++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you've all had a good switch from 999021M03 to 001022M03!! May 021M03 be as utopic for you as ever and that you practice every thought for the day.

I finally finished an infantry miniature - the terminator I posted months and months ago!

SJmvn9n.jpg

bfNdaB9.jpg

In addition, I also repurposed a previously made terminator. Remember this guy?

Hidden Content

O33Towi.jpg

6ffH2AJ.jpg

I didn't really like his pose as the way his legs telegraph a certain action doesn't really vibe with his aiming a melta weapon, and I didn't like his cataphractii pads. So I changed him up to have a more menacing, open look. I used a found Terminator Lord claw and created a left handed combi bolter from a Power Sword hand, an old CSM terminator Combi Bolter, of which I replaced the chain link ammo feed with the drum ammo boxes of the cataphractii set. 

Here he is!
mPbI2b0.jpg

5qNczc0.jpg

I'd love to know what you think of the repose and if it's an improvement or not. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Shovellovin: Yeha man Contemptor's are hands down my favourite miniature to build. They're SO versatile! Joe Moscardini is known for his extremely realistic plasma glow and he has a great plasma glow tutorial on instagram.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks, Bjorn, as always :) 

@ Brother Carpenter: Hey buddy! Have you been here before? If not, welcome to the thread! 

@ LameBeard: Ha yeah I agree about that. The gloop is meant to be blood, but I agree it's totally uncool. 

@ BadgersinHills: Thaks, Badgers!

@ Majkhel: Haha you're not the only one! 

OOPS! I did it again. 

A contemptor. It's not a new one, long-visiting friends have already seen this one before.

Hidden Content

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpskfcruqmw.jpg

But I did add some trophies to it and repainted it to get it up to specs with my current World Eaters. So, without further ado - here's Ancient Ka'Ruat in his new livery:

PhkyQU6.jpg

sj7jpkN.jpg

dnhaQGh.jpg

y1q6H6d.jpg

vtgzayJ.jpg

eeJgH8y.jpg

QVRlh1A.jpg

wKCvc5l.jpg

Nice, eh? I really am enjoying this Warhounds colour scheme a lot, and am even considering painting all my Astartes vehicles in this livery, Daemon engines not so much, as they could never have been Astartes vehicles. But Drop Pods, Contemptors, and Terrax Drills? Sure :)

And then there where two!

8aFavSy.jpg

dEiCipQ.jpg

Because they are armed in a sort of Mirror Match and because their weapons are magnetized, I can totally swap these for a dual claw contemptor and a dual Multimelta wielding contemptor. :)

let me know what you think!

Cheers

Replies:

@ BadgersinHills: Thank buddy!

@ BCK: Hahaha I KNEW IT! There's always two camps when it comes to these heightened rocky bases. I guess we're not in the same camp. ;) 

@ Paladin7221: IT'S MINE!! 

Yeah when it comes to these bases, I agree it is a weird coincidence to see all of them on rocks - as if they suddenly all climbed on top of these rocks in the field. However I really want to see each and every single miniature as a collectors item, so I try to see their bases as a plinth like structure that abstractly symbolizes the battlefield. In this case, and Iron-dusted Daemon world full of skulls!

... Ancient Ka'Ruat...

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

Great work (as always) on these new world eaters, I wasn't totally onboard with the blue at first, but you've really pulled it of!

Edited by ElDuderino

Very nice work! I always admire the bravado in repainting a perfectly good mini to make it something more. And definitely something more it is :thumbsup: 
Base is great! I don't know how long does it take you to make one like that, but it seems you remain confident, creative and consistent in making them interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals,

After a couple of weeks on contemptor paitning duty, I finally did some infantry again - hurray!

Here's a couple of Berzerkers and their Aspiring champion.

Number one:
nys78iF.jpg

jCo7m6W.jpg

Number two:
lr5GtBo.jpg

Vq4t3YC.jpg

Aspiring Champion:
xJnHL2A.jpg

riDAlYg.jpg

Done! I'm VERY motiveated right now, as I've heard some wonderful news. I applied to SN Battle Reports to attend their yearly, very exclusive Warhammer 40,000 tournament No Retreat, and I just have had word that my application has been accepted! Hurray! 

And it's a double hurray, as this year there's only 24 spots instead of 48, like in previous years - while the number of applicants was at a record high with oer 160 this year! So I'm super happy, humbled, and dare I say a little bit proud of myself. :smile.: I hope you can forgive my moment's lapse in humility. :ohmy.:

Cheers

Replies:

@ Dwango: Thanks bud! Yeah I really like to make the poses as versatile as posible. What did I do with the name? O Ka'Ruat - yeah that's been his name since he was in red, and it's a public secret that KrautScietist and I are super chummy and name our miniatures after each other all the time. :wink:  

@ BadgersinHills: Thanks bud. Yeah for this army I've really tried to up my basing game. I've never shied away from basing and dare I say mine have never looked bad, but for this I wanted to really go to town. 

@ ElDuderino: Haha for sure!! And it's also quite sad, as KrautScientist was a very active contributor to this forum. He's gone off to the realm of video game design, unfortunately. 

@ Valkia the Bloody: Hello and welcome to this thread, buddy bud! I appreciate the comment!

@ BCK: Oh please do! I'd love to see you do a contemptor. How's that redemptor coming along?

@ Majkhel: AHha well if I purport to bravado in anything, it;s in my hobby. I have been known to put sawblades, stanly knives and other cutting implements to perfectly good and OOP miniatures, just for the sake of my OCD 'I must convert everything' mentality. 

@ ChazSexington: I'll answer your question if you promise to remove the quote of my entire comment just to reply to it (you know it's bad form on this (and any old-school) board - because you annoyingly force others to rewatch and scroll through something they've already seen, while it's perfectly doable to just write 'on those berzerkers' what size chain are you using?" :thumbsup: ) and promise to never do it again. The size chain I'm using is 1.5 mm. :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

KrautScientist was a very active contributor to this forum. He's gone off to the realm of video game design, unfortunately. 

Thank Heavens you said that; I confess as I'd not seen him around on here, in this Covid-crap I feared something terrible had happened to the man.

:sweat:

Haven't commented here in a hot minute, good to see you're still at it! :tu: (whereas I've been exceedingly lazy, especially with fatigue from waiting for releases and only being able to play the same lists at my FLGS because no one has money to really have multiple lists, let alone armies)

Liking the Contemptors, especially an old favourite (Ka'Ruat). The Tortuga Bay models are slick, and it makes me want to get them, but it annoys me they only accept payments through PayPal (even on their Etsy store), as I don't have one :lol:

Gonna echo Valkia about the models being a bit "clean" for World Eaters, but hey. They look amazing either way :yes:

Also:

KrautScientist was a very active contributor to this forum. He's gone off to the realm of video game design, unfortunately.

Thank Heavens you said that; I confess as I'd not seen him around on here, in this Covid-crap I feared something terrible had happened to the man.

:sweat:

Echoing this. Good to hear he's doing fine enough :yes:

@ ChazSexington: I'll answer your question if you promise to remove the quote of my entire comment just to reply to it (you know it's bad form on this (and any old-school) board - because you annoyingly force others to rewatch and scroll through something they've already seen, while it's perfectly doable to just write 'on those berzerkers' what size chain are you using?" :thumbsup: ) and promise to never do it again. The size chain I'm using is 1.5 mm. :thumbsup:

Promise :biggrin.: Thank you! Do you just glue them on all around? I'm curious about them moving and chipping.

Edited by ChazSexington

• 2 weeks later...