I've been away from BnC for a bit but figured I'd post up some of the Dusk Wolves I've been working on. I created a chapter of loyal marines that stayed true to the Emperor as his brothers turned against him. I always thought there is no way all of the legion would turn, just didn't seem plausible. They the HH books came out and described parts of it .. so taking a little from that and from ideas from long ago the Dusk Wolves were born..  I wanted them to really look war torn and have been in the thick of it for years..

Here are some of the Highlights..

Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader (mags)

DWLR067.JPG

DWLR070.JPG

I updated the look with way more muck so now all the other models need to be updated.. 

Deimos - Almost done, just going to add some lighting for the headlights and some final details..

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

Razorbacks..  they are now ready for Mucking up.. 

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

A few of the other guys .. 

WG1029.JPG

WG1031.JPG

DWDevFinal%2520%252824%2529.JPG

DWTac%2520%25284%2529_edited.jpg

I have to go back and update some of my older models to give them the same look but still have a bunch of new guy to knock out as well.. 

Thanks for looking .. 

Thanks guys,

@Infyrana - Yeah I wanted to go Dusk Raider / Luna Wolves and figured used a bunch of Space Wolf bits would look awesome.. I play them counts as Space Wolves but without any wolves or Psi since the Legions wouldn't really have any of those.. 8) Even gave them the red right arm..

@ Daemonclaw - I really wanted them to look like they are always in the field.. no rest, no respite.. only revenge. The top hatch symbols really make the Rhino to me so I try to put it on all of my Marine's rides.. 8)

@ It's just so many guys to say.. For the Emperor! wait .. no? ok .. CHAOS!  ha

How did I miss the red arm !  Nice, I was kinda right then, well it obviously worked :)  You could play something psi, just call them an Iterator, blame the buffs on their awesome speeches and stirring of the battle chant!

since the Legions wouldn't really have any of those

Well, I hate to pick nits on such wonderfully painted models, but Legions wouldn't have Razorbacks or Land Raider Redeemers, either.  They are both definitely post-Heresy developments.

That said, the weathering is quite good, and I really like the icon you've got on the Rhino's top hatch.  Did you freehand that, template, transfer...?

@ Athrawes - Thanks! glad you like them

@ kitwulfen - Thanks and I agree, but they aren't actually Heresy Era.. they would be 40K just the remains of what was left of the Loyalists from the traitor Legions that have kept trudging along seeking revenge. One of the reasons I wanted them to be so mucked up and dirty.. they just move from one battle to the next.. no time to hit the car wash! So in my mind they would pick up whatever they could from where ever they could..  my main reason for not using a Psyker is based on the decree and that none of those chapters would have had active Psykers in their midst.. With Big E down for the count they probably would want to hear him rescind his order to use them, since he can't they won't. Put picking up and fixing some found items would be fine 8) One of the reasons I want them to have a mish mash of armor models and weapons.. 

Edit - Forgot to answer the other bit .. The Top Hatch Icon is a mix of Template Airbrush and hand.. I made up to transfers, one for the ring and the other for the wolf then when back in and hand did  the eyes and other details.

Here are a couple of guys that are ready for Mucking up.

WG2032.JPG

WG2031.JPG

WG3021.JPG

A finished up Counts as Marked ..  I figured it would represent the former World Eater mentality well and so gave him a Chain Axe.. 8)

DWTac%2520%25281%2529.JPG

DWTac%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DWTac%2520%25283%2529.JPG

When I grow up, I want to paint like you. :)

I just love your weathering and the guy with the knife is still one of my all time favorite heads.

Bravo!

Thanks guys much appreciated! 8)

Here are a couple of new guys I'll be painting up soon..

DWTac1104.JPG

DWTac1504.JPG

DWTac1505.JPG

I was building this guy and he was feeling more Blood Angel to me so I added on the BA shoulder bit. And used a little bit of extra GS I had to give a one shoulder cloak a shot haha

BAassault5003.JPG

BAassault5002.JPG

And a Finished up Flamer ..

DWTac904.JPG

DWTac905.JPG

DWTac906.JPG

Nice work!! The glowing red thunderhammer is great!! Really nice effect!!

As a SW player who also uses a non-traditional color scheme, it's nice to know there are other out there. Others like you... Others like you!! *que There's a moon in the sky by the B-52's).

End of Line

@ Run Priest -  Thanks man I'm glad you like them ..  I wanted something a little different 8) .. 

@ Ammonius - Thanks! I think with the white color scheme the muck really stands out and I was pretty happy it looked like what I had pictured when it was finished up.

@ Reckoning34 - Thanks... yeah I felt the same but was going with the suspension of disbelief haha.. "Hold on a sec, let me just get this out of here and .. ok lets fight!" Looking cool trumps use 8) .. 

It has been awhile since I was on here .. didn't notice you could like posts . . then didn't know you had a limit per day haha.. 

But anyway.. I finished up the Deimos last night adding in the headlights and applying Mig Oil and Grease to the rivets and other obvious locations..

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

Here are a couple of new guys I'll be painting up soon..

DWTac1104.JPG

So, are you trying to tell me that you're going to paint a guy that has "Elvis" on the side of his bolter? That is just too awesome.

Archived