You know you're an Imperial Guardsman when...

librisrouge

• 3 weeks later...
When each time Forgeworld comes up with a scrapped tank + big gun (Thunderer, Malcador Infernus, etc.) you can't help but think that this needs done more often. Seriously, send the Astartes home, tell the Titanicus to give us their ammunition and then scoot, and inform the Navy... I guess they can stay.

...you don't complain about the cool kids getting all the shiny new toys when GW hands you out an ugly paper van, overpriced abhumans and nerfed stormtroopers. "You playing IG? Then you're used to low quality ay, mate? Let me take your beloved artillery pieces and have some discounts on other units instead. Now go forth and fight for the emprah, you maggot!" "Sir, yes sir, imperial guard ready to serve!"

• 3 weeks later...

When all you need to do is shoot and kill/even just stun/immobilise the dreadnought that has deepstruck into your lines and kill it with either,

A Paskquisher with LC and Exterminator friend, a vendetta, 2xMelta guns and even a ML. To watch all fail and then subsequently the Paskquisher sqn get chewed up with one wrecked and one explosion..........

When your answer to enemies telling you that you don't have enough scoring is to remind them that you'll have enough after they have none.

Dead models secure no objectives!

Guard not having enough scoring units?  Unless you are running an armored company, you should be able to drop several dozen Objective Secured units at the very least.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When you say, 'No, that was a blob squad.  You've only killed half of them.'  

AND

You seriously consider modeling you Infantry and Conscripts as nothing more than a base covered in blood with a pair of smoking boots in the center.

When you can't help envisioning and laughing at how different the battles in the Lord of the Rings movies would be if those strongholds (Helms deep and Minas Tirith) where properly defended by the Krieg and disciplined unbreakable waves of las-fire washed over the hosts of xenos assaulting the holds of humanity. While in the background you think you can hear the Medusas singing their rage into the foul horde. The Krieg would not cower before flying terrors or flee before a simple troll, they have faced down worse and found that they are but flesh and can, no, will die before the purifying flame of human righteousness.

When asked "What can men do against such reckless hate?" You burst out with "Hold the :censored: line and die standing!"

When you see the sweeping shots of Mordor you think "we could break that fort, give me more men and guns and we will flatten it in a proper siege. One artillery carriage length closer at a time."

Finally, you smile every time they say in the movie "Bring it down!" as all you can think of is the fact that they now get monster hunters and can re-roll to wound. Definitely helps with those strength 3 bows shooting at trolls and such...

• 3 weeks later...

when your opponet talks about his "Armor Heavy" army then you whip out 12 russes and watch his jaw drop.

when your squadron of punishers takes out a Raptor bike squad, who happens to be the enemy warlord, effectively gaining slay the warlord and first blood all on round one, and you do a happy dance.......then your oppenent starts to slow clap.   (was one of my defining moments in my gaming life LOL)

Archived