IHF's HH Designs [08/04 Ironwrought/Praevian Consul]

I wanted to give HH [10th Legion] players a chance to field a unit similar to the Fleshbane destroyers, and 'Absolom Destroyers' were an idea I came up with ages ago, so I finally decided to make some rules for them to help outline how I imagine this unit works:

gallery_53779_9225_323931.png

I've tried to make the points costs appropriate to those found in Betrayal & Massacre, but I'm not by any means a gamer, so any advice on how balanced / points appropriate they are would be really appreciated:

tell me what you think biggrin.png

Tbh I'd like the fw destroyers to be more like these. Sure they have rad grenades and can take rad missiles, but I'd like to see them be able to pick more chem stuff and like yours, rad cleansers.

Can't really coment on the balance, but I could do some play testing with your ruled to check them out.

Tbh I'd like the fw destroyers to be more like these. Sure they have rad grenades and can take rad missiles, but I'd like to see them be able to pick more chem stuff and like yours, rad cleansers.

Can't really coment on the balance, but I could do some play testing with your ruled to check them out.

Yeah, I kinda know what you mean - no pressure to test them btw, its was just a bit of fun to be honest - that is, unless you'd actually want to field them laugh.png

Anyway, here's a bit of a teaser for the upcoming Fleshbane profile [WIP]:

med_gallery_53779_9225_830803.png

Quick look after a night on the town, but they look good. I'd also love to see a breacher unit able to take destroyer wargear. Can imagine them advancing with shields locked, with the destroyer symbol on their shields.

Finally: the Fleshbane Profile. It was a long slog, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result, especially considering they all started as this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130625221145/warhammer40k/images/thumb/b/b4/Minotaurs_Tartaros.jpg/347px-Minotaurs_Tartaros.jpg

Not many changes to the 4 guys since the last update, other than adjusting the blood splatter so it actually obeys the laws of physics in terms of lighting.

gallery_53779_9225_1139958.png

gallery_53779_9225_214854.png

gallery_53779_9225_983940.png

Thanks for looking thumbsup.gif

Looking great !

With regards to the axes/pistol - did you look at using DG's Grave Warden unit as a way to make the unit legal in-game?  You could explain the Cata armour part of it through fluff - hardened veteran unit used to such hardship deserves the extra ++save.

Looking great !

With regards to the axes/pistol - did you look at using DG's Grave Warden unit as a way to make the unit legal in-game? You could explain the Cata armour part of it through fluff - hardened veteran unit used to such hardship deserves the extra ++save.

Well, their area of effect rules would be a cool way of representing the rad-taint that would surround them. To be honest, you could probably run them any way you wanted with appropriate justification - maybe the normal termies with combi-flamers. You could even use the deathshroud, as their hand flamers are relatively similar to Irad-weapons in the fact they're anit-infantry template weapons.

When it comes down to it, I'm not a gamer so the idea that anyone would even consider proxying these guys is incredibly awesome to me biggrin.png

Could you post these on forge world's Facebook page? Perhaps it will be a spark of inspiration so that fleshbanes become a reality biggrin.png

Sorry BassWave, there's no way I'm posting this stuff to the FW facebook page. However, I'd be happy for someone else to do it in my stead, just so long as they included a link to the 1st page of this thread cool.png

Ooh very true, what a miss on my part - yes, they could proxy using Death Shroud very easily (scythe - axe, flamer/meltabombs - chem/bomb weapons, 2 wounds - hardened self, and the right armour to boot).

It's more fun and engaging if you can actually get them proxied in the game through a set of rules - it makes them feel like an actual unit that not only uses your imagination, but would fit right at home in the grand scheme of things and demonstrates its validity :)

Thanks guys, glad you like him, which proves that uhhh.......beauty is about what's on the inside? Namely: awesome bionic stuff instead of disgusting fleshy organs.

Now: onto the big guns.

Veneratii Caleb, Dreadnought and former Fleshbane of the 21st Century, Order Primarii, Clan Brannsar

gallery_53779_9225_23340.png

Profile coming soon

Hmm, I love my dreads and contemptors... but I admit to never liking the Relic fancy version with the bling shenanigans :)

I wonder how it would look with the basic contemptor (DG style dread but with those helms you've used), and maybe with the spikes a little more spaced so they aren't too over kill.  Would they really care for all the pretty armour ?  Or would they prefer kit that looks evil, functions well in the worst conditions, and without requirements for the boys in purple to come polish it for him every weekend.  Bonding studs sure, extra armour, chain loin cloths, spiked helms, clawed grips all wonderful stuff, but the ornate armour feels a little out of place for the Fleshbane.

Loving where this is going though, so ignore my comments if they don't fit the ideas in your head :)

Hmm, I love my dreads and contemptors... but I admit to never liking the Relic fancy version with the bling shenanigans smile.png

I wonder how it would look with the basic contemptor (DG style dread but with those helms you've used), and maybe with the spikes a little more spaced so they aren't too over kill. Would they really care for all the pretty armour ? Or would they prefer kit that looks evil, functions well in the worst conditions, and without requirements for the boys in purple to come polish it for him every weekend. Bonding studs sure, extra armour, chain loin cloths, spiked helms, clawed grips all wonderful stuff, but the ornate armour feels a little out of place for the Fleshbane.

Loving where this is going though, so ignore my comments if they don't fit the ideas in your head smile.png

I know what you mean in terms of the relic contemptor, especially with the arching detailing above the 'head'. Ideally I'd have liked to use the DG dread designs, but the problem inherent with re-colouring Death Guard and World Eater designs is that both of them have large areas of relatively flat, light colour. This means to get them to a similar shade to those of the Iron Hands, they loose large amounts of definition, and there isn't a range of shading over each plate, so I can't really use them. Also, I'd love to take some basic designs and add 10th Legion esque bling to them [as in: cog-tooth patterns], but there aren't really any existing examples out there for me to edit in, and creating some that look convincingly 3D would be hugely time-consuming.

When it comes down to it, this guy is a veteran, and although his dread chassis isn't as functional as other equipment associated with the Destroyer Century, he is its second pilot, so it has been partially modded for his use, but still displays hallmarks of its previous owner.

But, I'll probably do a couple more dreads, which will be a bit more stripped-down. Anyway, thanks for the input, I'm really looking forward to the release of Extermination, which should have a raft of new designs to work from, especially those Raven Guard & Iron Warriors biggrin.png

Ah righty, I understand where you're coming from and your reasons behind it all make sense, you've obviously given it all the thought to make it work, it gets my thumbs up :)

Ooh, now that's a new take on MkII.   Modded for his awesomeness.  I like the half cog on the loin plates, looks as though he's trimmed it up a bit so it doesn't drag too low - an added armour piece to represent his unit traditions/looks, or for his added protection.  The clean helm feels as though it's a recent addition following a lost helm on a battlefield or something.  It's different, and I like it !

Archived