Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

Well Honda, if you're that worries about it there's only one thing to do... Model them all with holy orbs of Antioch and adamantine mantles. Why? Because Templars go to war in style... :cuss you gw for tryin to say different, lol

Would you say that it's ok to enter 2-3 'captains' and one 'chapter

master' into the competition, or is it fishy? I'm just curious, because

from my fluff perspective I'm planning to paint those 2-3

castellans/masters-of-something (e.g. master of heavy support, master of

fast attack - a senior sword brother elevated to quasi-castellan rank,

who's in charge of a big chunk of crusade) and my

marshall-boss-of-all-things, alongside some other troops. My worry is

that it's kind of 'unfair,' because it'll mean I'll be able to pledge

hundreds of points for 4-5 models. All castellans-to-be are old, metal

models which have high collector's value for me (I'm kind of proud I got

them), but nonetheless they were once sold as 'sergeants,' so that's

nothing special. But they're special for me, because of that "I'm proud

of them" value and fluff-wise, they are special characters.

I would think that's Ok. Last year I did three jump pack chaplains as a vow. This time around, I just felt like 10 jump pack chaplains was taking advantage of the situation.

If you want to be really sure, PM Captain Semper.

I think that when spamming characters, they ought to look the part too, not just Vanguard models selected as JP Captains. They need some OTT bling (Either through modelling or painting) to represent being HQ's.

You gotta represent them well too...

If they're JP Chaplains they gotta have skull helms and a Crozius, if it is a Captain he has to look Captain-y, if he is a Chapter Master he's gotta have the paint scheme and bling of a Master of the Black Templars. You can't have a Banner of the Emperor Ascendant and have a stick figure drawing of the Emprah sitting on the throne with an arrow pointing over his head saying 'Emprah'... or have an Apothecary and not have a Nartecium...

As long as the model represents what you said he is... he should be fine. And don't worry about posting multiple Characters, I suspect other Chapters/Legions/Regiments are doing the same thing... and some of them are much more expensive than ours... i.e. HH having Primarchs ;)

The rules for this year (2014) have not been posted yet. That should come in the next couple of weeks. Given that since ETL 2, 6th addition, C:SM, data slates, allies, Escalation, Stronghold and whatever else shows up in the next couple of weeks, don't expect that things will stay the same.

In general, the rule was, and I do mean "was", any legitimate build from your codex was a valid entry. Given all the changes we have embraced (or not :P ), it would be premature to assume anything until the good Captain makes the announcement. There have been rumors, but nothing definite.

At a minimum, you can assume that if the entry is in the C:SM, then it will be a legitimate, valid entry for a vow. Anything more than that, is speculation because CS has not revealed the details yet.

As a reminder, April is primer month. If you've got stuff that you are intending to paint for the ETL, then now is a good time to primer them. Applying Primer during the contest feels like you're painting, but really, it's just the covering over the grey plastic/resin.

So, assuming that environmental conditions support this activity, go for it. It will also feel like you're doing something productive, which you are.

The rules for this year (2014) have not been posted yet. That should come in the next couple of weeks. Given that since ETL 2, 6th addition, C:SM, data slates, allies, Escalation, Stronghold and whatever else shows up in the next couple of weeks, don't expect that things will stay the same.

In general, the rule was, and I do mean "was", any legitimate build from your codex was a valid entry. Given all the changes we have embraced (or not tongue.png ), it would be premature to assume anything until the good Captain makes the announcement. There have been rumors, but nothing definite.

At a minimum, you can assume that if the entry is in the C:SM, then it will be a legitimate, valid entry for a vow. Anything more than that, is speculation because CS has not revealed the details yet.

As a reminder, April is primer month. If you've got stuff that you are intending to paint for the ETL, then now is a good time to primer them. Applying Primer during the contest feels like you're painting, but really, it's just the covering over the grey plastic/resin.

So, assuming that environmental conditions support this activity, go for it. It will also feel like you're doing something productive, which you are.

So basicly, I'll go with that:

- 1x LRC

- 2x Predator

- 2x Whirlwind

- 1x Hunter

- 3x Vindicator

- 1x Rhino

- 3x Razorback

- 8x Dreadnought

- 40-50x Terminators

- 6x Assault Centurions

Not sure how I'll separate them for my vows, but I'll begin with the Vindicators and Razorbacks.

