The Lost and Forgotten: Building the II Legion

Athrawes

Whoa, that's unreal... I'm just glad that you and your family are okay.

There will be some trying days ahead my friend, just hang in there and everything will work itself out and remember where your mates are, I think I speak for us all when I say we're here for you when you need us and know our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

The Emperor truly protects! He has looked upon you and safeguarded you and your family from harm. Your works and dedication truly bring honour to his name. I hope all is well and that things will return to normal for you soon, my fellow frater of the expunged legions.

I want to thank you on behalf of my family for all of the kind replies and the well wishes, It means a great deal to me.  Because of you guys, this is more than simply a Forum, it is a community and for that I am grateful.

My family has settled into a hotel for the next few days. We are all well and have been well taken care of.

The fire appears to have started from a faulty outlet in our garage where a cycling air compressor was located. The fire spread from the garage and burned down about a third of the residential area of the house, including two bedrooms (mine) and a guest room, my office, a bunch of storage rooms and unfortunately my hobby room. One of our cars was destroyed in the garage and the car in the picture I took had the entire front section melted off so it is scrapped as well.

Surprisingly, the rest of the house was saved. Our home was a 50 year old remodel so the portion the fire destroyed was a newer addition, the gas and electricity were separate and thankfully the fire department has decided not to red flag our house. We will be allowed to move back in once the burned half has been sealed up and gas/electricity has been restored.

My family is fine, and we still have a home (at least most of one), so all things considered, I believe we are immensely lucky.

++++++

Now this is a hobby board, so I would like to mourn the loss of my hobby workshop. 15 years of painted armies, paint supplies and my current WIP were all lost. This includes, My tau army, my Death Korps of Krieg, My wood Elves and assorted others.

Some of the casualties did belong to my II Legion project.

Basically everything that was still a work in progress was lost, these were the project that were currently on my hobby bench. All told, I lost A Warhound titan, a Knight paladin, a Fellblade, a tactical squad worth of Lightning Bearers and my two Deredeo Dreadnoughts and a few scattered characters (raiden and Icarion being the most significant to me).

That is however, the extent of the loss from my II Legion Project as the rest of the army was (miraculously) still in my transport case from a game last tuesday with Depthcharge12.

So to Depthcharge12 I say, thank you for the game, you saved 70% of my army, in in light of all the other loses, that means more to me than I can put into words.

All of this being said, models can be replaced, paints restocked, and my fiery passion for the hobby has not yet been extinguished. I'll keep you guys posted on this project as it will be continuing, in some shape or form.

Perhaps the Emperor made a mistake when the 2nd was "Lost", but you did not!

Great to hear that some things were saved, although we'll all mourn what was lost.

Kudos to DepthCharge for inadvertainly saving most of your army!

Also, it's great to hear that you haven't lost your motivation.

I hope the house fix-up goes fast, and again, I'm glad no one was hurt.

At the end of the day, it's all just plastic and resin, and that can never compare to the loss or injury of family. Fortunately, you had none of the latter. Rest assured that we are looking forward to hearing more about the rebuilding, both of your home and your hobby. 

Agreed that at least the family is safe! I will mourn those fallen resin minis who tried to keep the fire at bay so you and your family may live, Icarion and old Raiden Athrawes must have died an epic death that would be worth a thousand sagas! In either case I'm glad that 70% survived as I would hate to see them go down like that!

Keep us updated brother!

Is the delegatus saved?

I'm happy to send my conversion once it's finished to the true father of the second.

I know the feeling of loosing your hobby space brother 6 months ago a woman smashed into my house destroying 2 warhound titans most of my books and pretty much my motivation was lost.

Not much more can be said bit know we're all here for you

Taron

Oww, those are some painful casualties. Still, it could have been a lot worse, at least you didn't lose the entire collection. (thanks to DepthCharge, saviour of the II Legion!).

If it's not too personal a question, how are you and your family holding up? This kind of thing can really shake a person, it's not something you just brush off.

Oww, those are some painful casualties. Still, it could have been a lot worse, at least you didn't lose the entire collection. (thanks to DepthCharge, saviour of the II Legion!).

If it's not too personal a question, how are you and your family holding up? This kind of thing can really shake a person, it's not something you just brush off.

So the 2nd legion owes the first? You know the Dark Angels will never let you forget it. biggrin.png

Archived