Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

Don't worry... there's still the 10 Drop Pods, assorted Devastators, a Whirlwind, Aegis Defence Line, Bastion, 2 Land Speeder Tornadoes, 2 Land Speeder Typhoons, Grimaldus and those Centurions that need to be painted...

My painting speed has also gone up thanks to some advice from the local veterans here... the problem lies with getting free time to paint as a month from now will be my exam week, and I'm on my final year.... :p

Okay, here's my Vanguard squad ready for ETLing. They will come with jet packs and with 8 of them, should get me comfortably over the 300 points mark for this squad alone.

ETL Pro tip: Did you know that you can primer your figures/vehicles prior to ETL kicking off?

"Save time, be productive, get ready to have some fun!" *

* one of the early choices for the Black Templars chapter saying. Thankfully, something a little more interesting surfaced.

gallery_15184_7227_157980.jpg

I have no idea how many points they add up to be, but I have most of my templar models waiting to be painted. I think 90% of the painting I have actually finished has been for ETL. Still, I should really build that Land Raider. (One to build, one to fix, and one that just needs painting. The 4th is epic)

I got me some new stuff too, all ready for ETLIII! woot.gif

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/ETL%20III%20pics/S1032497.jpg

(The grey stuff is new, the black isn't, but that's also ETLIII material.)

NOTE: More info and pictures: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276480-andhils-crusade-etliii-prep-go-big-or-go-home/?p=3630694

++Play "Ride of the Valkyries" here++ cool.png

Ok so This is going to be my first vow for the ETL.

Sternguard Tactical Sword Brethren

x9 Brethren, 1x Sgt

x3 combi-melta, meltagun, heavy flamer, PF & Melta Bombs(on Sgt)

Total = 310 points

I may also throw in a rhino as they are easy to do

Also I took a look at my unbuilt/unpainted stuff....blink.png There's so much lol.

Here's a list

Ironclad dread

Venerable dread

LRC

3 Rhinos

LS

2 squads of unbuilt assault squads

1 built but unpainted assault squad(these will become vanguard most likely)

Razorback

I also have a bunch of TDA but I have no interest in working on them atm, as I can't decide what I want to do with them. I'm not saying I can complete all that for the ETL but I can certainly get some of it done;)

So I decided to pull out most of my unpainted guys and group them up to count out points and such. Never realized how much more I still need to paint. Some time in the next week I might be able to prime them.

I've never participated (and certainly won't be close to the standard I've seen in these hallowed halls), but I do have some unpainted stuff which I could try to coincide with the ETL. Do models have to be painted in codex-legal squads? As in, I have to paint 7 sternguard already for my kill team campaign, but if I save the remaining 3, can I claim the points for painting them? Also, what counts as far as 'prepping' goes? I have some old models which are nothing more than a black primer with some splashes of white and gunmetal. They are 10yrs old basically, and I will be doing a complete repaint. Would they need to be nothing but primer, or would they be admissible provided there was a substantial enough difference before/after?

Well based on the previous year's ETL, we were allowed at least 2 coats on, 1 primer and 1 secondary paint... you'll have to take it up with Capt. Semper if it is acceptable or not.

And as for the squad numbers, as long as they're in the legal Codex numbers, in the case of Sternguards, 4 Veterans and 1 Sergeant. And it doesn't really matter how awesometacular or craptastic your painting skills are, you could learn here from a large number of Artisans (cough... Eberious... cough) and as long as it goes into the Templar Points pool as well :p

But this is mostly for fun, and to get some of your models painted... I know I'm joining because of the sheer number of 'black-only' stuff I have on my painting table.

As far as I know, it's Ok to primer, not sure about base coating yet. Just to be safe, it would be better to primer everything and wait for the announcements.

As to what is a viable vow, in the past, if you could build it from your codex, then it was legit.

We'll know more in a few weeks.

Cool, well I can wait for many things. Perhaps I will paint up a few 'command squad' special weapon initiates as sternguard with my remaining unpainted chaps. Should be able to make the 5 model requirement that way.

Also got some good deals on eBay in the last few days. Been on holiday and couldn't get my modelling fix any other way ;)

Hopefully I can strip and prime a Redeemer and Vindicator, as well as construct and prime 3 drop pods in time :)

fairy power spray time :D

Good news brothers, I have spoken to the good Captain and he said that my Storm Eagle will be allowed to be part of my vow for the ETL!

