Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

all of the perpetrators of the Istvaan atrocities have a home in pieces on my bases lol the Leviathan I'm working in now is using a DG termi as a stepping stone biggrin.png

AS IT SHOULD BE!

Erm... I exclusively concentrate my efforts on the III Legion, for obvious reasons. I'll have a demi company of dead EC on my bases by the end of the month.

lol that's all my IH bases have on them but I figured I skulls mix it up and do more than just purple corpses but I do totally get your reason as a legion I really can't stand the IIIrd in RL I despise arrogance so naturally I wasn't a fan ;) Istvaan only made that worse

• 1 month later...

I haven't painted for myself in a while, so I was glad to put my brush to good use this week. After trying 2-3 different schemes for my shattered legions Salamanders, I decided to go with the following, as it meshes well into my Iron Hands.

The brass trim and rivets helps break the black armour. Should I have more?

I would love some honest feedback as always and more particularly, would you do yellow or blue lenses? If neither, which colour and why?

gallery_71633_9312_37279.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_34290.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_33454.jpg

Here's the scheme I originally went for:

gallery_71633_9312_2292.jpg

The new scheme is awesome personally I've started to go away from using the more blue greens like caliban green and warpstone but that's personal preference as I like my drakes a little darker. As for eye lenses I always go fiery red unless it's a librarian since that's the way the salamanders eyes naturally glow. Awesome work so far man can't wait to see more

• 3 weeks later...

Wow pretty awesome, so jealous of how good your black looks espcially since m usless at painting black, how did you get it looking like that??

Thanks!

Here's the process for the black:

1. Base coat black - this is very important, as the mix will come out too light of you apply it directly.

2.Mix leadbelcher/abbadon black 50/50 or 60/40 depending on how much you want the silver to shine through.

3. Wash army painter dark tone, twice. Make sure to let dry at least an hour between coats. Lighter coats are preferable to heavy, as too much accumulation will make black spots in cracks.

4. Apply Tamya Smoke Clear coat. You can apply a little less on near the edges to get a highlight effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived