You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

When you send any length of time arguing about the divinity of the Emperor with people.

The Emperor is just as divine as the Chaos Gods (in my opinion). To what extent the Chaos Gods are true gods is debatable and ambiguous.

Obviously, the difference is that the chaos gods are manifestations of sentient thought and action, while the emperor is a quasi-mortal being who has is already enormous psychic presence pumped across the warp by the golden throne and a choir of 1000 sacrificial psykers. Both, however, have worshipers, although I would argue that the Emperor has far and away the largest following. In the context of the 40k universe (and as a devout member of the Adeptus Ministorum) I think that qualifies him for divinity.

So, if the emperor is a god, arguably the God of Order, who's his avatar? I guess Celestine and the Sanguinor are likely candidates.

I don't argue about this kind of thing so much as go back and forth with myself. :happy.:

Oh, and I know this is just a variation on some post on a previous page, but:

You know you are a sisters of battle player when it's not necessary to add Heresy to your casual vocabulary when you start your army. You where already using it beforehand.

Sometimes I wish I could say Sisters where my  first army, but, as my name on this forum can attest, I only picked them up after a couple years of playing on BA. Although, my plan is to never own any non-imperium army, because how could I call myself a sisters player then? I guess that's a good question for all the sisters players on the forum who play filthy Xenos or, Emperor forbid, Chaos.

Must. Not. Call. Other. Sisters. Players. Heretics.

oh, and you know you're a sisters of battle player when you hesitate to play librarians with your space marines, because "Witchcraft, Mutation, and Heresy!" (As the Canoness in DoW Soulstorm likes to say

I've always been borderline obsessed with the Imperium (I think obsession borderline or otherwise, is kinda a prerequisite for this hobby). It took me a while to realize that what I thought of as 40K fluff was really just the Imperium's fluff, because what else matters? :biggrin.:

"Praise be to the Emperor for giving us this point!" :tongue.:

Man, this post got really long. Oh well. At least here there's no reason for anyone to complain about my rambling. You can just skip over it (although if you're reading this sentence . . . you probably didn't).

Edited by Servant of Dante

oh, and you know you're a sisters of battle player when you hesitate to play librarians with your space marines, because "Witchcraft, Mutation, and Heresy!" (As the Canoness in DoW Soulstorm likes to say

The Sisters DO differentiate between psykers (who, though deviants, are granted the honor of serving the Emperor) and witches, as noted in 'Faith and Fire'. As Miriya (Furyou Miko's [sarcasm]favorite[/sarcasm] Sister) states, "The psyker is a tool."

The Sisters DO differentiate between psykers (who, though deviants, are granted the honor of serving the Emperor) and witches, as noted in 'Faith and Fire'. As Miriya (Furyou Miko's [sarcasm]favorite[/sarcasm] Sister) states, "The psyker is a tool."

Yes, but I personally prefer a far mor zealous puritanical approach. Not that the sisters as a whole feel this way (my order certainly does) but I prefer to view "imperium sanctioned" mutants as heretics too. It's just that I can't burn the heretics in the next system over if I shoot the navigator and the astropath. So as long as they stay out of my sight, we should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

When you read someone's (sarcastic) suggestion that we use monetary value rather than points ( eg, a $500 game), and know your only troop choice costs $80 for a squad of 10. And it doesn't bother you.

Either that, or games values are measured in weight...

Not even of just the suit? Bummer.

Perverts are heresy.

I wanted to post something like "sigh" in response to Raven's post, but figured people would assume I meant I wanted to see a picture.

Perverts are heresy.

I wanted to post something like "sigh" in response to Raven's post, but figured people would assume I meant I wanted to see a picture.

Well I for one do what to see a picture (suit only or not), just to see where "Suffer not the unclean to live" is printed. Across the chest? No, burninate for everyone. Across the back? No space on most of the one pieces that I know of. On the backside? Not if we want to keep the beach, orbital bombardment lowers the real state values quickly. Maybe just a nice 'racing stripe' sown the side? Curious minds and all that......:happy.::biggrin.:

Perverts are heresy.

Well I for one do what to see a picture (suit only or not), just to see where "Suffer not the unclean to live" is printed. Across the chest? No, burninate for everyone. Across the back? No space on most of the one pieces that I know of. On the backside? Not if we want to keep the beach, orbital bombardment lowers the real state values quickly. Maybe just a nice 'racing stripe' sown the side? Curious minds and all that......:happy.::biggrin.:
*sigh*

I really need to think before I post. Of course, that's what I've been telling myself for years and that's still not working...

To put this to bed, I don't actually own such a swimsuit any more than I've been asked to help wipe out abusers of the right to go on strike by the police (unfortunately). As for where I'd put the slogan, either the whole thing on either the belly or back, or 'suffer not' on the belly and 'the unclean to live' on the back. Though I like the racing stripe idea...

Anyway, for something I've actually done, you know you're a Sisters of Battle player when you have dreams where you are a Sister of Battle who defeats a chaos incursion with the sheer power of honesty, loyalty, kindness, generosity, laughter and magic faith.

Shun the unbeliever, shuuuuuun!

I really need to think before I post. Of course, that's what I've been telling myself for years and that's still not working...

To put this to bed, I don't actually own such a swimsuit any more than I've been asked to help wipe out abusers of the right to go on strike by the police (unfortunately). As for where I'd put the slogan, either the whole thing on either the belly or back, or 'suffer not' on the belly and 'the unclean to live' on the back. Though I like the racing stripe idea...

Anyway, for something I've actually done, you know you're a Sisters of Battle player when you have dreams where you are a Sister of Battle who defeats a chaos incursion with the sheer power of honesty, loyalty, kindness, generosity, laughter and magic faith.

Shun the unbeliever, shuuuuuun!

Eh, it was entertaining to read people's reactions, at least

You know you're a Sisters player when you spent over four hours scouring the Interwebs for sew-able Fleur patches for your bags (both gaming and non gaming).

Thus far I had found nothing that I find I like or acceptable. I could get one custom made, but I'd have to buy over a hundred because the company that makes them won't make a single one (which I understand, but still one hundred minimum! :blink.: )

You know you're a Sisters player when you spent over four hours scouring the Interwebs for sew-able Fleur patches for your bags (both gaming and non gaming).

Thus far I had found nothing that I find I like or acceptable. I could get one custom made, but I'd have to buy over a hundred because the company that makes them won't make a single one (which I understand, but still one hundred minimum! :blink.: )

Hand them out to other wargamers in an attempt to open their eyes to the glory of Him on Terra and his luminous Imperial Creed.

I'm in a wonderful mood right now. :biggrin.:

Edited by Servant of Dante

Hand them out to other wargamers in an attempt to open their eyes to the glory of Him on Terra and his luminous Imperial Creed.

I'm generous, but the total cost for said one hundred, I'm not that generous! :blink.::laugh.:

I'm generous, but the total cost for said one hundred, I'm not that generous! :blink.::laugh.:

OK, sell them to other wargamers in an attempt to open their eyes to the glory of Him on Terra and his luminous Imperial Creed.

You know you're a Sisters player when you brave public transport (as your car is having its exhaust replaced), brave a horrendous down pour and stub your toe so bad that you had limp back to the garage to pick your car up (whilst already having your knees playing up).

And to play against another Sisters army (which looked very nice in the metal :happy.: ) to boot, so you knew that Sisters were definitely going to win! :laugh.:

Thanks Naminé! :thumbsup: We'll have to get another one in soon :smile.:

Sisters victories are always guaranteed, so sayeth the Holy Emperor!

Celestine faces off with...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/20160624_124024_zpsivxvii7l.jpg

Celestine?!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/20160624_124035_zpskcdmc5na.jpg