Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

Wow, and suddenly I'm not surprised why Semper threw us in with the rest of C:SM. The Iron Hands guys are so depressed it's kind of sad, really. And the only response we seem to be getting anywhere else is from deathspectre, who appears to be everywhere at once. msn-wink.gif

Not the only response, brother.

I'm just waiting for the rest of my freshly ordered bits to arrive.

Also I feel really awkward about trying to rally official Chapters to action with my DIY guys.

Noob question, but for the ETL contest, Is there a link to the thread where I can make my vows and all that stuff? I've found a thread and links explaining the contest, but not where to post your painting vows.... and I have a lot of Templars that need completing. ;)

Wow, and suddenly I'm not surprised why Semper threw us in with the rest of C:SM. The Iron Hands guys are so depressed it's kind of sad, really. And the only response we seem to be getting anywhere else is from deathspectre, who appears to be everywhere at once. msn-wink.gif

Yeah they are a very sad bunch. Why are they so down? What was in that supplement that was so awful? I would have thought they'd be pooping their pants excited over finally getting something outside of C:SM

Yes, unlike some of us, they GAINED a book. Ah well, lack of zeal, disturbing, I find, blabla...tongue.png

@Debonair: Apologies, Brother. Imagine how we feel, stirring our Parent Chapter to action. Perhaps Dorn founded the Templars for this very reason. msn-wink.gif

Let them sue us for trying to rally the C:SM forces. We're the Templars, highest Chaplain-to-Battle Brother Ratio in the Imperium. It's what we do! cool.png

Also I feel really awkward about trying to rally official Chapters to action with my DIY guys.

A Templar is known by the ZEAL in his heart. You have nothing to feel awkward about brother.

I understand the Iron Hands dismay. Read this and then substitute Dorn or Sigismund in Manus place:

Apparently it

wasn't enough that he was one of two primarchs to be brutally murdered,

have his legion sidelined for the entire Heresy, then write the chapter

as utterly betraying any of his wishes with their very act of bionic

enhancements. No, they go the extra mile of turning any surviving

element of him into a daemon.

Formed out of

Ferrus' rage, frustrations and raw emotions at the exact moment of his

death was a being known as the Sapphire King. Despite being a daemon of

Slaanesh, your guess is as good as mine as to how any of those emotions

led to a daemon of corrupted ecstasy being created, it proved to be

extremely good at manipulating others. Obsessed with the Iron Hands it

proceeded to initiate a massive long term plan to corrupt the entire

chapter, constantly poking them in the right direction so they would

perform acts which served Chaos and embraced traditions which made them

easier to corrupt. 

It's eventually

beaten at the very end, when the codex's "protagonist" orders the Iron

Hands to vent their rage and display emotion. Because, despite coming

from a realm where gods are created by pure emotion and daemons are

drawn to the raw primal feelings of creatures, apparently it was the

lack of any of that which made them weak, and an excess of it which

defeated the beast. No, this makes no more sense on paper than it does

here. This eventually leads to the character declaring that the Iron

Hands attitudes to caging and controlling their emotions entirely to be

completely wrong and spew tripe about them having to move away from what

they have been for ten thousand years. While it doesn't go so far as to

completely reject their traditions entirely or with some platitude

about "bionics is morally wrong" it's still a betrayal of the

worst kind. Turning what little remains of their fallen primarch into a

being serving their worst enemies, the only one of a loyalist chapter to

turn traitor in any form.

Actually, no, let's make this clear: The very first primarch to refuse to turn traitor has his last surviving elements turned into a willing tool of Chaos.

Full review here: http://thegoodthebad...-warhammer.html

Basically, GW (most likely Ward) drove a stake through the chapter's heart. I feel very deeply for them. That's why I don't want any more attention given to the Templars by GW.

Wow Honda, I couldn't even read half of that huge article. It was so depressing that I stopped and I've never even had any interest in the Iron Hands. I'm fairly certain that I don't want a codex supplement for us now because I can see us ending up like that debacle.

This is the only supplement that I need

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ef2gXj4YAaY/UP68PYq9OfI/AAAAAAAAEhY/F1E6a28puCY/s1600/black+templars.jpg

laugh.png

Wow. Ok, I didn't think it was possible to suffer a fate worse than Squatting. That article was depresssing.

And suddenly I see a BT supplement which gives us Librarians, organizes us into 10 Companies, as well as grant us a Homeworld. Also Sigismund died due to tripping and breaking his neck. Which caused such laughter that a Daemon Prince was born, which haunts us to this day.....sick.gif

Nah... our 1st Templar High Marshal will have such an end that would make even the greatest of the Imperium green with envy...

if you've read the Abaddon vs Sigismund thread found in the Horus Heresy sub-forum (I linked it for easy access ;)) AD-B has already hinted at the events that might unfold that will see the rise of Abaddon to 'Champion of Chaos and Anti-Christ of the Imperium' and Sigismund can be found waiting for him in Cadia... here's an excerpt of what AD-B said:

In this case, at the last BL Weekender on one of the Heresy panels, it was asked what happened in the First Black Crusade, seeing as Cadia wasn't reinforced by that point. And I replied that I liked the idea of the Imperium victorious after the Scouring, committing the Nine Legions to the role of myth and legend while the Legions were trapped in the purgatory of the Eye. So when the newly formed Black Legion returns at the vanguard of the Armies of the Damned, they're almost entirely unopposed. Almost. "There's this ancient knight-king, leaning on his sword as he sits on his throne, a thousand years old but too proud and dutiful to die. And when the Black Legion break out of the Eye, the Black Templars are waiting for them." Hugely outnumbered: the only ones that insisted the Imperium's sins would come home to roost, the only Chapter to face humanity's sins coming back to haunt the species. As the Crusade unfolds, a lot of the Imperium joins in. But Sigismund was there first, waiting for Abaddon. The one duel he never got to fight on Terra.

