++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Let's just say that Crixus began walking the Crimson Path earlier than a good number of his brothers.

Crixus was the first of the World Eaters officer cadre to attend the Warrior Lodge meetings of the XII Legion, and was among the first wave that assaulted Istvaan III alongside the Red Angel. It was on those blasted and irradiated fields that he took the heads of several former brothers, mementos of the moment his legion became free. He began renewing this act with each victory of the XII, taking the heads in recognition of that fateful day on Istvaan. The heads of former brothers became a symbol, a statement. To the Marines of the 3rd Assault Company he embodied everything a true World Eater should be, implacable, driven, and without remorse. A true warrior with the skulls to prove it. As the Heresy unfolded and the XII found itself thrown into war-zone after war-zone, the reasons and meaning for the skull taking began to erode beneath bite of the nails and the fury of conflict. By the time the fateful assault on Terra began, Crixus was concerned with nothing more than collecting the severed heads of any who stood before him, friend or foe. There was no reason, no ideal, only the hard-wired, burning imperative to claim the skulls of the fallen. What records survive from that dark day indicate that the 3rd Company died to man during the assault on the Annapurna Gateway, though no body was ever recovered, it is likely that Crixus indeed perished alongside his men.

- Excerpt from "Astartes Commanders of Great Crusade", by Octian Lindros, M32.

I based him off this guy, as if he was the 30k roots of the infamous World Eater Warlord of the 41st Millennium. 

Linky

Edit: Scroll down to the notable World Eaters section.

Ah, so where my guy is getting his name as a job description, yours has his as a description of his MO. Sweet. I wonder what'd be like if they ran into each other?

first off thank you guys for organizing this :thumbsup:

and thanks brother Tanith for pointing me here!

my company are the "Screams of Despair" we used many company numerals in the past, depending on which Night Lord faction dominated or numbers.
since a decisive victory against a Space Wolf detachment a few years ago, brother Pythas leader of our Raptors became the new Lord of our warband and discarded the company number and named us "Screams of Despair.
since then he leads us from one bloody victory to the next...

-Screams of Despair (comprised mostly of elements of the 2nd and 16th, company)
-led by brother Pythas also called "Wolfbane"
-heavy use of raptors and bikes and strike and fade tactics

Edited by Wicced

+++ 66th Company - 'The Terror Storm' commanded by Captain Otto Vaamon +++

+++ We stand in midnight clad - proud brothers of the VIII Legion. +++

+++ Ave Dominus Nox +++

Edited by Bruegel

@ Tanith - Thanks! Don't want to leave him out.

and there i was, hoping to be left out and starting to scream "Murder Duel" at everybody :drool:

Don't worry buddy, we can still murder-duel! ^_^

Man I love looking at that roster on page 1 grow. Glad to see such a good turn out for this. I have a good feeling about when we create the showcase thread, both for fluff and models. It's gonna be all kinds of midnight beautiful.

I know right? We're up to 28 individual companies.

thanks for adding me, you've got two typos though.

my leader is called Pythas with an "a" not an "o" and the name of the warband has a typo in "despair".

no biggie, but prepare to be jumped in dark corners:pirate:

I'm going to muse here some of the musings in my head, for lack of a better place to do so. Plus, I wanted some feedback from the seasoned veterans of the VIIIth legion. I am currently working on 2 versions of my Night Lords Lord (lord). One with a jumper, and one with a 'bike'. and here's the thing I want to do with the bike lord. I want to put him atop a SW Thunderwolf. Here's why: I have a kit NoS. Just kidding (I do, though), the real reason goes like this. Which is more frightening, a squad of bikes hurdling towards you with lightning crackling off their armor, OR a squad of bikes hurdling towards you with lightning crackling off their armor lead by a commander riding a jet black feral wolf??!! I know, right??!! So accompanied by some 'well written' fluff and putting the whole 'it's your army, do what you will with it', what do you all think of the idea??

I'm currently waiting for a few bits in the mail and the FW NL Raptor kit and this project will begin to take life (along with the other billion things I am currently working on)!!

As an upstart, I am glad you guys got this thread going!! It's going to give me a place for additional research.

End of Line

It isn't a bad idea, and there's certainly nothing wrong with you morphing the fluff a bit to fit a cool idea. For my own company, I just expanded on the offhanded thought from Blood Reaver that there are mountain lions and hill people somewhere on Nostromo. Funnily enough, that was typically the thing people *loathed* about A D-B's additional Nightlords fluff.

It isn't a bad idea, and there's certainly nothing wrong with you morphing the fluff a bit to fit a cool idea. For my own company, I just expanded on the offhanded thought from Blood Reaver that there are mountain lions and hill people somewhere on Nostromo. Funnily enough, that was typically the thing people *loathed* about A D-B's additional Nightlords fluff.

Which was kind of funny since the olden days of the IA articles, Nostramo has only had five hive-cities. Was the rest of the planet chop liver or something? Then again, the IA articles also had a description for putting in a long length of time between Nostramo and the Heresy, and yet Nostramo being destroyed twenty years before Istvaan V is some sort of mind blowing retcon. So yeah. Hindsight is 20/20. :tongue.:

I'm going to muse here some of the musings in my head, for lack of a better place to do so. Plus, I wanted some feedback from the seasoned veterans of the VIIIth legion. I am currently working on 2 versions of my Night Lords Lord (lord). One with a jumper, and one with a 'bike'. and here's the thing I want to do with the bike lord. I want to put him atop a SW Thunderwolf. Here's why: I have a kit NoS. Just kidding (I do, though), the real reason goes like this. Which is more frightening, a squad of bikes hurdling towards you with lightning crackling off their armor, OR a squad of bikes hurdling towards you with lightning crackling off their armor lead by a commander riding a jet black feral wolf??!! I know, right??!! So accompanied by some 'well written' fluff and putting the whole 'it's your army, do what you will with it', what do you all think of the idea??

