. I then wash it with Badab black to dim it down. You can airbrush inks and they will behave like a glaze, this is how I color match my vehicles to my infantry. I then do a fine edge highlight of VGC Magic Blue.

Edit: by Badab Black, I mean nuln oil. Freaking GW why can't you pick a color name and stIck to it?

Edited by Brother Heinrich