I'm impatient to start painting. (I'm finishing assembling my rhinos chassis, got 6 left to assemble)

The sun is shining, the wind is blowing and I just primer'd 24 guys (still working on the face mask of one), my 3 "billboards" for the counts as Centurians, and a whole lot of bits for something that's big and carries a really big gun.

Looks over at the calendar...

Counts as centurians? what are you using for them? The models are cool, but 75 bucks for 3 models is really steep

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/253019-the-albigensian-crusade-two-shooters-032614/?p=3589149

The concept came from being cheap and playing the Vanguard Siege list from IA10, but mostly from being cheap. ;)

So...I have received confirmation that we shall be joined in arms with all our brethren in Codex Space Marines.

We would see our dark green "comrades" knees shaking if they weren't wearing skirts.

<preps the red text machine>

Can we request that should codex space marine win with a majority of templar points the victory badge include a templar again? Of course should one of the other chapters lead they could claim the same honor.

Well, well...

Inter-forum rivalry to become intra-forum rivalry? I like!

Give Lysere the Laurels of the Astropath - he sees far... msn-wink.gif

As a Templar that honor almost sounds heretical.

So...I have received confirmation that we shall be joined in arms with all our brethren in Codex Space Marines.

It stands to reason for this to happen - it would probably be quite difficult to account for all the chapters (or maybe it would be feasible to introduce a sub-division of C:SM based on chapter tactics?). We are indeed part of C:SM now. Still, I feel a bit disappointed.

On a humorous side note, it makes competing for the title of ETL's champion rather meaningless. In my opinion the biggest and most popular power armour codex, all those chapters, AND US, Black Templars? With all our zeal, Vanilla Marines shall crush all opposition :P

Wait, we cannot participate as Black Templars only? (without granting point for Astartes?! it's said on the codex that "All prior publication refering to Codex:Black Templars must be understood to refer to Codex:Space Marines (Chapter Black Templars)" )

I believe that an effort to keep track of contributions as the Angels of Death are segmented out in our forum will be attempted. I think we are around a week away from getting the details.

So let's just see what the good Captain has for us. That's all I know right now.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed as well, but I understand..... cry.gif

Wait... NO I DONT'!!! I'M A ZEALOUS TEMPLAR!!!!!! BLAAAARGGH!! furious.gif

But I imagine it will be ok, as long as the DA forum doesn't mind getting soul crushed by the might of Codex:Space Marines! devil.gif

;)

Brother Honda is better at this but still:

How dare you! How dare you all!

This is not a punishment. We ARE the Black Templars. Yes, We have been put alongside the 'Lesser Chapters', yet all you do is complain?

Have you all forgotten the Glorious days of the Declates Crusade? Do our Brothers mean so little to you? They call for our aid, and by Dorn, we will answer. We will show them what Templars do. We will join this Crusade, leading from the front, by example, as Great Sigismund once did!

Now halt you heretical thoughts, gear up, and get ready to show your Zeal to the world! Consider this your penance for your doubt!

No Pity, No Remorse, No FEAR!

IMPERATOR VULT!

Ahem. Anyway. Console yourself with the thought that at the end of this challenge, all the SM subforums will bear badges with the Templar Cross. Off course, this is all in your hands! Believe me when I say that victory is inevitable, but I'll be damned if my victory badge is soiled with the Icon of a lesser Chapter! (excluding, off course, our Honoured Brothers: the Imperial Fists.)

EDIT: Honoured Brother Deathspectre, While in this subforum you will be awarded the respect deserved of a Son of Dorn. But you would be wise not to insult the Templars. The TRUE Sons of Dorn. Now, move along, Adoptive son of Guilliman. Don't you have a Codex to read? tongue.png

Lesser chapter of the Imperium, The purest of Dorns Gene seed was with, and always will be with the 1st company Templar. Who left long long ago. Shrink Back to the Confines of your walls. The Templar have a galaxy to purge clean of psyker, Xeno, and heretical filth. Wouldn't want you to get your paint chipped. laugh.png

None of you seem to understand........

Archived