I'm currently waiting for a few bits in the mail and the FW NL Raptor kit and this project will begin to take life (along with the other billion things I am currently working on)!!

As an upstart, I am glad you guys got this thread going!! It's going to give me a place for additional research.

End of Line

I think the idea of a SM riding a wolf is ridiculous... Addition of Thunder Wolves spoiled Space Wolves for me forever - which is a shame since I planed to build an Iron Wolf company... The concept seems so... childish! Edited by Brother Kirus

If you don't mind a newbie joining in for a moment, I want to say thank you to Kol!

"Do it! Not because you need to have our approval, but because you have your approval! And that is all you need" As a returning painter and modeller that was exactly what I needed to hear to be able to get really into building my own Night Lords warband.

I am working on the Bonekeepers, not a company or remnant as such but a group of recently created Night Lords led by a handful of ancient Traitors addicted to gene modification and trying to mix natural philosophy with trying to find a formula for becoming "Apex Predators". They have a nasty habit of abducting the young of the worlds they encounter, forcibly transforming and indoctrinating them, and surgically grafting bones and organs from fallen brothers into the next generation to give them combat experience and memories. Let Terror be borne in the Blood and the Bone!

Thanks for the inspirational thread guys!

I don't care if you think it's childish to ride a giant wolf into battle Kirus, I think it's more badass then, well the most badass thing possible. That's not the question I am asking really.

Heres the story: during a knock out, drag down fight with the Space Wolves on some far off moon the Tear's of Night come out victorious. While killing the wounded loyalist and searching for survivors Syndahl finds he is being stalked by one of the giant wolves left behind. Not one to turn down ANY kind of fight he allows the creature to think he's oblivious of it's presence. They soon become locked in a viscous battle. Fluffwise it is know that thunderwolves will succumb to warriors they recognize as dominant superior warriors. Syndahl is just that to the giant lupine. He forces it to submit to him and has ridden it into battle ever since.

Remember, I am coming into the fold from the VIth legion, so being able to incorporate some of that savagery into this army is really exciting to me.  

End of Line

I don't care if you think it's childish to ride a giant wolf into battle Kirus, I think it's more badass then, well the most badass thing possible. That's not the question I am asking really.

Heres the story: during a knock out, drag down fight with the Space Wolves on some far off moon the Tear's of Night come out victorious. While killing the wounded loyalist and searching for survivors Syndahl finds he is being stalked by one of the giant wolves left behind. Not one to turn down ANY kind of fight he allows the creature to think he's oblivious of it's presence. They soon become locked in a viscous battle. Fluffwise it is know that thunderwolves will succumb to warriors they recognize as dominant superior warriors. Syndahl is just that to the giant lupine. He forces it to submit to him and has ridden it into battle ever since.

Remember, I am coming into the fold from the VIth legion, so being able to incorporate some of that savagery into this army is really exciting to me.  

End of Line

Exactly. Do it.

End of Line

Then I misunderstood your question and my opinion should be disregarded. If it fits your fluff and it is something you want to work on from modeling prospective than you should do it!

I was just simply stating my opinion on introduction of TW cavalry in to 40k universe...

Edited by Brother Kirus

Hey man, Chaos Marines riding wolves makes more sense than Space Marines doing it lol. WEIRD STUFF happens in the EoT. I'm always all for encouraging the already rabid conversion community that is Chaos, so definitely go for it. My issues with Thunderwolf Cavalry and the like stem not from how they look (Which is awesome, big fan of LotR Warg Riders as well) but from a biological one. I tend to like a little more science with my fiction than some, and knowing how the biology of canids works tends to give me this reaction:

http://thefeministskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/7045873525_b2c9787fa1.jpg

When I think about a guy who weighs close to a ton in full armor riding around on the most flexible part of that creatures spine. A more realistic depiction of Thunderwolf Cavalry would be this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qYQuCcC_Ez8/Sntzq2FH5mI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/Le7YSdOxZqY/s320/lucy%2Bsmaller.jpg

They talk about in the extended features for LotR, the Two Towers, how they wanted to make the warg riders physically possible. The solution was to have them ride up on the shoulders of the Wargs themselves so that the weight of the rider wasn't being taken by the creature's flexible spine.

Now mind you, I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just illustrating my personal issues with riding wolves in fiction. However you could always model a bionic spine showing through and weave the narrative so that your dude broke its freaking back and thus subdued it and bound it to his will. Nothing shows dominance like breaking your foe's back, just talk to Magnus...

A lot of people have issues with the TWC, I know. I wasn't trying to bring up that old argument.

I am looking at it as both an exercise in writing back story and in modeling. So I will be going forth with the project, yes.

End of Line

A lot of people have issues with the TWC, I know. I wasn't trying to bring up that old argument.

I am looking at it as both an exercise in writing back story and in modeling. So I will be going forth with the project, yes.

End of Line

Good stuff, I look forward to reading the backstory. You don't have to make it believable on my account or anything, I just like throwing my opinion out there because lol. It'll be cool to see how you model him as well. I like stealing things from other legions and making them our own (like my Dark Angel bikes for instance, you mad bros?)

Edited by Brother Heinrich