***Runs off to find rules and pick the most expensive options***  :lol:

ROK OPTION!!! ROK OPTION!!!! biggrin.png

Only available for the minotaurs at present. But hey, magnetize it and go nuts! Personally, I'm curious what the new Raven Guard pattern stormeagle is going to be in HH book 3; only a matter of time...

I think I have enough bits and pieces lying around to make like Six more marines. I'm trying to think of how over the top I want to make them cost wise. What fo you guys think would be a better choice for making an over the top murder squad of fun? Command Squad, Vanguard, or something else?

Note I have no plans to make actual honor guard at the moment due to wanting very specific power weapons for them, none of which I have.

I think I have enough bits and pieces lying around to make like Six more marines. I'm trying to think of how over the top I want to make them cost wise. What fo you guys think would be a better choice for making an over the top murder squad of fun? Command Squad, Vanguard, or something else?

Note I have no plans to make actual honor guard at the moment due to wanting very specific power weapons for them, none of which I have.

You can go pretty crazy with either. As for how over the top I'd say way over if its for the ETL.  ;)  You can always magnetize them or make them in such a way that they can be used in other places in your army so you don't waste the models just to get more ETL points :lol:

You can go pretty crazy with either. As for how over the top I'd say way over if its for the ETL. msn-wink.gif You can always magnetize them or make them in such a way that they can be used in other places in your army so you don't waste the models just to get more ETL points laugh.png

At this point if I'm not making normal crusaders I pretty much just build whatever. I paint my vets a bit differently anyway so there isn't much point in magnetizing. (Not to mention I've yet to actually fiddle around with them much)

I'm thinking vanguard because I could always use more power weapon monsters, that and I'll already be painting two command squads for ETL.

If you want to go as ridiculously expensive as possible you can technically take vanguard sword brethren with thunder hammers, storm shields, melta bombs, jump packs and a heavy pistol of your choice.  Such a load out is way too expensive and the heavy pistol isn't worth it of course, but hey you can just take the pics, but magnetize everything as ace suggested.

If you want to go as ridiculously expensive as possible you can

technically take vanguard sword brethren with thunder hammers, storm

shields, melta bombs, jump packs and a heavy pistol of your choice. 

Such a load out is way too expensive and the heavy pistol isn't worth it

of course, but hey you can just take the pics, but magnetize everything

as ace suggested.

I agree Vanguard is the way to go. I am doing the exact same thing, so 2 x lightning claws, 2 x storm shields, 1 x dual plasma pistol, 1 x PP/BP, melta bombs and jet packs all the way around.

Plus, if you do six, then one of them can be a chappie for some extra point silliness.

If you want to go as ridiculously expensive as possible you can

technically take vanguard sword brethren with thunder hammers, storm

shields, melta bombs, jump packs and a heavy pistol of your choice. 

Such a load out is way too expensive and the heavy pistol isn't worth it

of course, but hey you can just take the pics, but magnetize everything

as ace suggested.

I agree Vanguard is the way to go. I am doing the exact same thing, so 2 x lightning claws, 2 x storm shields, 1 x dual plasma pistol, 1 x PP/BP, melta bombs and jet packs all the way around.

Plus, if you do six, then one of them can be a chappie for some extra point silliness.

Well I'm already redoing a model to be a warlord hunting Castellan. Thunder Hammer, Artificer Armor, Teeth of Terra, Digital weapons maybe.

Would you say that it's ok to enter 2-3 'captains' and one 'chapter master' into the competition, or is it fishy? I'm just curious, because from my fluff perspective I'm planning to paint those 2-3 castellans/masters-of-something (e.g. master of heavy support, master of fast attack - a senior sword brother elevated to quasi-castellan rank, who's in charge of a big chunk of crusade) and my marshall-boss-of-all-things, alongside some other troops. My worry is that it's kind of 'unfair,' because it'll mean I'll be able to pledge hundreds of points for 4-5 models. All castellans-to-be are old, metal models which have high collector's value for me (I'm kind of proud I got them), but nonetheless they were once sold as 'sergeants,' so that's nothing special. But they're special for me, because of that "I'm proud of them" value and fluff-wise, they are special characters.

Archived