And then I turned to my editor and said "That'll be Book Two."

My head is still blown wide open after that...

I pity the poor Iron Hands though... and I somewhat know how they feel since we got hit hard as well, not only in terms of fluff but also in play style. But they still have cool toys that only they could have, such as Gorgons chains and such... in the mean time we are sharing most of our stuff with the 'Smurfs' and their cronies.

As for ETL III, I'm still building most of my forces... I do have 500 pts. ready with just the Stormeagle and Land Raider Redeemer... both are primed and ready for battle... I could rank it up to 1000 pts. for my 1st vow with the addition of a Stormraven, Sternguard Sword Brethren and some Razorbacks and Vindicators.

Yeah, I got a small force ready to paint, and I've got a day off on May 1st, so as soon as I can vow, it'll be done and then I'll hit the brushes! Who knows, I might even get a completion in by the weekend! First Blood to the Templars!thumbsup.gif

I did read that topic. I did facepalm often at the ignorance of many of those people, who still believe in chivalry. Sigismund would totally fight dirty in an actual life-and-death duel. Oh man, I can already see Siggy kneeing Abbadon in the crotch! pinch.gif

A Templar is known by the ZEAL in his heart. You have nothing to feel awkward about brother.

I'm not technically a Templar, but since we're all in this together you raise a fair and valid point.laugh.png

I'll see what can be done.

Throne, I had no idea that someone turned Ferrus into a Daemon. eek.gif I can't wait for someone with more sense to retcon that garbage out of existence!sick.gif

That's the difference between the templars and the iron hands.

The iron hands could use this opportunity to rise up, to push back the forces rallied against them, and strike at the heart of the enemy, in calculated devastation the likes of which the galaxy has not yet seen before.

Or they could sulk into the black darkness, and lament on their past history.

I no longer worry about what the universe will bring the templars.  Even the holy inquiistion can not keep track of our numbers, or the # of crusades we launch across the galaxy.  We are legion, we are the emperors sword, we are the shining blade that plunges into the darkness and screams at death...

"Not today."

That's the difference between the templars and the iron hands.

The iron hands could use this opportunity to rise up, to push back the forces rallied against them, and strike at the heart of the enemy, in calculated devastation the likes of which the galaxy has not yet seen before.

Or they could sulk into the black darkness, and lament on their past history.

I no longer worry about what the universe will bring the templars.  Even the holy inquiistion can not keep track of our numbers, or the # of crusades we launch across the galaxy.  We are legion, we are the emperors sword, we are the shining blade that plunges into the darkness and screams at death...

"Not today."

You know your so right. What I find ironic is you could say that the members over at the Iron Hands sub forum are acting almost the same way as the Iron Hands did after Ferrus' death. Although this is a shame as I loved the Hands threads, it does show how true to Chapter Character members of the B&C are. You guys are all screaming and shouting and getting hyped up in a fury, the Sons of Corax have got a little covert messaging scheme on the go and the guys at the Guard forum are facing up to the brutal slug fest approaching, with grim defiance against tough odds, backed up with Warrior Fish taking on his  Commissar role. Excellent.

I think you should post your comments in the ETL interest thread over in the Hands sub forum. I tried something similar but it didn't work

I honestly think this would be one of the greatest times for iron hand players. All the mechanicum bits coming out from FW just give them so many modeling and building opportunities. That and possible rumors that there may actually be a future 40k mars faction they could ally with. (This is ignoring the fact they have one of the best chapter tactics out there...besides templars of course smile.png )

Not to mention all the 3rd party cyborg bits you can buy now!

If they don't have a strong showing, i think we should rename their sub forum to limp hands. Maybe that will wake them up. Honestly we should all be rallying to defeat the heresy the dark angels have allowed to continue over the centuries.

(Note: This is all in good fun, and I am in no way downplaying someones choice of army, chapter, or force)

I no longer worry about what the universe will bring the Templars.
 Even the holy inquistion can not keep track of our numbers, or the # of crusades we launch across the galaxy.  We are legion, we are the emperors sword, we are the shining blade that plunges into the darkness and screams at death...

"Not today."

FIFY

You know your so right. What I find ironic is you could say that the

members over at the Iron Hands sub forum are acting almost the same way

as the Iron Hands did after Ferrus' death. Although this is a shame as I

loved the Hands threads, it does show how true to Chapter Character

members of the B&C are. You guys are all screaming and shouting and

getting hyped up in a fury, the Sons of Corax have got a little covert

messaging scheme on the go and the guys at the Guard forum are facing up

to the brutal slug fest approaching, with grim defiance against tough

odds, backed up with Warrior Fish taking on his  Commissar role.

Excellent.

I would add to this that the HH forum thinks they have the numbers to do it all, not realizing that some of their members are planning for their fall. ;)

You mean retreat to the salamanders forum?   I'm busy fighting the war instead of hiding behind the civilian bunkers.

lol not retreat. More like in between swipes of our chainswords ;)

Guys, I have an idea. I'm not sure where it came from, possibly those sneaky Raptors. Anyway, I think there's a way we can win this easily. We challenge every forum to a drinking game. They must all read this thread and every time the word is mentioned, well, you know the rest. I don't think even their oolitic kidneys can cope and they'll all be so drunk they won't know how to hold their brushes. Well, a few of them might, but definitely not those uptight monk dudes. All we need is a word that's used regularly in this thread ... any ideas?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an Emperor's Champion I need to dig out and strip ready for a new paint job.

Actually, best leave the Wolves out of this, I don't think it'll work on them.

Actually, best leave the Wolves out of this, I don't think it'll work on them

No kidding. Anybody who can digest jet fuel would put us all under the table.

Archived