Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

• 3 weeks later...

Choom weilding immortals!

Choom AND Chainaxes?!?!? Be still my beating heart!!!

Medic!

those breachers look fantastic man , i love the predator style mounted choom as well  absolutely phenomenal 

Dude. That is awesome, how have you attached them? Wulfen grenade launchers or something?

Part necron arm joints, part random servo arm bits from the techmarines that came with my thunderfire cannons (use them as quad mortars before the models came out). I just dig a dent into the top of the backpack to make it snug.

Suzerains and immortals walk into a bar....

Looking great as always. More shields!

This is... Medusa!

• 3 weeks later...

I shown much lately - my school session is taking quite a bit of my time and a few real life events are seriously hampering my ability to hobby. After several weeks of tweaking painting techniques for my metallic black, I have final found a quick way to do it in 3 steps.

This guy is my guinea pig for the new scheme for the entire army. More aggressive with red and attempting to channel more Hatred and bitterness post Isstvan. Still working on the 3 tone red shading, C&C more than welcomed.

gallery_71633_9312_30998.jpggallery_71633_9312_33017.jpg

Brilliant! I love the new dark, "edgy" path you're taking with this new color scheme. The OSL on the eyes is a bit intense, but it works well with such a dark scheme. Are you going to repaint the models you already did?

Thanks!

Yes, I plan to revisit the whole of Clan Tabarn'akk. This will keep me busy while my hobby budget is close to non-existent for the next few months. I will try and downplay the OSL on my next one, see how that turns out.

The Rim on the shoulders is cool!

Maybe add some blue (to wiring and such) as a spot color to break up the Minimalist Palette (which I love btw)?

The Rim on the shoulders is cool!

Maybe add some blue (to wiring and such) as a spot color to break up the Minimalist Palette (which I love btw)?

I am already feeling very conflicted about it! It worked really well with my original scheme to break the armour with Blue and Red wiring. It made them stern looking. Now I want to go down the path of damnation with my Clan, and the minimalist scheme seems to channel this more. No compromise, no fancyness. Just corpses walking, red in their eye and death in their hands.

Does that make sense? I can also try blue on the next one too. it's just one coat of paint away ;)

When looking at that image I think back to the Riven auidio book

And that's a terrifying prospect.

In all the right ways

Riven was a huge inspiration to me in this. The gloves are off, and unfortunately for the traitors, there is a bionic hand beneath just as hard!

I want to revisit my fluff to go alongside my clan unleashing one of the Keys of Hel it held and going renegade. Whatever kills traitors is what they will do. Use Loyalists as bait? No problem. Use forbidden tech? No problem. Sparing lives? Definitely a problem!

When looking at that image I think back to the Riven auidio book

And that's a terrifying prospect.

In all the right ways

Riven was a huge inspiration to me in this. The gloves are off, and unfortunately for the traitors, there is a bionic hand beneath just as hard!

I want to revisit my fluff to go alongside my clan unleashing one of the Keys of Hel it held and going renegade. Whatever kills traitors is what they will do. Use Loyalists as bait? No problem. Use forbidden tech? No problem. Sparing lives? Definitely a problem!

That was an awesome book. Good image too!!!

Go intense red, it suits them!

Thanks! Red makes dead!

I'm loving it. They look evil!!! And mad...

You thought about adding a dash of a fine white highlight in a few spots to make em pop?

I am thinking about using decals. On a knee for this. Thoughts?

Nope. I didn't see the white iron hand. It has the right amount of pop!!!

Archived