Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

*Fanatic mod Engaged*

I'd die rather than offer painting points to non-Dornian Life Forms!

They Stole our Identity!

They Stole our Units!

They Stole our Background!

BUT THEY WILL NEVER STEAL OUR ZEAL!

Paint For The Templars!

Or Do Not Paint!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

WE ARE THE BLACK TEMPLARS!

Fear Us!

*Fanatic mod Disengaged*

Seriously, It would be cool if we could participate a Black Templars, outside of the Astartes Codex.

Or at last, if we win (why wouldn't we Niark Niark), having our badge and our name on the banner.

I don't really mind Painting with the other C:SM members but if we do get the highest points... and by the Emperor we will... then I want to see our iconography and those of Sigismund plastered on those banners....

No one has a chance to win now!!! BLACK TEMPLARS FTW!!!

And now a little pep....

Scions of Sigismund, Sons of Dorn, Servants of the Emperor.

My Brothers...

Our Cousins from the lesser Chapters seek our aid...

They wish to avail the might of the Templars...

To gain glory and cast away the shadows of the Dark Angels...

They seek to bathe in the might of our mighty Chapter,

So that they may have retribution for their folly...

I say let them come... let them see that they cannot win lest they come to us! Let them bathe in our wrath, in our fury, and in our ZEAL!

Let them learn that to cower in the shadows is not our duty...

To hide and fall back against the foes of humanity is not our way...

Let them learn from our Victories... WE ATTACK! WE ATTACK!

Let the Dark Angels cower in fear!!!

WE ARE THE BLACK TEMPLARS! RISE, WASH YOUR BRUSHES, REFILL YOUR WATER POTS AND TEACH OUR FALLEN COUSINS THE ERRORS OF THEIR WAYS!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

WHAT SAY YOU!?

edit: Text got too big :p

Brothers,

Many of you are not happy with being forced into the C:SM camp. Some of you are filled with rage over this. For a Templar, this is natural.

But! You must remember that rage is a tool to be used. Direct it towards your painting projects! Let your hatred fuel you towards completing as many models as possible! The Emperor, Dorn and Sigismund are watching this. We will NOT fail them!

++Imperator Vult!++

tl;dr: We just took a hit, now make a Righteous Zeal move!devil.gif

Brothers,

Many of you are not happy with being forced into the C:SM camp. Some of you are filled with rage over this. For a Templar, this is natural.

But! You must remember that rage is a tool to be used. Direct it towards your painting projects! Let your hatred fuel you towards completing as many models as possible! The Emperor, Dorn and Sigismund are watching this. We will NOT fail them!

++Imperator Vult!++

tl;dr: We just took a hit, now make a Righteous Zeal move!devil.gif

Are you suggesting us to add some vanilla marines into our painting, as target for our practice sessions? XD *Imagining 20 Bolters shooting some Ultrasmurf*

So pretty much, we'll be keeping our own score, and our results will be different to what the 'official' results are, right?

I don't think that will be necessary. We're less than a week (give or take) from getting the full set of instructions, so let's just see what lies ahead.

Brother Zyth, your zeal is admirable, but it is for the glory of the Emperor that we shall lead the way. It is for us to gather the entire might of our codex and use it to bludgeon the weak, the faithless, and the alien into oblivion.

TEMPLARS LEAD THE WAY!!!

As in days of yore, Templars to the fore!

Where er the fighting's fiercest, there you ner' can miss us

Lift the banner high, onward tis the cry

Where deeds of valor call, there we fight and fall

Glorious or brothers stand 'rayed swords in hand

Brothers we are all, for Templars do they call

And ner' shall we fail.

It appears that the good Captain will withhold ETL details until 5/1 (or 1/5 if you're dyslexic or European).

Let the ZEAL build brothers. The galaxy will never be the same.

Thank god for the European adaption. I nearly got a heart attack reading that. The Fifth of January? eek.gif Well, I was already expecting to hear more on the 1st of May. Can't wait!

+++ Battle Barge Bladed Tempest - Location: Unknown +++

The doors to the Reclusiam whirred to life and parted to reveal the large ceramite-clad warrior to those within. He moved through the relics of old. Banners, thunder hammers, swords, shields, boltguns, all sat in their display cases begging to be wielded once more. The Initiate would on any other occasion have stopped to admire such legendary artifacts, but something much more important beckoned.

At the end of the Reclusiam the Initiate saw the one he seeked. He approached the other who was kneeling before a statue of Dorn.

"Reclusiarch Darklight?"

There was a moment of silence before the Chaplain rose and turned to face the one who had addressed him. "Yes, Brother-Initiate? What is it?"

"A long-range transmission, sire. Addressed to you directly"

"Is there now?" The chaplain sheathed the large sword he'd been leaning on. Darklight knew the answer to the next question, but opted to ask it anyway; "Any idea who it is from, Brother?"

"A Dark Angel, sire. I believe the name was Captain--"

"--Semper." The chaplain mirrored the expression his grinning mask displayed with a grin of his own. "I see. Thank you, Initiate. Send a response. Tell him we'll be ready."

"Aye, sir." The Initiate bowed, then turned to head back to carry out his order.

Darklight turned back to the statue of his Primarch, "And this time, it won't be so easy..."

Come now, Brothers. The Index Astartes wanted some reinforcements this year! Who better to give it than the First ETL Champions!

Look at this not as a blow to our pride, but as a golden opportunity to renew it!

(or 1/5 if you're dyslexic or European Not from the US).

msn-wink.gif

This is just a thought I wanted to share.

Last year, a number of us committed to "penance" vows as a way of motivating us and partly as a response to the men in skirts getting cocky with their equivalents. In hindsight, I think our focus should be on winning, not "this is what I'll do if we lose".

We need to prepare ourselves mentally and well as physically. The Skirt Men beat us by 10,000 points. That is significant. We need to be ready. They are already talking about making room in their sigs for the first place banner.

Let that sink in for a bit.

They think it's going to be a "back to back" set of victories. They think their real competition is the Horus Heresy forum.

They have forgotten something significant, something we harbor inside ourselves, something that turns us into the holy instruments of the Emperor's wrath. They have forgotten who the keepers are of this unique ability.

They have made a grave mistake.

Seal your helmets brothers! Draw your swords! Prepare to advance! Soon it will be time to unleash our...

ZEAL!!!

Brother Honda speaks words of great wisdom, Brothers.

Last year the Dark Angels won by a serious margin. But, the year before, it was the Templars who won with a 10,000pts lead! Look to those who came before us, who brought such glory upon our Chapter. Some of you weren't even Neophytes when these great men stood in the front line. By the Emperor, I was a mere Neophyte myself, and saw this event take place, and I tell you Brothers, of the pride I felt in being a Templar since that day! To witness the exploits of such heroes of our Chapter was truly inspirational.

But now is our time! And just as Grimaldus, as written in the holiest of tomes: "Helsreach", we must overcome any doubt we may have, and fight for the glory of our Chapter. You are ready, Brothers! From the most Venerable Sword Brother, to the newest of Neophytes; We stand as one, and there is no force in the Galaxy capable of stopping the combined might of the Templars.

As long as we support one another, victory cannot escape us. Paint what you can, and do not put too much pressure on yourself. No one will think less of you for painting a 'mere' 500pts, while others paint thousands of points. Every point counts. And I'd rather have 500pts I can count on us getting, then the 5000pts we may or may not get. msn-wink.gif

Brothers. Last year we fell behind from the start, but, somehow we managed to climb to 2nd position in the last few weeks! If we can match that pace for the duration of the contest, we're halfway there.

EDIT: Just did a quick check of last year's performance. We went 3 weeks without a single completion. Which is bad. So now I'm totally motivated to paint my Knight in a single Week! You heard it, the second I post my vow, I'm off to my desk, brushes in hand! I don't have alot of points to pledge, but by Dorn, I'll complete all I can in record times. 5 Vows, 5 Weeks max. devil.gif

So, if you ask me, we should try to establish an early lead by applying the MSV principle: Many Small Vows. If 20 of us paint 200pts, we'd have a quick 4000pts racked up in a short time. (The same amount took us almost 7 weeks to do last year. The DA's had that amount by Week 3.)

Perhaps it'd be wise to start an early Tactics thread, such as the Strategium from last year. With tips and help for the newer ETL-members of the Templars, a handy place to put everything we've learned from 2 years?

I still vote for going large Vehicles painted 1st, Elites 2nd and HQs 3rd in the ETL priority table.

a single Land Raider is 250 pts. and 2 is already 500 pts. painting a Land Raider isn't as daunting as it seems... (unless your Eberious with his insane details :p)

and even a Neophyte could paint 1 in a single afternoon. same goes for Stormravens, Predators, Hunters and Vindicators which if painted one after the other could rank up intense amounts of points. The advantage of the DA last year was due to one member vowing approx. 5000 pts. and delivering... he was the Dark Horse (or Ravenwing) of the DA and if it wasn't for him we would have actually been able to catch up.

HQs, depending on the hobbyist requires detail, and details requires time, although HQs cost a lot (a Chapter Master in TDA is 170 pts.) sometimes they warrant more time than painting a 10-man squad. That's why I recommend them 3rd on the priorities list.

Elites should be painted 1st before HQs, simply because they garner up more points than 1 model and requires far less time to paint... sure they have decent detail on them as well... but ask yourself this... if you're putting blings on your model, which has more? a Terminator Chapter Master or a Terminator Sergeant?

well that's my take on tactics for ETL anyway... this is your hobby, you could paint what you want and vow as you please... but this is just my opinion and what I think will be my painting strategy...

well I guess I should prepare my Eagle and Redeemer :p

On the whole, I agree with the Marshal's strategy, if you don't care what you paint, you just want to paint. That's how I was the past couple of years and I did exactly as he  laid out, with a focus on vehicles.

However, every crusade's needs are different, so by all means paint what you need/want to play with first and foremost. I think that's what has separated us from other forums is that we enjoy painting what we vow as we'd really like to get them on the table. In a lot of other cases, participants are looking at it like it is a chore.

The other thing to keep in mind is that although you get a lot of bang for your buck painting vehicles, I painted three or four jump pack chaplains last year (old codex I know), but that was a very manageable 400 points or so and that isn't that many figures. This year I am going to build off of that effort and finally get around to painting my Chappie Vanguard vet squad. So there are some hidden economies out there, sometimes you just have to look for them.

With the rumors of Escalation and Stronghold out there, don't discount the possibility of doing some terrain.

So, while we still have a few days before everything kicks off, put a little thought into what you'd like to paint and keep your vows reasonable. As Brother Andhil stated so eloquently, "500 points delivered is worth a lot more than 5000 points promised". Also the 20 people pledging 200 points (or so) during the registration period will certainly give us a jump and from a historical perspective, in the last two years, the forum that first took the lead eventually ended up winning it all.

Momentum is very important. Momentum + ZEAL is overwhelming.

Roujakis, Andhill and Honda all speak great wisdom. I was thinking of starting a tactics thread myself so it might not be a bad idea. It's important to get stuff done as early as possible so we don't fall behind. I believe that is partly why we lost last year. That and lost points from failed vows. 

So for that reason I agree with Roujakis getting expensive vehicles done early as that will help get us out front. I was thinking about doing my Storm Eagle first and this solidifies it.  I'll then move onto my Stern and Vanguard models.  All told that will be 1000ish points for me in 3 vows.  Depending on how the first squad goes I may increase my vows to more points to keep our pace up. 

I think my biggest concern is that some of our members may get too zealous and bite off more than they can chew and end up losing points because of trying to do too much.  If we can avoid that we will be in good shape. 

Also one thing that we are forgetting. I know we have been talking a lot about Templars vs Dark Angels, but don't forget that we will have the full weight of the rest of the Codex Space Marines behind us. With our combined strength we will indeed be formidable. 

I have been working on getting ready for ETL and I am get excited as this will be my first time to participate. I will be doing small vows as I have a new born and 18 month old at home I may or may not get a lot of time to paint, but I am aiming to contribute something.

Archived